January 5-12

meow!

Now that it has been a week since the last Shadow Mexican Riviera voyage returned (right before it started its 100 day odyssey), it will be interesting to hear from those on this voyage to compare notes. Any response? Thank you.

I also am waiting for some more current info on the Shadow. We are booked on her next month for a long South America cruise, and I'm hoping things have improved a bit since the last reviews...which didn't bode well. We have always enjoyed our SS cruises and especially on the Shadow, so I sincerely hope any short-comings will be quickly corrected. We're booked on her again in the fall. We had a delightful cruise on her in Alaska this past summer..except we didn't feel the food was quite as good as we remembered. The service and staff were excellent, however. SOOOO...let's hear it from those who've recently returned!!!!

Well, I can't speak for the Shadow, but we just got off the Whisper (January 9th through 14th), and it was wonderful. If I recall, there had previously been some pretty negative reviews of the Whisper, and we had some trepidation, but it was great. None of the complaints about the previous cruises proved to be true on ours. It was our first time on Silversea, but those we sailed with who were repeat customers also were quite pleased.

My husband and I were on this cruise. It was our first with Silver Sea and we have already booked our second. We are doing the transatlantic crossing in August on the Whisper. This totally spoils you for any other cruise line. I cannot imagine how anyone could have found anything to complain about.

It is nice to hear that everything went well with your January 5-12 Mexican Riviera cruise (identical itinerary to our December 14-21 voyage). Presumably they have worked out the embarkation situation at San Diego, and things are back to smooth and normal. Thank you for letting all of us know.

My husband and I paid for the early embarkation. What a breeze. We showed up and there was a HUGE line of people waiting to enter the port. There was a 30 day Holland American leaving at the same time as the Shadow.

A woman from Silver Seas came up to us before we could even say "so, where is the line" and whisked us right in. Handed us champagne and off we went to our room. We were on Deck 6, in a mid-ship veranda 639. We were told to come back a half hour before the other folks were coming on board and they did our security photo. Not a problem at all.

We spent the day learning the ship, hanging up clothes and generally relaxing. We will definitely do the early embarkation again.

Oh, not to cause a fight, but our bathroom amenities were restocked before we ran out. Didn't even have to ask... :-)

Seriously, we had only done one other cruise with Holland. We are totally spoiled.

I am still talking about the "spritzer boy". Reading a book by the pool when I looked up to see a man with a spritzer bottle of mineral water with lemon waiting to cool me off. Darn, you can't beat that.

That was nice, thank you. Now, can we also hear from someone who embarked at the regular scheduled time, just to see if the emabarkation delays at San Diego on 14 December had been solved by 5 January (just for curiosity)?

• 2 weeks later...

We took this cruise for some sun and relaxation. It was that and then some. Even beFORE we got off in Acapulco, we were trying to figure a way to stay longer! The food was exceptional, the service, the people, amazing. We'd still be on the Shadow if we had our way. It was outstanding in every way.

Archived