How do you pick your cabin ?

Reading threads like this reminds me why I don’t travel on big cruise ships. It would be so easy to succumb to option paralysis.

Then you have to worry about drinks packages and deciding where to eat.

It all sounds so exhausting.

Reading threads like this reminds me why I don’t travel on big cruise ships. It would be so easy to succumb to option paralysis.

Then you have to worry about drinks packages and deciding where to eat.

It all sounds so exhausting.

I love all the options.The only time I get exhausted is after I have decided where to eat & after a big meal.:D

My preference is AFT cabins and loves extended balcony cabins. I prefer the higher decks. If the price is right I’ll go a guaranteed cabin but the wait for cabin assignment kills me! Inside is ok but prefer ocean view or above.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After 4 cruises I no longer worry about seasickness so I don't pay extra for a midship location. I have done an inside and slept really well but now will only book an inside if it is a virtual balcony cabin. I am heavy sleeper so no longer care if I am under the buffet or pool deck. My preference is a balcony cabin so will do a shorter cruise and consider most cruise lines to get a balcony or balcony guarantee for the price I want.

I see everybody has bought up good points, for choosing a cabin...... but nobody has said a random pin in the deck plan, or using bingo balls to pick a cabin number..

So does this mean a lot of people pick a class of cabin, and let the cruise line give you one ??

Cheers Don

Perhaps but the only time the cruise line picks my cabin is when I get a guarantee.

Perhaps but the only time the cruise line picks my cabin is when I get a guarantee.

Exactly. I prefer to select the cabin I want. I have used a guarantee twice, both last minute bookings, and both times we got what we expected and the cabin locations were OK.

I’m still waiting for my guarantee cabin to be assigned for our September cruise. I’m not good with waiting! I thought they would assign the cabin once they had cancellations but nope. This was the only way I got get the ocean view or above cabin category

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Avoid TA's and book direct, most cruise lines will allow you to pick your cabin. No problems with Princess, you can see available cabins on their website. For us, mid ships, not too high, but not always possible.:halo:

When I cruise, I only get exhausted in the afternoons when I am supposed to be having a nana nap.;)

Keep Rosie out Mic, lol. :hearteyes::halo::')Have thy nana nap in peace.:o

Once it was a guarantee balcony.

Then mid ship, mid deck.

Now with increasing health issues for the two of us (getting old I guess) it needs to have room for a wheelchair, mid ship, mid deck, close to the lifts, it’s not always easy to get all of those in one cabin so we need to be a bit flexible.