WOW! MSC Seaside reviews take a dramatic turn :)

BermudaBound2014

Holy Crap, this time last month MSC seaside had a dismal 1.85 average score in reviews, now she is a solid 3.0 and the last 10 reviews scored a terrific 4.3. Huge shift in a very short amount of time!! Kinda like my weather, this time last week I was sitting on a beautiful beach in Aruba and now we are in the midst of a massive ice storm.

I believe I have caught up on the reviews, and I haven't read one single review of the sewer smell being reported since mid-March. This coincides remarkably well with Cheng's prediction about how long it might take MSC to manufacture parts to fix the issue. Very encouraging.

And a full dinner buffet and all guests who wish are able to eat in the MDR is a big bonus for us.

Bravo to MSC!

To those of you caught in the ice storm, stay safe!

I noticed that too.!:D

I read the reviews every day. They're getting good. I even read one from people who are in the exact suite we'll be in ....;p

Yeah!!! That’s always exciting :).

Am I crazy or are you also seeing drastically different reports regarding shade availability on loungers in yc? Some reviews say you can easily find shade, others say you have to get the pool attendants to move loungers near the doors (not optimal), others say it depends on the time of day. This issue could so easily be fixed- I don’t get why MSc won’t toss up some umbrellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Crap, this time last month MSC seaside had a dismal 1.85 average score in reviews, now she is a solid 3.0 and the last 10 reviews scored a terrific 4.3. Huge shift in a very short amount of time!! Kinda like my weather, this time last week I was sitting on a beautiful beach in Aruba and now we are in the midst of a massive ice storm.

I believe I have caught up on the reviews, and I haven't read one single review of the sewer smell being reported since mid-March. This coincides remarkably well with Cheng's prediction about how long it might take MSC to manufacture parts to fix the issue. Very encouraging.

And a full dinner buffet and all guests who wish are able to eat in the MDR is a big bonus for us.

Bravo to MSC!

I smelled sulfur as we boarded the ship on the 7th one time that was it.i t was fairly strong for a minute.

You cannot easily get shade as of mid-March. Hotel director says they are working on a solution. But there is plenty of shade in the table areas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same way on divina yc - plenty of shade at tables, none in loungers around pool. Seems that aurea area may have shade in loungers available to all YC guests. I need to research that more.

And before anyone says umbrellas won’t work because of the wind, that’s false. Lots of ships have umbrellas and or clam shells forward facing on top decks.

Yeah!!! That’s always exciting :).

Am I crazy or are you also seeing drastically different reports regarding shade availability on loungers in yc? Some reviews say you can easily find shade, others say you have to get the pool attendants to move loungers near the doors (not optimal), others say it depends on the time of day. This issue could so easily be fixed- I don’t get why MSc won’t toss up some umbrellas.

I think there's shade in the Aurea area.....which YC people are allowed to use.

WE had shade on Divina when we stayed on board St. Maartin day. The ship was facing a certain way and we positioned our loungers against the hot tub wall and it was shady there for hours. Plus we were the only people in the pool.:D

Bravo to MSC!

We had a 5:15 dinner seating and couldn't make it due to excursions a couple times last week. Let me tell you, all three daily buffets were really good. They had it all. I would need two plates because of all of the items I wanted to try. The new buffet approach was so good that I could have not eaten in the MDR once and been satisfied eating in the buffet all day. Always a place to sit, clean, and staff ready to take drink orders at a push of a button. I also had food fears after the bad initial sailings. This is why we wait at least 90 days to sail on a new ship. I do feel bad for those on early that only had burgers, fries, pizza, nuggets, poor salads, etc. It's a 180 from what I expected and the food was delicious. Some things could have been a little hotter but most was what it was supposed to be. Pizza is as good as others say btw ....

There are those who said things would improve as time moved on and the crew began to gell together, there were also the nay sayers who were willing the Seaside to fail.

As for a change to the reviews since the Captain's changed I fail to see how either of them could could have influenced a guests review seeing as one main issue was beyond their control, it is just coincidence that reviews have improved now that changes have been made to the onboard experience.

Great to hear about these positive changes

We had a 5:15 dinner seating and couldn't make it due to excursions a couple times last week. Let me tell you, all three daily buffets were really good. They had it all. I would need two plates because of all of the items I wanted to try. The new buffet approach was so good that I could have not eaten in the MDR once and been satisfied eating in the buffet all day.
Only 2 ! You on a diet ? ;p

Part of the dynamic ratings change, is that there are now many more, Yacht Club reviews. In this area, MSC truly does care and has greatly improved the butler service/staffing levels, since the first voyage. So unless you are YC guests, you should take these reviews, with a grain of salt.

So unless you are YC guests, you should take these reviews, with a grain of salt.

This comment is absolute hogwash. When we were on the Seaside in February, in the “dark days” of the poor reviews, we had the absolute opposite experience than that portrayed...and we were in a Fantastica balcony on Deck 14 aft.

I’m sick and tired of constantly hearing this bull about Yacht Club being the only place on the ship where you’ll experience stellar service. It’s utter nonsense. We had great service in Bella on the Divina a year ago, and just as good on the Seaside this year.

Oh, and for the record, service on Divina under Captain Scala was just as good as Seaside under Captain Massa. Massa had only been master for two weeks when we boarded, so he must have turned the ship upside down by the time we boarded. [emoji849]

We’ll be back on the Seaside at the end of May in Bella. I hope I’m able to cope.

Well on my Divina cruise this last summer; all Capt. Massa & his Hotel Director, seemed to care about is, Yacht Club, Yacht Club, and more Yacht Club! Thank goodness, I took the hint and booked Seaside YC, for the late summer, this year!

Well on my Divina cruise this last summer; all Capt. Massa & his Hotel Director, seemed to care about is, Yacht Club, Yacht Club, and more Yacht Club! Thank goodness, I took the hint and booked Seaside YC, for the late summer, this year!

You are obsessed with Yacht Club!

There is more to the Seaside than Yacht Club!

We had a fabulous time in February and did not do Yacht Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was Bella and was treated with respect, kindness, and smiles the whole trip. I'm glad I didn't pay for Yacht Club. I never saw anyone getting special treatment for being Yacht Club except for embarkation. After that, I couldn't tell you who was or wasn't. I'm sure the Yacht Club is a fine experience and the area would be nice on the ship but I had zero problems being Bella and got the dining time we wanted.