Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

They have redesigned their website and it's not working. I can't access my itinerary, dining preferences, or anything else. However, I can make online payments.:rolleyes: A website tech said they are having difficulties and still working on it. Huh? He said the redesign was supposed to improve the site. Just wondered if anyone else is having problems.

I can't see mine either. I was going to go in and print out my luggage tags -- we sail tomorrow!

I guess I can just fill out a luggage tag with our room number at the pier??

Yes, you can get luggage tags at the pier.

I can't see mine either. I was going to go in and print out my luggage tags -- we sail tomorrow!

I guess I can just fill out a luggage tag with our room number at the pier??

Generally, you are locked out of your reservation 3 days before sailing. Of course, with the new pages, everything is wacko! We are all having issues.

Glad to see they're looking in to it. I keep getting stuck in a never ending loop of logging in and going back to the log in page whenever I try to get to the cruise planner. So frustrating :(

I have exactly the same problem!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In a previous life I used to do UAT testing.

We had scripts for every eventuality to test and test again before it went live.

I think someone didn't even bother with the basic 'Log In' script.

Perhaps I can offer them my services...?

Yes the company I work for also does UAT testing before going live. So do we have hiccups after implementation... of course we do but nothing on the scale of this mess!

That’s nice that it’s being acknowledged and that there’s a plan to fix it and not leave it the way it is.

I never got this letter though, and I’ve been a Crown and Anchor member for 14 years and my email address has never changed.

I guess that part of their system is just as flawed as the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never got the letter either.

That should have been a C&A email to all members. :(

Wow! I haven't been on the RCCL website in a while. Thanks for this link - 58 pages! :eek:

This thread will most likely get merged into that one. That's what the moderators have been doing - info on how to get into the site is towards the end of the thread (or it was earlier today )

Michael Bayley finally made an official statement, in a letter posted on the FB C&A page. The root cause is partially the customer's fault because many had more than one online account. But RCI takes some blame too. And apparently they purposely are removing the online ability to adjust C&A perks. You know how that works. Fewer changes to make if everyone has to call C&A instead of making a few clicks on a screen.

Ah, blame the problems on their customers. What a novel approach.

I sent an email to Michael Bayley and received a response from the lead digital team member. Hopefully more people will let them know that this rollout/new system has been a disaster and they can put the proper fixes in quickly.

They probably crafted that letter before the migration to the new system even started. They knew exactly what they were getting into. I've project managed several website redesigns and unexpected glitches will always arise, but this is a total cluster. Their philosophy going into this project was obviously "move fast and break things and pick up the pieces afterwards."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Michael Bayley finally made an official statement, in a letter posted on the FB C&A page. The root cause is partially the customer's fault because many had more than one online account. But RCI takes some blame too. And apparently they purposely are removing the online ability to adjust C&A perks. You know how that works. Fewer changes to make if everyone has to call C&A instead of making a few clicks on a screen.

I predict LONG lines at the LA desks onboard. Just tried to choose our 2 bottles of 'Loyalty' wine for our forthcoming cruise and the option is no longer there. It's been hard enough in the past to get what we requested via the website but with no means of doing that now I assume the only way is via the LA. Or perhaps it's yet another perk they're planning on doing away with by stealth. :(

This is funny (or not). Twice in the recent past, Royal did not post our points after a cruise. After calling to question why they never showed, I was told that the system created a new ID for us and gave the new us the missing points. That explained why we got emails from them welcoming us to the Gold level when we had over 500 points. Partially the customers fault...but partially THEIR fault as well. We are still waiting for a second merge to correct this issue. They said a merge takes 2 weeks.

So RCI is admitting that it basically did no analysis of existing data and usage patterns before designing the new system. A simple database query would have determined that multiple accounts use the same email address. But even that was not necessary, an understanding of reality would have suggested that the likelihood of three and four year old C&A members managing their own accounts approached zero.

Aside from the testing issue, RCI has much deeper IT problems. It seems that customer interests do not factor into its thinking. So long as customer needs and desires are ignored in the design process, a user friendly website is going to be near impossible to produce.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. They shouldn't be complaining about multiple accounts at this point since that should have been planned for and handled by their DB upgrade scripts. Yes, there may be cases where a duplicate may not be identified but that should be an odd case.

Another thing I wonder is how much they tested their migration and implementation plans. This seemingly piecemeal implementation is ridiculous in my opinion, users are left to wonder whether certain functionality that used to exist has been removed permanently or will be re-added some time in the future.

I agree with the post #12- this letter, while well written, should have been sent to all C&A members- as an email! I do NOT do Facebook or use other social media, and I am not alone in my choices. Mr. Bayley- send this apology letter to ALL C&A members!