Marella Explora TUI Cosmopolitan Classic

I can’t help you with Explorer as I am sailing on her 26.5.18 first time on Tui but if you think I can help you with general questions be glad to. I have cruised often with other lines. Hope you get help from others, I would be interested to see the suggestions too. Have a fabulous cruise I’m sure you will!

Hello all,

My self & my partner are on the the Marella Explora, June 30th 2018 , I’m a newby first ever cruise , any help & advice would be appreciated ,

Thanks in advance

John & Ali

Hi welcome and how exciting first cruise, think you've done the hardest thing booking your first cruise as far as advice is concerned everyone has different ideas but IMO the only thing I would recommend as first timers is that you use the ships excursions not everyone agrees with this but until you have a few cruises under your belt its best to be safe as the ship will go without you if you are late back for whatever reason but not if you are on a ships excursion, best also to book on line, cheaper, and you can cancel 24 hours before the trip for a full refund.

Couple of other basic things which you probably already know, mix your packing up in the cases so if one goes missing you both have something to wear as it takes longer at sea to pick up lost cases, extension lead for your cabin is always useful and we always pack a change of summer clothes in the hand luggage to use as soon as we arrive as sometimes your cases can take a couple of hours to arrive.

If you have any specific questions just ask and have a great cruise.:)

I'm doing the same trips but on Discovery 2 in Summer 2019, so no help there, but you might help me.

I'm a seasoned cruiser (see my signature for past ships) and will share my knowledge. There is a lot to ask and want to know, but we were all new once, so just ask away.

I always book ships own excursions (there are boards galore arguing the difference between ships and DIY, each to our own) and have always enjoyed the varied choices available.

The rates TUI/Marella charge is very reasonable. I've seen so many different prices for the same trip by different cruise lines. Example: City Highlights 4 Hours - Marella £35, Royal Caribbean £50 and Celebrity £70. Same coach, same guide, same sights. (these are average prices)