Category m6 on NCL getaway (mini suite with large balcony) is it worth the extra $$

SCOFFSERVER

hi. I'll be cruising on dec 2 this year on Norwegian Getaway. We initially booked a reg balcony, room to be assigned. Now we are debating getting upgraded to mini suite with large balcony. My question is, is it worth an extra $500 cad? It will be myself, my husband and 2 teenagers staying in one cabin. They will be 13 and 16 at time of sailing.

Thanks for any advice!!

Very difficult for others to evaluate whether or not it is "worth it" to you. It all depends on your budget and your preferences with your stateroom experience on board. I will say that on any ship, if you are traveling with four in a stateroom - all of which are essentially adults - the extra space would likely be worth the cost v a standard balcony IMO. That's a lot of people in a single stateroom to begin with, which would make any extra room a benefit.

If it were me, I would also consider two staterooms - perhaps and inside and a nearby balcony - to allow additional space and most importantly, a second bathroom. (More important to me than a larger balcony). That may be a reasonably priced option which, IMO, may be well worth it!

Thanks so much for your reply!

Unfortunately we cannot afford 2 rooms.. but we did decide to upgrade to the mini with large balcony. For the amount of time we will spend in our room, the double sinks in the bathroom, larger shower, a few extra sqft in the room and room on the balcony for 4 of us, will serve us quite well! (We hope lol).