Luggage

I have been looking at a cruise next year from Naples. Could I just ask once you arrive at Naples airport do you collect your luggage as you would normally do, find your holiday representative and go to your allocated coach or is there a different system in place?

I have only ever cruised where you arrive at your cruise terminal and hand your luggage over to the porters.

Thanks for any help.

With Marella (Thomson/TUI) the normal practice is you go to the airport, hand your suitcase/luggage/bags over to the person at the desk when you check in and then you see the bag again in or just outside your cabin door.

This is great because when you get off the plane, you just need to get yourself through security and on the coach to the ship. Simples.

Now, here is the difficult bit, not every port has this feature in place and you will need to get your luggage and take it to the coach, then they will take it to your cabin. This is at Palma, but not at Corfu or Dubrovnik. Naples is a new destination port for Marella and no one knows yet if this portage service is in place. But it will be told to you before you leave the UK. Just ask any TUI staff at the airport before you leave and/or when you land. There are reps everywhere to help, as you won't be the only one doing this.

Can anyone tell me if you pay extra for luggage on the flight with Marella. We normally fly Jet2 flight only and have to pay extra for hold luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your flight to the cruise in with TUI airways. You get 20KG per person check in luggage which goes in the aircraft hold, in addition you get a carry on allowance of 7Kg. You can buy an extra luggage allowance but I don't know the details.

Is 20KG enough? My pack for a 14 night cruise including dinner jacket etc is about 16KG so 20 KG should be enough unless you are taking the kitchen sink or 28 pairs of shoes!

It is only in the Carribean and Dubrovnik that they have bonded luggage which you don't have to collect from the carousel and take to the coach. At the moment every other port you do have to. We will not know about Naples till nearer the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

you can upgrade to 25KG from 20KG. Think the upgrade changes the in-cabin allowance form 5KG to 7KG but will have to check on my details for that. brb
Hand luggage on all cruises is 7kg its now printed on your e tickets, Max weight in any one case is 23kg ,elf and safety, min extra you can purchase is 5kg which you can share. Its all in the brochure.[emoji6]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app