Explorer - is there an 'overhang' above some balconies (as per Discovery)?

Just wondering if there are balconies with an overhang, like on Discovery2? I appreciate Explorer hasn't yet set sail, but wonder if anyone has experience of her as Mein Schiff 1 and could advise?

Do you know if cabin numbers are likely to stay the same as when she was operating as Mein Schiff 1?

Thanks for any help.

All balconies have the balcony above them, so a slight overhang but nothing like on explorer.

Have a look at the new brochure and see the pictures for yourself, also the deck plans will show the different layouts and cabin numbers for you.

All balconies have the balcony above them, so a slight overhang but nothing like on explorer.

Have a look at the new brochure and see the pictures for yourself, also the deck plans will show the different layouts and cabin numbers for you.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting hold of the new brochure here. The last time I asked in our local Thompson shop, I was told they 'hope' to have some in on 24th . I've been trying regularly since the brochure came out but no luck so far .

There are the online versions that could help.

This is TUI's version https://www.tui.co.uk/cruise/ships/marella-explorer/deck-plans/

Then there is this one that is a bit easier to navigate http://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Marella-Explorer-1814

and here is picture to get the idea of how the balconies look

1814-d838fb61c02.jpg

Thank you. This picture is very useful. It looks like all balconies will get some sun (providing it shines in the Baltic zone!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship also used to be the Celebrity Galaxy before she was Mein Schiff 1!

Well done, that is correct. I could post some more facts about the ship but it doesn't help answer the question of the overhang with balconies. Nor would a picture of the Galaxy that long a go either.

But thanks for the input and effort.

Hi kikki

yes ex Galaxy the one that set lovely Jane Mc,donald on her way, i do hope she returns to her old ship and does a cruise program :hearteyes:

I had the pleasure of sailing on the Galaxy for a fabulous Eastern Med Cruise & yes it would be great if Jane returned to sail on her but I think she is already in the middle of recording the next series of her Cruise programme so maybe the next series if it is commissioned again! [emoji4]

I had the pleasure of sailing on the Galaxy for a fabulous Eastern Med Cruise & yes it would be great if Jane returned to sail on her but I think she is already in the middle of recording the next series of her Cruise programme so maybe the next series if it is commissioned again! [emoji4]

Meraviglia docking So,ton tomorrow .as a port of call.