Royal Palms Update?

ihopfar

Has anyone been to Royal Palms recently?

I see on their website that they appear to have raised the cost for the beach and pool cabanas. Have they also raised the cost for chairs and umbrellas on the beach if you don't rent a cabana?

Also, I believe I saws someone mention there are no more lounge chairs by the pool if you don't have a cabana. Is that a permanent change?

Thanks!

Brad

Has anyone been to Royal Palms recently?

I see on their website that they appear to have raised the cost for the beach and pool cabanas. Have they also raised the cost for chairs and umbrellas on the beach if you don't rent a cabana?

Also, I believe I saws someone mention there are no more lounge chairs by the pool if you don't have a cabana. Is that a permanent change?

Thanks!

Brad

I don't know if they raised the price since a couple of weeks ago was my first time. Chairs were $10 and Umbrellas were $15 on the beach. Admission was $2. I think that the chair and umbrella price is quite reasonable. Two can sit under an umbrella. We had a great day there and didn't need a cabana. For a beach day in Cayman Royal Palms will now be my go to place. The pool had a different charge which I did not enquire about as I didn't intend to use it. I never saw anyone at the pool when I went by it.

Edited by Charles4515

Just contacted them about prices - their response: $2/entry fee plus $12 per lounger and $15 per umbrella - 1st come 1st served.

I was curious since there will be 6 ships in port when we are there and I definitely need shade/umbrella. Given that we are 4 people seems to be most economical/logical to get the poolside cabana at $75 to ensure shade/seating for everyone! Also means I can reserve in advance and be assured of shade and loungers :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just contacted them about prices - their response: $2/entry fee plus $12 per lounger and $15 per umbrella - 1st come 1st served.

I was curious since there will be 6 ships in port when we are there and I definitely need shade/umbrella. Given that we are 4 people seems to be most economical/logical to get the poolside cabana at $75 to ensure shade/seating for everyone! Also means I can reserve in advance and be assured of shade and loungers :)

Does the $2 entry enable guests to access their sand at the beach, or does it also include use the pool? Is there a separate feel to use a chair (or lounger) at the pool, if you already paid for one at the beach? We'd likely spend most of our time at the beach, but thought we may want to mix it up at the pool.

Also, does anyone know if the resort pools are typically salt water or fresh water?

Edited by SDLong329

Does the $2 entry enable guests to access their sand at the beach, or does it also include use the pool? Is there a separate feel to use a chair (or lounger) at the pool, if you already paid for one at the beach? We'd likely spend most of our time at the beach, but thought we may want to mix it up at the pool.

Also, does anyone know if the resort pools are typically salt water or fresh water?

I would assume the $2 entry fee allows you anywhere you like? and I believe you would have your 'lounger' placed where u like it as well...? Not sure about the salt vs freshwater but I do know the pool is adult only.

I suggest you contact them via their website with any specific questions - I am sure they would gladly provide you with the details! :)

Edited by Froufie

The entry fee of $2 gets you inside the gate. Chairs and umbrellas, or a cabana on the beach are extra. I think the pool chairs are an extra charge. It may be you had to get a pool cabana for the pool. The pool is adults only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would assume the $2 entry fee allows you anywhere you like? and I believe you would have your 'lounger' placed where u like it as well...? Not sure about the salt vs freshwater but I do know the pool is adult only.

I suggest you contact them via their website with any specific questions - I am sure they would gladly provide you with the details! :)

The beach chairs and umbrellas are already set up and placed on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the detailed response.

Beach and pool at Royal Palms. No one was using the pool that day.

608caf1d9cd308f311f9592414fae4dc.jpg

fdb82bbadd59ba9990dc74494f02ea5d.jpg

dcc6fd82bea280e5969ec6bfebdbb4b8.jpg

9cc1c890e3874da6b2070de6eda81e90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for posting the menu :) We are going in April and I reserved a Beach Cabana, was curious of the food items. They are very responsive when you email them, there are not many pics of the beach cabanas and I emailed them about where they are located, we have young kids and want to be close to the water they said no problem just request it in your booking.

• 11 months later...
Thanks so much for posting the menu :) We are going in April and I reserved a Beach Cabana, was curious of the food items. They are very responsive when you email them, there are not many pics of the beach cabanas and I emailed them about where they are located, we have young kids and want to be close to the water they said no problem just request it in your booking.

Did you end up using the beach cabana? I also have had problems finding pictures of them online, so I am looking for some feedback before booking. Thanks!

Google Royal Palms Grand Cayman beach cabanas. Click on images and you should see lots of pictures. We love the beach cabanas. Royal Palms is a very good choice but be advised that the prices on the menu are in Cayman currency. US dollars are 30% or so more.

Is it just the food menu or the cabana as well?

I know the cabana said $125, so is that USD?

Thanks for the pictures!! I feel like the prices are kind of high here... Anyone else? Is the food and drink out of this world? :confused:

It's Grand Cayman. Prices are high everywhere.

Then again, it's safe, friendly and you can wander around town without getting harassed and you can drink the tap water without worrying about your health.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the pictures!! I feel like the prices are kind of high here... Anyone else? Is the food and drink out of this world? :confused:

Blame in on the Federal Reserve bankers for diluting the US dollar every time they print billions to bail out the banks.

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=KYD&To=USD

To be very honest I found royal palms to be busy, crowded and overpriced - with blaring loud techno pop music (until we asked the DJ nicely to change it up a bit? ) LOL. If you like being in very busy place with lots of people then this might be the place for you?

I much prefer a more subdued 'vibe' and relaxing atmosphere so won't be visiting there again.....

To be very honest I found royal palms to be busy, crowded and overpriced - with blaring loud techno pop music (until we asked the DJ nicely to change it up a bit? ) LOL. If you like being in very busy place with lots of people then this might be the place for you?

I much prefer a more subdued 'vibe' and relaxing atmosphere so won't be visiting there again.....

Depends on when you go. We didn't go during lunch/dinner rush hours, wasn't crowded at all.

It's an island (so almost everything has to be shipped or flown in) and it's Cayman Island not some Third World island (billionaires' playground), everything is going to cost more than in the mainland US. Prices were in line with the other restaurants on the island.

For subdued, I prefer the beach area in front of Seafire Kimpton. It's much more upscale and refined crowd.