maybe a silly question..

so i feel a little silly asking this...but here goes any way.

am going on pacific sun in april on the week tropique cruise.

I intend to bring my little laptop with a webcam etc to be able to skype my husband and son (oh yeah mummy holiday :P ) by buying one of those travelling wireless connection usb things (does that make sense???). would i be able to use it? will i get connection????

Also, would my mobile work????

my husband says it should - but i really dont think it will????

I intend to bring my little laptop with a webcam etc to be able to skype my husband and son (oh yeah mummy holiday :P ) by buying one of those travelling wireless connection usb things (does that make sense???). would i be able to use it? will i get connection????

hi AT, its not a silly qusetion but if you are going on the cruise up to Cairns you should get the internet if you're close to shore but if you're out to sea you may not so you'll have to go on a plan and use the ships satellite....same as the mobile if you have international roaming you can use it but its pretty expensive so i'd wait until you are close to shore

dont forget to take out international travellers insurance

Hi depends were you are traveling to if its the pacific you will need roaming on your mobile, but if its just up to queensland yes one of those little stick things will work but are expensive to use, If you do the queensland coast I used to just pop into a library and they had free internet for 30mins.

Or McDonalds, they have free wifi.

You will be having too much fun to worry about internet anyway!!:)

If your mobile phone is with the same carrier as your husbands that may be cheapest way to keep in touch?

Have a great cruise.:)

Wireless Broadband; On the trip north you'll probably be able to use it out on the open deck as you stick pretty close to the coast. Heading south you go out to sea beyond the Great Barrier Reef, which is too far to pick up the reception from the coast.

Mobile - if you have global roaming enabled, you'll be able use your mobile - but be aware you'll be paying overseas rates.

thank you for your responses :) international roaming switched on just in case. I will take my lap top and i already have a wireless usb stick thing so will take that and take my chances :)

I just want to be able to talk to my little boy while im away. first time i'm leaving him :( :(

Archived