Pac Sun July what do you think?

fishtaco

Hi I am back:D

Just got an email from a cruise company with a cheap cruise 17 July eight nights(just happens to be during my 50th birthday:() Tired old Pac Sun:eek:,expensive flights from Perth to Sydney, rubbish itinerary but we missed our last cruise due to work commitments.

Spend or save?

A party will cost me an arm and a leg

What do you think?

Den

:D

Hi I am back:D

Just got an email from a cruise company with a cheap cruise 17 July eight nights(just happens to be during my 50th birthday:() Tired old Pac Sun:eek:,expensive flights from Perth to Sydney, rubbish itinerary but we missed our last cruise due to work commitments.

Spend or save?

A party will cost me an arm and a leg

What do you think?

Den

go on the cruise:D

A cruise is so much better than a party- ( which even if people bring their own a party still costs heaps and you get a hangover plus an empty wallet)

I went on a same old cruise for my 50th - itinerary we had already done - but just went with hubby in our cabin and my sister and mum in their own cabin.

Way better choice and I didn't have to worry about what my kids got up to as they weren't there-

had No big family fights that you often get at parties.

virgin were offering some very good fares Bris/Syd to Perth. They are introducing their new aircraft (airbus A330's) so dont know for how long the offer extends. Worth checking them out as the fare was something like $168 each way - sorry but I have cleared the email and cant be sure.

Hey Den

Long time no hear from you.

You know you love the Sun so go on the cruise. :D 50 You old F*rt. You have over 2 years on me old boy. :p

By the way the cheap airfares for Virgin mentioned above are for travel up until June so sorry you miss out there buddy.

Hey Den

Long time no hear from you.

You know you love the Sun so go on the cruise. :D 50 You old F*rt. You have over 2 years on me old boy. :p

By the way the cheap airfares for Virgin mentioned above are for travel up until June so sorry you miss out there buddy.

Gee you have been busy with the cruises since your first! Win lotto?lol

have they fixed the spa on the Pac Sun yet?

Been back to Lombok and the Gilli islands a few times,I was quite taken with the place after our Bali cruise but now i have tracey all excited about another cruise i dont think i can pull out:eek: she has been calling me constantly for the past few days planning what to wear lol.

We will soon get tears because of luggage restrictions flying to sydney,she will have to cut down to 20 pairs of shoes and 30 pairs of bathers:D

Den

Been back to Lombok and the Gilli islands a few times,I was quite taken with the place after our Bali cruise but now i have tracey all excited about another cruise i dont think i can pull out:eek: she has been calling me constantly for the past few days planning what to wear lol.

We will soon get tears because of luggage restrictions flying to sydney,she will have to cut down to 20 pairs of shoes and 30 pairs of bathers:D

Den

We have just found the fantastic deal with Qantas where you can take an extra 23kg suitcase for $15 extra if booked in line. This is cheaper than excess baggage. This is in addition to 23kg for checked baggage and 2 x 7kg hand luggage per person. Virgin has a similar deal for an extra suitcase.

Den

I wish! No just learnt to shop better and go without some things. It seems the whole family are addicted so we used to go away for week-ends all of the time but now just save the dollars to cruise.

I loved Lombok and would go back there at the drop of a hat.

You know you love to cruise as much as Tracey so just book a cruise for your Birthday and go.

I was on the Sun in March and they had 2 spas working and both very warm.

Let's face it on the Sun you can get away with a pair a thongs and a pair of shoes for the restaurant. I know Tracey won't see it that way.

Good luck in your planning.

All booked:D

after doing the Island trips to Indo by air the past 12 months or so (4 times) we forgot how exciting a cruise was "even on the Pac Sun":rolleyes:

Ready to book the the flights our self $400 each return Perth to Sydney with virgin.

The cheapest any agent including P&O could do was $800 return each:eek:

So for me $1200 each for an 8 night cruise is not bad from Perth.

Just have to smuggle more booze than last cruise to pay for the difference between a Perthite priced cruise and Sydneysider chepo cruise.

Were also booking the flight to Sydney the day before departure and taking no chances,

Plus side is its only 13 weeks away:cool:

Wonder if P&O will upgrade me to a suite?Well it is my '50th',I got a mini upgrade on the Dawn and it wasnt my 50th:D (dream on Den)

All booked:D

after doing the Island trips to Indo by air the past 12 months or so (4 times) we forgot how exciting a cruise was "even on the Pac Sun":rolleyes:

Ready to book the the flights our self $400 each return Perth to Sydney with virgin.

The cheapest any agent including P&O could do was $800 return each:eek:

So for me $1200 each for an 8 night cruise is not bad from Perth.

Just have to smuggle more booze than last cruise to pay for the difference between a Perthite priced cruise and Sydneysider chepo cruise.

Were also booking the flight to Sydney the day before departure and taking no chances,

Plus side is its only 13 weeks away:cool:

Wonder if P&O will upgrade me to a suite?Well it is my '50th',I got a mini upgrade on the Dawn and it wasnt my 50th:D (dream on Den)

Good to see Den I am sure you will love your Birthday on the Sun. :D

Hey well done,

We are on the same cruise from Adelaide.

4 cabins all main deck

family related with most of them first timers.

might have to catch up for a birthday drink.:D:D.

Wife and I love cruising but first time on the Sun.

All the best

Gary

Archived