bringing soda/water on board

getagrip

OK...what is the official RCCL policy regarding bringing soda/water on board at the originating port? I know all about the new wine policy, but it seems as though you are not supposed to bring any water or soda on board, but I am trying to confirm before our cruise on 12/23/12. We sailed on NCL in October and they allowed you to bring as much soda/water as you could carry. Thanks!

OK...what is the official RCCL policy regarding bringing soda/water on board at the originating port? I know all about the new wine policy, but it seems as though you are not supposed to bring any water or soda on board, but I am trying to confirm before our cruise on 12/23/12. We sailed on NCL in October and they allowed you to bring as much soda/water as you could carry. Thanks!

I guess the 'official RCI policy ' is what is posted in the Q&A :

" A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 "

But as other people have posted ....... it might not be 'so official' on different ships or different sailings.

I was wondering the same thing since I have always brought Diet Coke with me on past cruises. Since I'll be bringing my kids this time, I was hoping to bring some cans of soda for them since we don't want to spend the money for 4 of them to have the soda package. I see that it says not to bring alcoholic OR non-alcoholic beverages. Wondering if this is a new policy or if I just missed it before.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had any trouble checking sodas or bottled water since this question was first posted? I'm addicted to Diet Dr Pepper which RCCL did not have onboard (even in the Freestyle machines) as of August 2012.

6 cruises, 3 different lines, no one cares, it has never been an issue. I just bring them with me in a rolling bag. The extra weight of carrying sodas or water is a hassle in my mind, but I like a Mt. Dew each day and the ships carry Coke products, so I still lug a supply with me. I don't bother with water though. I'd rather buy it, than lug it with me.

It took me 15 or so cruises, but I finally brought soda and water aboard my most recent sailing. I am a rule follower but after seeing people doing it without any issues for so long, I finally slapped a luggage tag on a 12 pack of Coke Zero and some water. And voila, it was waiting outside my room before 1. I still purchased soda at the WJ but it was nice having some for the room.

• 2 months later...

In FLL, PC, and Miami I have reinforced a 24 and 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper with clear packing tape and taped on a luggage tag. I don't feel too guilty as I always buy a soda package as well, but need my DDP in the am and evening. Sometimes it makes it before the luggage.

Great idea! I like Pepsi products, so would like to have my own. My daughter will buy the soda package. I just don't want to take it and have them tell me I can't bring it on. It seems like alot of people do. I have taken it in my suitcase on previous cruises, but since the next one is during Spring break, I don't want them to hold up my luggage because of soda.

You guys keep mentioning slapping luggage tags on... Where do I get these luggage tags? Is that done the day of departure at the port?

Your luggage tags are in your cruise documents. You will receive them about 49 days before you sail.

Just print out a few extras and use packing tape. I bring water each cruise, since 1997 without issue...many different lines. Used to put in a carry on now just tape up the case, add tag and by magic they are in my cabin...only once were they left in the hallway.

I have always taken water & pop with us. I put a 12 pack of each in a duffel bag, on one cruise I put a lock on the duffel bag and I ended having to go to the naughty room to unlock it so it could be inspected. Now I just leave it unlocked.

Archived