Cabin booking?

Thank;s for the info, our's is a two week cruise.....Will we keep the same cabin for the full 2 weeks....it's classed as 2 cruises I think.

If you have booked a 2 week package you only pay one cabin booking fee and will USUALLY have the same cabin for both weeks; I have only heard of the odd person having to move mid cruise.

As we do not live in the UK we have to book 'cruise only' and, as the website doesn't allow a 14 night cruise only booking, have to do 2 x 7 nights with different booking reference numbers. When we ring to book the cabin we explain that we have 2 reference numbers but they are for B2B cruises and that we need the same cabin for the whole cruise - we are initially charged a cabin booking fee for each week but the second is then refunded. We have always had the same cabin but, as ours is 2 separate bookings, our initial cruise card is only for 7 nights and we have to go to reception at the end of the first week to get a replacement (don't have to pack/vacate the cabin/unpack again though thank goodness).

Hope this makes sense!

What I find a benefit with b2b cruising, is the base port you don't visit on a week's cruise. You fly in and straight to the ship, upon leaving, depending on flights, you could still miss out on visiting any landmarks. But with the b2b, you get a day where you can explore the port, whilst everyone else is getting on and off. Also, this leaves your cabin for the very busy room steward to make up, when you are out.

Thank's all, but I did read somewhere that on B2B cruises the 2nd safety drill has to be observed. Think it was on cruise.co.uk, they ran a story about a couple who refused to do the 2nd one and got kicked off. Not sure what cruise line it was. Looking forward to changeover day. Could fancy a tour on Barbados. Any recommendations welcome. Campolady do you live somewhere nice and sunny. We fancy getting away for winter renting an apartment, but would have to above 18C most of the time, don't mind cool nights. Hate our winters these day's.

Thank's all, but I did read somewhere that on B2B cruises the 2nd safety drill has to be observed. Think it was on cruise.co.uk, they ran a story about a couple who refused to do the 2nd one and got kicked off. Not sure what cruise line it was. Looking forward to changeover day. Could fancy a tour on Barbados. Any recommendations welcome. Campolady do you live somewhere nice and sunny. We fancy getting away for winter renting an apartment, but would have to above 18C most of the time, don't mind cool nights. Hate our winters these day's.

No need to do safety drill on second leg of a B2B cruise UNLESS you have to change cabins mid-stay.

We live in Andalucia, Spain.

• 9 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 6:55 AM, A Man called Hoss said:

First time on Marella next Feb to Caribbean. Have upgraded seats on the 787 to extra legroom but have not booked a particular cabin. Will we be allocated a cabin at the last minute and will it be what's left at the grade we have booked?

Hi. I hope it all went well. We are looking at booking on Explorer 2 but cannot find any way to choose a particular cabin. On the TUI/Marella bokking website you can only choose cabin type. Any help appreciated. -;)

12 minutes ago, henry-root said:

Hi. I hope it all went well. We are looking at booking on Explorer 2 but cannot find any way to choose a particular cabin. On the TUI/Marella bokking website you can only choose cabin type. Any help appreciated. -;)

That is correct. You need to pay £48 to pick the actual cabin number you want. It's a phone call or pop in to a TUI shop. Then you can find what is available and book it. Or just get what you are given on the day.

1 minute ago, SausPud said:

That is correct. You need to pay £48 to pick the actual cabin number you want. It's a phone call or pop in to a TUI shop. Then you can find what is available and book it. Or just get what you are given on the day.

Cheers that was quick. So can you do this online? Doesn't seem so so I have to book then chance finding a particular cabin is it.

1 minute ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Unfortunately you cant book a particular cabin on line you have to give them a call on 0203 636 1862 and pay the £48:classic_rolleyes:

Aha sometimes it takes a while to sort the simplest of things but it gets worse. There's a TUI shop just down the road from us he he. I hope you can get the same discount

6 minutes ago, henry-root said:

Aha sometimes it takes a while to sort the simplest of things but it gets worse. There's a TUI shop just down the road from us he he. I hope you can get the same discount

There is not really a discount. It's £48 for the cabin, not per person and if doing 2 weeks (a back to back cruise) you will only pay once.

2 minutes ago, SausPud said:

There is not really a discount. It's £48 for the cabin, not per person and if doing 2 weeks (a back to back cruise) you will only pay once.

Yes I understand thanks. Discount I am referring to ends in 5 days for bookings next year

5 minutes ago, henry-root said:

Yes I understand thanks. Discount I am referring to ends in 5 days for bookings next year

Better get your skates on. You can book online and just call to get the cabin you want. 

What grade were you looking at and I'll recommend some numbers to look at?

15 minutes ago, henry-root said:

Deluxe balcony cheers

Deluxe Balcony Cabins are ALL Aft facing, so doesn't matter which side the ship is in port, you will still see both sides. 

Have you even looked at deck plans?

Any deluxe is good.

16 minutes ago, henry-root said:

Deluxe balcony cheers

HI HENRY

we have booked a deluxe on Discovery last year and we booked a stern balc, you have the best of both worlds, port starboard and aft, once again we have got the family balc on Explorer this year on deck ten, go for it mate and enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

HI HENRY

we have booked a deluxe on Discovery last year and we booked a stern balc, you have the best of both worlds, port starboard and aft, once again we have got the family balc on Explorer this year on deck ten, go for it mate and enjoy your cruise.

Cheers. Only worry is that is just below The Terrace bar and cafe. Hopefully it won't be too noisy but thanks anyway. Much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, henry-root said:

Cheers. Only worry is that is just below The Terrace bar and cafe. Hopefully it won't be too noisy but thanks anyway. Much appreciated.

IT,S when your pulling away from the dock, and leaving the island behind you , and your on your stern balc and having your second mojito and thinking iam ready to book for next year go for it     IT,S NOT THE SHIPS THAT PASS IN THE NIGHT IT,S THE NIGHTS PASSED ON THE SHIP     :classic_rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

IT,S when your pulling away from the dock, and leaving the island behind you , and your on your stern balc and having your second mojito and thinking iam ready to book for next year go for it     IT,S NOT THE SHIPS THAT PASS IN THE NIGHT IT,S THE NIGHTS PASSED ON THE SHIP     :classic_rolleyes:

Must agree nothing like it and don't forget the breakfasts 👍