Honeymoon aboard Silver Shadow (July 8th)

Arodisi

I'm looking for some advice/feedback regarding my honeymoon for this coming summer. We had originally wanted to book the RSSC Diamond Med voyage on July 9th, but now since it is sold out we are considering the Silver Shadow. The itinerary looks great and I have heard only wonderful things about this cruise line...

Any suggestions/recommendations for 25 year old honeymooners? Although we are a young couple, we arent looking for a crazy "party" experience, that is why this type of ship is so appealing to us. We will be traveling around Greece for 2 wks after our cruise, so we want the cruise we choose to be a relaxing experience!

I'm just looking for some reassurance from someone who has cruised/is familiar with the line before I go ahead and book it!

:rolleyes:

It will be perfect as long as you're happy with a somewhat older average age.

Quiet, refined, luxurious, courteous, limited tannoy ..... I'd say perfect.

Read through some of the threads a post any specifics - everyone will help.

There tends to be a younger crowd at that time of year, and on that particular itinerary, than might be found on other SS cruises.

I agree with the previous posters--you will have a wonderful time regardless of the age group.

Denyse

I'm looking for some advice/feedback regarding my honeymoon for this coming summer. We had originally wanted to book the RSSC Diamond Med voyage on July 9th, but now since it is sold out we are considering the Silver Shadow. The itinerary looks great and I have heard only wonderful things about this cruise line...

Any suggestions/recommendations for 25 year old honeymooners? Although we are a young couple, we arent looking for a crazy "party" experience, that is why this type of ship is so appealing to us. We will be traveling around Greece for 2 wks after our cruise, so we want the cruise we choose to be a relaxing experience!

I'm just looking for some reassurance from someone who has cruised/is familiar with the line before I go ahead and book it!

:rolleyes:

Actually the Diamond wasn't sold out, the ship was sold to another company and won't be sailing for Radisson.

You are making the right choice. We have sailed on 13 cruises and last April we sailed on the Silver Whisper (same ship as the Shadow) and it was the best of all of our cruises. In fact we booked the Whisper again for this May doing Rome to Monte Carlo. You will find plenty to do without the party atmosphere of some of the mega ships.

Good Luck,

Don

If what you are looking for is elegant surroundings, a really comfortable room (read bed), and superb food, this will be a WONDERFUL honeymoon.

My husband and I are in our mid 40's and were on the young end of the cruise. However, there were some couples in their twenties and some in their 80's. All had a wonderful time. Some of the 70+ couples were still going strong when we were heading for bed!

I would recommend it! It is an older crowd but you will enjoy the ship. I have been to that part of the world. Contact me if you would like more information at denenbergj@aol.com I could offer some good advise.

Are you a TA?

Whilst your opinions are welcomed by everyone , you seem to post your e-mail address often, and on other threads talk about group travel you've organised.

Is this a recruiting ground for you?

Jeff

Jeff,

As I was scrolling down, I was about to post the same question but you have already done so. A series of emails offering travel advice on the Seabourn board recently had me wondering if this was a TA trolling for business.

If I am wrong, my sincerest apologies to G2Cruise, but it would be useful to know. In addition, have you actually sailed SS or Seabourn? Just curious, and not intending to offend.

Regards,

Denyse

Archived