Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

We were on the Getaway in February and you just ordered from the menu and paid. For example nachos were $5.99. I am confused as to what the charge is. So you pay $14.95 and that’s ones entree?? :confused:

On the Getaway there was never anyone in there although we loved their margaritas and constantly went in to get them from the bar. Only place we could find a decent one on the ship!

I wonder if the Chill bar thats adjacent on the Breakaway with Margaritaville is on the Bliss.

on the Bliss there is a picture of a bar, in the photo, and they show a bar there without naming it on the Bliss deck plan. On The Breakaway anyone could go there, not just Margaritaville diners. It was called Chill bar norwegian-escape-norwegian-ncl-51323.jpg

Edited by Whitefacekat

I think I’m in the minority but I really enjoyed Margaritaville the only time I tried it. I don’t understand why they are changing it again. You’re right, no one is going to pay $14.95 and it will sit empty. Seems like there must be a better solution.

We really enjoyed it on the Getaway! When we got back from a port we headed there and shared nachos with our friends!

I think I’m in the minority but I really enjoyed Margaritaville the only time I tried it. I don’t understand why they are changing it again. You’re right, no one is going to pay $14.95 and it will sit empty. Seems like there must be a better solution.

I've paid that cover a couple of times - not a biggie. Besides, after a starter of some type, a beer, and an attempt at a volcano burger and another beer... I'm done ! :D

Tom

yes Magaritaville is now a flat fee for food, of $14.95, instead of ala carte pay as you go.

If its like other ships there may be a free breakfast buffet listed on a few sea days. If there is it will be listed in the dailies

Is their buffet any different that the Garden Café?

On the Getaway there was never anyone in there although we loved their margaritas and constantly went in to get them from the bar. Only place we could find a decent one on the ship!

Are these included in the beverage package?

Are these included in the beverage package?

Yes, they were on the Getaway. Someone posted a picture of the Chill Bar and that was inside Margaritaville conveniently close to H2O lol We just slipped in the back door, got our drinks and headed back to the adult area. Landshark was also included in the beverage package. We also ordered food from Margaritaville carry out. Not sure if they will still do that when there is a cover charge. On the Getaway they were only charging $5.99 for nachos and I think $6.99 for a burger and fries

This is our 9th cruise but first on NCL. The ships look first rate but the website and booking are unbelievably screwed up. I just went on the website to book some additional excursions and they have gone from 50+ to 18...I don't comprehend??? Most of our cruises have been on Princess or Carnival and their website is a 10 compared to NCL, a 0. Not sure booking this cruise was good idea. Hoping for the best.:confused::confused:

Is their buffet any different that the Garden Café?

If Margaritaville does a Breakfast free on seadays like other ships(published in the dailies) it will be tiny and basic. It would be a quiet spot near spice H2O to grab something. No omelet station or giant variety of items.

This is our 9th cruise but first on NCL. The ships look first rate but the website and booking are unbelievably screwed up. I just went on the website to book some additional excursions and they have gone from 50+ to 18...I don't comprehend??? Most of our cruises have been on Princess or Carnival and their website is a 10 compared to NCL, a 0. Not sure booking this cruise was good idea. Hoping for the best.:confused::confused:

When you book a shore excursion, the website only counts the shore excursions that don’t conflict with the times you have already chosen.

I am really used to NCL’s website, so I find other cruise lines harder to navigate, I just need to remember its different not better or worse.

Hope you have a great time, we are on the Panama sailing also.

When you book a shore excursion, the website only counts the shore excursions that don’t conflict with the times you have already chosen.

That's true but I find it a poor design. If you think you may want to change an excursion that is already booked you can't easily see what your options are.

Does anyone know if they will be showing the christening ceremony live?

Probably not, perhaps local German news but besides some photos of a reception on a top deck/Haven courtyard with a flag change ceremony I've never seen any coverage.

The Miami christening might be a thing, think Pitbull and FDR standing on raising platforms shouting in their mics. :D:D

We just booked on Bliss the other day, sailing March 23, 2019 out of Miami. I am super excited and can't wait for the first cruise of Bliss to set sail on April 21st and TheDougOut's live posting to start!

I can't be the only one greatly anticipating that thread starting!

Probably not, perhaps local German news but besides some photos of a reception on a top deck/Haven courtyard with a flag change ceremony I've never seen any coverage. D

Christening is in Seattle on May 30 with Elvis Duran and FDR charting it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's true but I find it a poor design. If you think you may want to change an excursion that is already booked you can't easily see what your options are.

This is exactly how a graphical user interface should work. Only present valid options vs having users make dozens of clicks and getting all the way to the final checkout to be denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forget how I stumbled onto it but there are printable lists that has every excursion for each port. You could also just sign out before going to the excursions list to see absolutely everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably not, perhaps local German news but besides some photos of a reception on a top deck/Haven courtyard with a flag change ceremony I've never seen any coverage.

The Miami christening might be a thing, think Pitbull and FDR standing on raising platforms shouting in their mics. :D:D

The Bliss will be christened in downtown Seattle, Washington, Bell Street Terminal on Saturday June 2nd.

Just saw a posting on another site from Meyer Werft saying that the Sign Over Ceremony would be NOON tomorrow in Bremerhaven Germany.

Thank you Meyer Werft. Thank you to all of the Norwegian staff members both Corporate and on board for all of your hard work.