Price Cuts

There are the Tuesday sales, typically last minutes to five weeks out and only a few select cruises.

Royal will do price drops, any day of the week, there is no special "day."

Is there a special day in which Royal Caribbean will do price cuts? Or is just on Tuesday's? Thank you!

Price cuts can come any day for any cruise without any advance notice. Tuesday sales are special price cuts restricted to new bookings.

Well, you know about the Tuesday list. Just certain categories on certain cruises, for new bookings only, and usually very short or somewhat short time frame.

Other than that, it is hit or miss. That is the reason that many of us check our cruises once, twice a day even.

:)

When I've been watching for last-minute cruise deals, I've noticed that weekends tend to be a good time to catch some good pricing, usually about three weeks out. I don't know that it applies to all cruises, but the 3- and 4-night cruises seem to work like this.

I was booked on Freedom last year and I had two price drops and a military discount and then I had to cancel the cruise! :(

On my cruise on Freedom this coming October I have received a residency discount and a senior discount! :) There are a lot of categories of cabins still available for this cruise and I have been checking everyday for price drops and there have been none. Final payment is due on July 31st and I just know right after that there will probably be some price drops so I will not look anymore after that so I don't be disappointed!

I seen real good deals about 50 days out on the weekend. Freedom of the sea was 1100.00 for an inside on the 4th of July week. One Sunday morning about 50 days out it went to 599.00. Two hours later it was back to 1100.00. The same day a Balcony dropped to 1099.00 from 1600.00, I switched my inside for a Balcony for 50.00 dollars per person. I had payed 1049.00 for an inside in March.

Final payment is due on July 31st and I just know right after that there will probably be some price drops so I will not look anymore after that so I don't be disappointed!

You might be able to upgrade cabins though:D

You might be able to upgrade cabins though:D

Yeah but a JS won't be enough to lure me away from my 9th deck center hump D-1 after seeing what JS locations are left. Everything above a junior suite except for one Royal Family suite is gone.

It appears that there are still quite a few Grand Suites available (13) on the Allure September 1st. I did get the military discount at $1599 pp for the junior suite now it is up to $1749 pp. Final payment has already been made. Wondering why the prices aren't dropping yet. :(

Price reductions occur when they determine that they have too many open cabins - at the very least they drop the price RIGHT AFTER you make a final payment on the final payment due date................they do this on purpose to keep the loyal customers who book early from getting the price reduction.......a very poor corporate policy if I do say so myself.............

Price reductions occur when they determine that they have too many open cabins - at the very least they drop the price RIGHT AFTER you make a final payment on the final payment due date................they do this on purpose to keep the loyal customers who book early from getting the price reduction.......a very poor corporate policy if I do say so myself.............

If you are serious why would it be a very poor corporate policy, when they are not trying to lose revenue by offering everybody a price drop after final payment but are trying to fill the rest the unsold cabins by reducing the price of the unsold categories???:confused:

From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense to me! That is why I never look at the prices after final payment date!

I was booked on Freedom last year and I had two price drops and a military discount and then I had to cancel the cruise! :(

On my cruise on Freedom this coming October I have received a residency discount and a senior discount! :) There are a lot of categories of cabins still available for this cruise and I have been checking everyday for price drops and there have been none. Final payment is due on July 31st and I just know right after that there will probably be some price drops so I will not look anymore after that so I don't be disappointed!

remember once you pay your final payment you can not get anymore discounts... It happened to us last year on Princess... we saw it from 900.00 went down to 458, we gripped about it and got it for that price our agent was fuming but oh well... we gotta do what we gotta do... I was happy cause that ship was not like what she used to be either. I am sticking with Rccl now only.

We had someone in their call center give us a tip a couple of weeks ago. Their computeres update every night at 11:00 p.m. est. If someone had reserved at a special low rate but then backs out or fails to put their deposit down, RC will then put that rate back up on their website when the next update occurs. So for example in our case they offered a very limited balcony guarentee on a 5 night Liberty sailing next March at a rate of only $449.00 and they had an outside guarentee for $299.99. By the time we got with some friends and relatives to see if they wanted to join us, the rate had already been taken down off their website. They told us to check back at 11:00 p.m. though and sure enough there it was again, and we were able to book it. By the next day it was gone again though. But I thought it was an interesting tip to watch their site after it updates to see what rates pop up.

This got me to wondering though, anyone have any idea what motivates them to put out rates like that for a cruise next March? I could see it if it was closer, and they were tying to fill the ship, but our cruise doesnt go out until March 10th of next year and they have put some pretty dirt cheap prices out there. Just seems odd to me.

Mike

remember once you pay your final payment you can not get anymore discounts... It happened to us last year on Princess... we saw it from 900.00 went down to 458, we gripped about it and got it for that price our agent was fuming but oh well... we gotta do what we gotta do... I was happy cause that ship was not like what she used to be either. I am sticking with Rccl now only.

It is after final payment DATE, not when you make your final payment that you can no longer get price adjustments.

I can get the reduction of a price drop all the way till the final payment date and it does not matter if I made my final payment before then. That is why I don't check after that date because I don't want to know if there is one since I won't be able to get it.

We had someone in their call center give us a tip a couple of weeks ago. Their computeres update every night at 11:00 p.m. est. If someone had reserved at a special low rate but then backs out or fails to put their deposit down, RC will then put that rate back up on their website when the next update occurs. So for example in our case they offered a very limited balcony guarentee on a 5 night Liberty sailing next March at a rate of only $449.00 and they had an outside guarentee for $299.99. By the time we got with some friends and relatives to see if they wanted to join us, the rate had already been taken down off their website. They told us to check back at 11:00 p.m. though and sure enough there it was again, and we were able to book it. By the next day it was gone again though. But I thought it was an interesting tip to watch their site after it updates to see what rates pop up.

This got me to wondering though, anyone have any idea what motivates them to put out rates like that for a cruise next March? I could see it if it was closer, and they were tying to fill the ship, but our cruise doesnt go out until March 10th of next year and they have put some pretty dirt cheap prices out there. Just seems odd to me.

Mike

I'm booked on this same cruise and have been watching the price daily as well and was able to get the great rates as you did. There is a website out there that shows you what % of the ship has sold. If you looked at this particular sailing date it had quite a large % of unsold cabins as compared to the other cruises around it, hence he deep discounts.

Where generally are people looking and finding these discounts or reductions? Thanks

Go to the web site and do a mock booking for your cruise and the same category cabin that you booked and see if the price is lower than the price you booked at.

One of the best ways to learn about price drops is right here on CC. Join the roll call and you'll get an email update with new posts. Out of all the members booked, you can bet that someone is looking at prices every day. Happen to us today. On our explorer 12/12 cruise, someone posted a D2 drop to 849. We called and upgraded from an I/S for $127 each.

Phyl

Is there a special day in which Royal Caribbean will do price cuts? Or is just on Tuesday's? Thank you!

Yes. It is any day on which demand (bookings) has not reached the level Royal wanted at that point. So what day would that actually be? That is anybody's guess.... it is purely dependent on demand. Booking levels fluctuate and you can bet that Royal constantly monitors them and adjusts prices both up and down in response.

Archived