I hate the sun!!!

choppee73

As the thread title says, I REALLY HATE sitting in the sun for a long period of time! Most people talk about having trouble finding a deck chair to sit in during sea days, and I'll be on the Triumph in April. I'm not really interested in sitting NEAR the pool, and am happy to sit far from it if I can find a shady spot. Tell me, those of you who know, will I have trouble finding a deck chair in the SHADE? Couldn't care less about sunning/tanning! I like sunny days when I'm walking in the sun, or swimming in the sun, but I hate just sitting in the sun (I usually fall asleep when I lounge and therefore burn like bacon on a skillet). Thanks in advance!

:cool::cool:

If you don't need to be on or near the Lido Deck, I'd recommend the deck area outside the lobby on Deck 3 - assuming they've put chairs out there (sometimes they're not there due to weather). It's completely shaded, nice ocean view, and very quiet.

My absolute favorite place is Deck 3. There Is A door next to guest services that goes out to a deck with lounge chairs. No one knows it's there so very quiet. It will get more crowded through the week as more figure out your secret. The first two or three days it will be like a private extended balcony.

If you don't need to be on or near the Lido Deck, I'd recommend the deck area outside the lobby on Deck 3 - assuming they've put chairs out there (sometimes they're not there due to weather). It's completely shaded, nice ocean view, and very quiet.

This is favorite serenity spot. I just love it there. Its my reading deck.

As a skin cancer survivor (in my early 30’s), I still enjoy being outside but not in direct sunlight for obvious reasons. I think it’s easier to find a shaded spot than it is to find a spot that’s not. It seems like most people on outdoor decks wants to be frying under the sun. The ever growing number of chair hogs is a clear indication of how coveted loungers in direct sunlight are.

I used to be a sun worshipper (which is how I got skin cancer) so I get the desire to come back from a cruise with a “healthy” glow, but I’ve learned that cruising is much easier when I don’t have to fight for a lounger in direct sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums