Reviews of Golf Carts since 2017 Hurricanes

auggies

Four years we visited Grand Turk and rented three golf carts from Nathans. I've been reading reviews on the other vendors and things don't look very good for most of them. I haven't found any recent reviews for Nathan's. Has anyone rented from them in 2018? I will be traveling with my mother who is semi-disabled (walks with a walker) and was looking for something fun for her to do - we are not beach people. We are really hoping to rent the golf carts but I'm nervous about how unreliable they are.

I am also very interested in reliable golf cart companies if anyone has recently used one. I've emailed a few and either received no response or it has taken several days to reply to me. The reply I did receive said they had a golf cart, but they take no deposit. How do I know they will hold one? I asked for a confirmation and never did hear back again. The reviews on tripadivsor of most companies are either not good or inconsistent. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks!

We rented an ATV from Grand Turk Adventures (often referred to just as Omar on this board). He also rents golf carts. We were pleased with our interactions with them.

Did you make a deposit? I have been in contact with him but I did not receive a confirmation # or make a deposit. Just a yes, you can have one! Makes me nervous.

I've tried using their web form and not sure its working...

Anyone have a direct email for them? (Right now, hopping around on a golf cart and taking photos seems like a plan, if I book I may have more questions).

morrisomar23@gmail.com

I've made a deposit with Omar ($10). But I won't be arriving until late May so I cannot speak to the availability or condition of the golf carts.

When do you sail? The golf cart renting has been very frustrating for me. We sail May 26. I finally got a confirmation # from Omar, but he told me he could not take deposits. I mentioned cruise critic and his words were "you cannot believe every thing you read on the internet" Did you make your deposit recently?

When do you sail? The golf cart renting has been very frustrating for me. We sail May 26. I finally got a confirmation # from Omar, but he told me he could not take deposits. I mentioned cruise critic and his words were "you cannot believe every thing you read on the internet" Did you make your deposit recently?

Omar

Grand-Turk-Adventures 🌴

Golf cart, Scooter, Car Rentals/Sales & Atv Guided Tours.

1-649-346-2450

Www.grandturkadventures.com

I made a reservation through the website listed above on 11 February 2018. I received an email from Omar confirming the reservation and requesting a $10 deposit via PayPal (with appropriate instructions for doing so). I made a $10 deposit via PayPal and got a confirmation of receipt and noting that the remainder of the fee would be do day-of and in cash.

Omar

Grand-Turk-Adventures

Golf cart, Scooter, Car Rentals/Sales & Atv Guided Tours.

1-649-346-2450

Www.grandturkadventures.com

I made a reservation through the website listed above on 11 February 2018. I received an email from Omar confirming the reservation and requesting a $10 deposit via PayPal (with appropriate instructions for doing so). I made a $10 deposit via PayPal and got a confirmation of receipt and noting that the remainder of the fee would be do day-of and in cash.

I did mine the same way on Feb 15th

Edited by mgasaway
misspelling

• 4 weeks later...

I completed the online reservation on 4/8 with Grand Turk Adventures and received the automated email response. It said someone would be in contact with me to confirm by reservation. However, I haven't received anything else. Anyone else have the same issue??

I completed the online reservation on 4/8 with Grand Turk Adventures and received the automated email response. It said someone would be in contact with me to confirm by reservation. However, I haven't received anything else. Anyone else have the same issue??

I had a terrible time getting any response from any of the golf cart companies. I finally did get an answer from Grand Turk but "no deposit needed and no confirmation number." Omar promises me we will have a cart and also said that not everything you read online is correct. He mentioned this because I stated other people had said they made a $10 deposit. We leave this weekend so I will let you know. I will be disappointed if we do not have a cart.

I just read more reviews on tripadvisor and it sounds like to me it is more of a first come, first serve basis and does not matter if you have reservations or not. :(

We booked with Omar. His rep had a cart reserved for us (not a specific one, but knew we needed one). It was a little beat up but serviceable. His rep did ask if we had left a deposit (we had not) so it must come up. Handed him some cash, signed a form and we were OTW.

More detailed review to follow when pics done.

• 3 weeks later...

Visited Grand Turk on 30 May 2018 and got my golf cart from Tawanda who works for Omar and Turks Adventures. I reserved through their website, paid the $10 deposit via PayPal, and paid the remaining $80 in cash when I picked up the golf cart. Easy peasy.

I had a terrible time getting any response from any of the golf cart companies. I finally did get an answer from Grand Turk but "no deposit needed and no confirmation number." Omar promises me we will have a cart and also said that not everything you read online is correct. He mentioned this because I stated other people had said they made a $10 deposit. We leave this weekend so I will let you know. I will be disappointed if we do not have a cart.

Any update? How did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again, see review :)

Shorter answer there isn't THAT much. You can check out the lighthouse area, drive the north coast, go to a couple bars and restaurants, a couple of beaches, maybe some 'shopping' downtown.

There's a thread not too far down listing potential cart stops as well.

Where do people go with the golf carts?

I emailed Omar and got a quick response. He told me he guaranteed a cart upon arrival. He also told me his “PayPal/credit card system was experiencing an overall upgrade.” I’m going to touch base with him again in a couple weeks. Seems real iffy whether there will be a cart waiting for us. I will report back.

I wouldn't worry. He had one for us, no deposit needed, cash on arrival.

I suspect he's trying to stay cash only as much as possible.

I emailed Omar and got a quick response. He told me he guaranteed a cart upon arrival. He also told me his “PayPal/credit card system was experiencing an overall upgrade.” I’m going to touch base with him again in a couple weeks. Seems real iffy whether there will be a cart waiting for us. I will report back.