Couple questions for 138east

cruisehabits

Hi 138east!

Thank you for your response on the thread I created yesterday.

You obviously have the inside track and are very informative!

I have a couple of questions to keep me planning in the right direction. I do plan to book a New England cruise on the Anthem for September or October of next year.

Please provide me with your best advice considering the following. [emoji4]

I will plan my arrival into Newark at least two days prior to cruising, so perhaps Tuesday or even as early as Monday. I will plan to visit NYC during those days. I believe I read in a post you responded to that staying somewhere on the waterfront in NJ provides train options into NYC for approximately $3 each way ( not sure I’m remembering everything correctly) 🤪

With that being said I believe you said it was a reasonable amount of money to take an Uber from the airport to the waterfront hotel area ( what is the name of this area again). Also reasonable amount of time and money to Uber to the port for embarking?

Please provide your advice and guidance for transportation concerns and any hotel recommendations based on the information I provided. If I missed adding anything I’ll be sure to come back and ask for your assistance!

You’re a gem on here! I’ve read several of your posts and you really lay out all the information you provide well!

Thank you in advance for answering my questions and providing me with the guidance to properly plan our trip! [emoji4]

Safe travels to all! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums