Easter Island in February: Iguazu in March

LibLively

Has anyone done the SilverSea pre-cruise excursion to Easter Island from Valparaiso? (Justan, I know you were supposed to go in December.) I would be interested to hear from anyone who went. How were the hotel, the tours, the flights, etc.?

Has anyone been to Iguazu Falls this year yet? Any comments? Any information would be appreciated.

Easter Island was a spectacular visit....Many unanswered questions, but the opportunity to visit a most special place.The hotel,,, very basic, but was air conditioned.which we felt was very important. Our guide, (Josie) and American married to a Rapa Nui, was unbelievably knowledgeable. I heartily recommend this tour. Surprisingly, there were only 4 of us that took it before our cruise. I took sick on the cruise, and am just starting to feel normal.so if this note is a bit off..that is the reason Hope that you take this tous...it is a visit of a lifetime.

Justan, thanks for your comments. My husband has always wanted to see Easter Island, so I'm glad you felt it was really worthwhile We're definitely signed up for the trip, but I haven't any idea how many others are joining us. I was worried about the hotel as I know things can be quite basic once you go off the beaten path, so I was glad to hear the air-conditioning worked well as I'm sure we'll need it too. I tend not to endure heat too well. Hope you're feeling better...this will be a long trip for us, so I hope we stay healthy. Any advice?

Liblively....Carry hand cleaner with you, and if possible, don't touch the handholds.We believe that someone came aboard feeling sick...and was coughing into their hands then touched things which you then touched, I carry kleenex with me (I wish everyone did) and cough & sneeze into it...so as not to spread germs.

After the tour, please let me know how you enjoyed it.. Also If you are interested, my husband writes a journal on every cruise....and if you want can send it to your e-mail address..(it will of course contain, all parts of the cruise...but you can ignore that) Enjoy...Judy

Carry hand cleaner with you, and if possible, don't touch the handholds.We believe that someone came aboard feeling sick...and was coughing into their hands then touched things which you then touched, I carry kleenex with me (I wish everyone did) and cough & sneeze into it...so as not to spread germs.

Thank you, you are very considerate ... but hopefully that applies to every one in a similar situation! To all who have colds/flus, kindly face away from food and other passengers when you cough or sneeze!

Judy

We'd love to see the notes on Easter Island and the journal if it's not too much trouble. Email me at Libcott@aol.com. Hope you're feeling better. I'm at the end of a cold that has lasted about a month now, so certainly don't want to pick up another one!! We tend to carry the Purell Hand Sanitizer with us on trips and try to use it often. Some cruise lines require that you use hand sanitizer solution each time you board, which I think is a great idea! Wish all cruise lines did it. Look forward to getting the journal.

Archived