Beach Towels

We are a family of 3.

Should we take beach towels? How many? No, we don't have a balcony. And, do you carry them on or pack them?

Royal will provide beach towels. You usually check them out on the pool deck. You can exchange dirty towels for clean towels as many times as you like. Any towel not returned by the end of the cruise will result in a charge of $25 per towel.

...and there are plenty of cases where passengers have been charged even thought hey have returned them.

Which is why I take my own on Royal C

And of those cases most people dispute the charge and have it removed.

Save the room in your luggage for other more important items. Just check out towels on board the ship. Just be sure at the end of the cruise that they have been turned in and if you are charged for them after turning them in just dispute the charge with guest services.

I like to bring my own beach towels (just a couple, but then again only 2 of us travel). I don't like fooling with the towel exchange process. This year I will be bringing a beach roll mat so I can forgo using a towel for laying out in the loungers. :D

Use the beach towels provided by the ship and don't worry about it. :)

Not only do I not want to haul beach towels in our luggage, I don't want to have to deal with wet, sandy beach towels in our cabin.

LuLu

~~~~

Not only do I not want to haul beach towels in our luggage, I don't want to have to deal with wet, sandy beach towels in our cabin.

LuLu

~~~~

This ^^

Why take up my luggage space, then have to deal with drying wet icky towels all week long. Just make sure you return the towels you check out and if there is a charge dispute it (which truly is the exception).

We've always arrived a day early and stay at the typical Cruise Port hotel and there is usually an outlet type store within an easy walk. On our way to purchase our 2 bottles of wine we'll stop at the outlet & I'll hit the clearance section - usually pay $3/$4 for a towel. I like the fact that the towel is different than others around us - makes it easier for one of us to spot the other (husband is always getting up for drinks, hit the pool, etc). At the end of the cruise we leave the towel behind.

And of those cases most people dispute the charge and have it removed.

Surprising. I disputed a club soda that was not in my fridge and they never removed it. It was obviously missing when they restocked between cruises. Didn't notice until a few days later. But, I got a free towel out of it.

...I like the fact that the towel is different than others around us - makes it easier for one of us to spot the other (husband is always getting up for drinks, hit the pool, etc)...

I like this too!

Since you have no way to wash your own towels, it's much better to use theirs.

Don't make the check-in/check-out process to be more difficult than it is: Check out a towel on the first day, and don't turn it in 'til the very last day of the cruise. Instead, just exchange it for a clean one. You can exchange as many times as you want, and they don't keep records of this -- just one in, one out. This means you're only "in the computer" once at the beginning and once on the last day. It's easy to be sure-sure-sure that you're being credited properly if you only return ONCE during the whole cruise.

LuLu

~~~~

Second that. Never had a towel charge and don't need stanky beach towels in my cabin for a week.

We always check out 2 towels each when we get them the first time. Then, just exchange them when we need a new one. That way we always have a clean dry towel ready to go without waiting at the towel station. We exchange the dirty one when the towel station is not busy.

We are a family of 3.

Should we take beach towels? How many? No, we don't have a balcony. And, do you carry them on or pack them?

No need to bring your own, you can take the towels off the ship and swap them out for fresh ones when you return. As others have said - if you forget to bring them back you will have to end up paying for one. If you tend to be forgetful it might be worth bringing them along.

We have some old beach towels that are starting to fray.. I have thought about bring them along and then tossing at the end of the day (and their size would leave packing space for new things at the end of the cruise..) But I wouldn't buy new ones just to bring them, because you really don't need to.

Surprising. I disputed a club soda that was not in my fridge and they never removed it. It was obviously missing when they restocked between cruises. Didn't notice until a few days later. But, I got a free towel out of it.

Sorry to hear that. I never had to dispute a drink charge but I did dispute a towel charge and it was removed at Guest Services as they saw that the towel was returned and the towel attendant forgot to take the charge off.

I just have enough room in my suitcase to fit all my clothes and shoes to stay under the 50 lb limit when flying to the port. Why bring beach towels when they are supplied by RCI? :rolleyes: But I will pack more when I don't have to fly to the port. LOL :p

I think I'm with you on this. We have tons of beach towels and we never use them. I might just bring 1 or 2 for us to be able to find our chair easier. Decisions, decisions!!!

We've always arrived a day early and stay at the typical Cruise Port hotel and there is usually an outlet type store within an easy walk. On our way to purchase our 2 bottles of wine we'll stop at the outlet & I'll hit the clearance section - usually pay $3/$4 for a towel. I like the fact that the towel is different than others around us - makes it easier for one of us to spot the other (husband is always getting up for drinks, hit the pool, etc). At the end of the cruise we leave the towel behind.

The last time I cruised they had 2 pool towels in the stateroom, I used them at the pool and exchanged them for clean ones then put the clean ones back on the self in the stateroom. I don't know if they changed their way of doing things since the last time we cruised witch was back in "07". If you need extra towels just ask your cabin steward.

The last time I cruised they had 2 pool towels in the stateroom, I used them at the pool and exchanged them for clean ones then put the clean ones back on the self in the stateroom. I don't know if they changed their way of doing things since the last time we cruised witch was back in "07". If you need extra towels just ask your cabin steward.

Yes, things have changed on Royal since 07. No more beach towels in every stateroom.

Archived