Disembarkation in Barcelona

I am traveling on the Symphony of the Seas in May from Barcelona. On our return, it says the ship will arrive in Barcelona at 5am. What time will they start the self-disembarkation for those that want to carry off their own luggage? I realize the ship is new but I know the Alllure did this itinerary in other years so looking for those that have experienced it.

Thanks!

What’s the latest you can stay on the ship?

Check onboard because they sometimes offer a late disembakration option in Europe. You pay a fee and can stay onboard until later in the afternoon.

I am traveling on the Symphony of the Seas in May from Barcelona. On our return, it says the ship will arrive in Barcelona at 5am. What time will they start the self-disembarkation for those that want to carry off their own luggage? I realize the ship is new but I know the Alllure did this itinerary in other years so looking for those that have experienced it.

Thanks!

I can’t recall specifically the time we could walk off the ship in Barcelona (Freedom) But I will tell you we were at the airport by 7:20. We had to wait until 8 for the Delta attendants to show up to checkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can’t recall specifically the time we could walk off the ship in Barcelona (Freedom) But I will tell you we were at the airport by 7:20. We had to wait until 8 for the Delta attendants to show up to checkin.

How did you get to the airport? Taxi line or pre-arranged private service?

How did you get to the airport? Taxi line or pre-arranged private service?

Taxi. They are all lined up just outside the terminal. It’s a set fee to the airport. There was a security person directing cruisers to the next taxi. Taxies are not hard to miss, they are all dark yellow and black in Barcelona.

I think the fare was around 27-28 Euro.

Taxi. They are all lined up just outside the terminal. It’s a set fee to the airport. There was a security person directing cruisers to the next taxi. Taxies are not hard to miss, they are all dark yellow and black in Barcelona.

I think the fare was around 27-28 Euro.

I believe the flat rate between the airport and port is 39 Euros.

Thanks! Booked RCCL air and our return flight departs BCN at 10:00am. I have read horror stories about that not being enough time and that the line for taxis can be over an hour long. My family always carries off our luggage so hopefully we will be fine.

Thanks! Booked RCCL air and our return flight departs BCN at 10:00am. I have read horror stories about that not being enough time and that the line for taxis can be over an hour long. My family always carries off our luggage so hopefully we will be fine.

We are looking at a 10:00 am flight also through Air2Sea for our September cruise. Please report back how it worked out. Thanks!

There are around 40 taxis all the time and they constantly keep turning up.

It is a short walk down the gangway lift down to ground floor and about 50 metres to the exit door.The taxi stand is about 30 metres from the exit door.

If you get off early the queue is around 10 minutes.

After 9 am is when it is really busy.

Taxi takes about 20 minutes to get to the airport.

We have used Barcelona port and airport many times and it is very easy.

Don't worry.

We are looking at a 10:00 am flight also through Air2Sea for our September cruise. Please report back how it worked out. Thanks!

I have friends traveling the end of this month with 10:05am flights so I am anxious to hear how she makes it as well! I will definitely report back.

Check onboard because they sometimes offer a late disembakration option in Europe. You pay a fee and can stay onboard until later in the afternoon.

If you take the late disembarkation option are you allowed to roam the ship and go to the pool area or are you stuck with those that are waiting to leave. What happens to your luggage if you have left it out the night before.

If you take the late disembarkation option are you allowed to roam the ship and go to the pool area or are you stuck with those that are waiting to leave. What happens to your luggage if you have left it out the night before.

You are allowed all the ship facilities, including having lunch. I don't know what happens to the luggage, but I would assume they put it in some designated place for you to pick up when you leave.

You leave your luggage out in the same way as if you were disembarking at an earlier time and it is kept in a separate setion. You will need to check out of your cabin but can do whatever you want on the ship until you leave, much as if you were staying on for a back to back. I can't remember the cost ($39 rings a bell) but it's sometimes shown as an optional 'excursion' on your cruise planner or else you will get a leaflet in your cabin during the cruise. It's a great option if you have a late flight

You are allowed all the ship facilities, including having lunch. I don't know what happens to the luggage, but I would assume they put it in some designated place for you to pick up when you leave.

How hard is it to find an open bar on disembarkation day? Never tried as we are often the first off.

How hard is it to find an open bar on disembarkation day? Never tried as we are often the first off.

The pool bars (and probably others) will re-open as soon as the new guests are boarding, around 11am.

So technically, one only gets 6 1/2 days of use at the max for the Drink Package?

I'd say closer to 6.9 days, because it starts at 11am the day you board and it ends when Windjammer (and it's bar) close on disembarkation morning, so lets say 8am.

• 3 months later...

I'm on Symphony now. We disembark tomorrow (Sunday) in Barcelona . We have a 2pm flight so don't want to go to airport too early. looks like they want everyone out of rooms by 9:30am. New people got on the ship at Rome so they will still be enjoying their cruise just like we were when they got on Thursday so I can't see how they can shut down any of the common areas and food options. I'm sure they would cut off drunk package for us though. I'm gonna get out of my room and try to hang as long as possible.