ShoreX Credit

calabash

DH hates having a large bill waiting after a vacation. As a result, we always pre-book (and pre-pay) if we are taking a cruise line excursion. To each their own. Hopefully we won't have anything to worry about with the $50 credits. And hopefully someone will post about their experience in getting the $50 back if they booked online.

Just to repeat: We always book online. We always pre-pay because we're booking on line. And we always see the $50 per shore excursion as a credit on our final on-board bill. It's not an issue, folks. You can do it either way: Call and book, in which case your price is reduced by $50, or book on line, pay full price, and see the credit on your bill at the end.

As part of the "Free at Sea" we received $50. credit for every NCL shore excursion. When I booked our excursions the cost did not reflect the $50 credit. I called and was told that this we would receive this credit to use on the ship.and any credit that we did not use would be refunded at the end of the cruise.

Not true; it is $50 PER PORT even if there is an overnight stop and you do a shorex each day.

The best method is to phone Shorex in Miami and RESERVE your shorex, do not pay for them. Then they will be charged on your folio when you board at the quoted price (less any Latitudes benefits). Then AFTER you have done the shorex your folio will be credited with "up to" $50 per cabin.

They do it this way in the hope that you will spend the credit on board as if it is OBC, don't be fooled.

However if you book and pay before you board then the refund does appear as OBC; there is lots of discussion as to whether that will be classified as refundable or non-refundable OBC. I have not seen any posts confirming one way or other. BUT the wording implies it is non-refundable.

Please do not use font colors like in the post I am quoting. They are non ADA complaint, and very difficult for many people to read. This will often make a good message turn into a mess.

Please be aware that there are some Latitudes specials right now that are giving different amounts of shore excursion credits. The only sure thing is to check your booking.

BTW in Bermuda, you get one excursion per day, not one for the whole stop.

DH hates having a large bill waiting after a vacation.

The way round that is to take cash on board and put it on your folio on boarding.

We sometimes do that - however, our excursions were very expensive, and dh does not want to fly to Copenhagen with a large amount of cash. Our August cruise is now totally paid off (except for our private excursion in Russia) and he is a happy camper!!

does anyone know if you prepay the shore excursions with your NCL credit card, do you get 3x the points that you do for NCL purchases?

as long as the charge says Norwegian/NCL on it, it should get the 3x points

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know for sure if the $50 excursion credit offered on the Distinctive Voyages promo can be combined with the normal Free at Sea $50 excursion credit, therefore being able to apply $100 towards each day's excursion?

I think ....

The OBC will be refundable ....

I am still waiting to have confirmation from someone who actually paid for the shorex before cruising and had the $50 credited to their account that the excess was actually refundable. Not had that done so far.

Why would someone pay for the shore excursion before cruising? There’s always the chance the port it the excursion may be cancelled. Then you are dealing with a refund.

I’ve never heard anyone advise to prepay the shore excursions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why would someone pay for the shore excursion before cruising? There’s always the chance the port it the excursion may be cancelled. Then you are dealing with a refund. I’ve never heard anyone advise to prepay the shore excursions.

Most people pay for shore excursions before sailing. If it is a popular excursion, it will sell out before sailing.

If you plan on using your Latitudes discount on an excursion, NCL advises that you call the shore excursion for making your reservations, so that the 10% can be applied. I can only address the encounters I have had. I am platinum, I call and make my reservations over the phone, they apply the 10%, than the shore excursion credit, whether it is the 50 as one of your selected perks, and then another 50 if you have distinguish voyage. If you call and reserve over the phone, you are guaranteed a spot on that tour, but you will not be billed until after tour has been taken. You have until 48 hours prior to the tour to cancel or you will be charged the total amount. Yes, your choice excursion credit and distinguish voyage can be combined for a total of 100 per cabin. Your choice excursion credit is valid for all ports, but the other credit can only be utilized 4 times in a sailing. So in brief, you would have 100 total excursion credit for 4 ports, and the remaining ports 50. Hope this helps.

Recently returned from a trip on Dawn. I purchased my excursions ahead of time online. I got the Latitude s discount at the time of purchase. Each evening after a port call, I would automatically get a $50 credit to my folio. I even got a credit for a debark excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope - cannot do that. Can only get one $50 credit per port- not $100.

Are you sure on this? I was told differently and if you look on the distinctive terms it says they are COMBINABLE with the free at sea promotion.

Yes, your choice excursion credit and distinguish voyage can be combined for a total of 100 per cabin. Your choice excursion credit is valid for all ports, but the other credit can only be utilized 4 times in a sailing. So in brief, you would have 100 total excursion credit for 4 ports, and the remaining ports 50. Hope this helps.

Thank you, this is VERY helpful! In reading the T&C's, it sounds like both shorex bennies are one per port, with no limit on the number of ports. From other threads, this seems to be a recent change, so even better perk now!

Regarding the last post (by me), it appears that the number of ports that can be used for DV shore excursion credit has been changed to include all ports. I was given incorrect information from my PC at NCL earlier this week. Very good news!

We always have this perk and I hate it. But- we booked 2 excursions on line and were credited $50 on board after we took the excursion.

We have not had any issues or problems and have done this3 times in the past 2 years.

They don’t add OBC - they simply deduct $50 from your bill.

If all you have is DSC the. It comes off that . On our first full day we had an excursion and no charges except DSC. The $50 is deducted from whatever you owe .

We always have this perk and I hate it. But- we booked 2 excursions on line and were credited $50 on board after we took the excursion.

We have not had any issues or problems and have done this3 times in the past 2 years.

They don’t add OBC - they simply deduct $50 from your bill.

If all you have is DSC the. It comes off that . On our first full day we had an excursion and no charges except DSC. The $50 is deducted from whatever you owe .

And it is not a matter of “getting away “ with anything. If you call and book you will be told the same thing. I have!

I'm sorry, but this is simply not correct. We always book our shore excursions online before our cruise, and we always receive the shore excursion credit as a credit on our final bill when we leave the ship.

Some people do not like to book online before the cruise because your credit card will be charged for the shore excursion. But then you get the credit at the end of the cruise, which offsets $50 of what you've paid. If you're using the same credit card, it's a wash. If you're not using the same credit card, you still received the credit, so your final out-of-pocket for the cruise is reduced by the shore excursion credit amount.

If doing it this way bothers you financially, then the only way around it that you DO have to call to book, so the credit will be applied right away.

Yup! It has been how we have done it the last 3 cruises . I do not mind paying ahead- it ensures that we get the excursion we want.

And they do sell out. The $5O credit is a nice little deduction from our total owed .

no, you get $50 each day of Bermuda. You cannot combine them to use all in one day tho.

Bermuda is the exception. They can be combined. First day arrival in Bermuda is 6 PM so excursions would be very limited.

MARAPRINCE

Yup! It has been how we have done it the last 3 cruises . I do not mind paying ahead- it ensures that we get the excursion we want.

And they do sell out. The $5O credit is a nice little deduction from our total owed .

Thank you for this info as I was confused as I booked and paid in full on line for my Baltic cruise. I had asked in another thread should I cancel and call to book so I get the credit and response was yes.

Seemed silly to me as booking on line is easier for both NCL and cruiser, cuts down on their call volume.

I don't have a problem paying in advance because cc will be long paid before I cruise.