How to keep sea pass safe?

Reading the towel thread got me thinking.

If I bring my sea pass to pool to get towels, where do I leave it while I swim? Is it waterproof? Or do I leave it on deck chair with towel and risk having it stolen? To me it's like cash! Someone with my sea pass can bill god-knows-what to my account.

How do I protect it? Bring it back to cabin after I get towels? What about drinks :-O

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

When we're on water excursions, I use a small water wallet that fits in the pocket of my swimming trunks. I can fit some cash, credit cards, SeaPass. You could use one of those.

If I bring my sea pass to pool to get towels, where do I leave it while I swim? Is it waterproof? Or do I leave it on deck chair with towel and risk having it stolen? To me it's like cash! Someone with my sea pass can bill god-knows-what to my account.

How do I protect it? Bring it back to cabin after I get towels? What about drinks :-O

Your sea pass is also your key to your cabin so you need to keep it with you. Put it in a pocket or a shoe or your book.

I have a bathing suit with a pocket, so it goes in there.

I think you are overly concerned. I have yet to hear of a sea pass being stolen and used to run up a large bill (I am sure someone has, so please share).

If someone were to do this, I am certain that they would track the culprit down pretty quickly. They use it, it creates a time stamped record, cameras are everywhere.

And the moment you find it missing, just go to client services, get it cancelled, get a new one.

Yes, you can take it in the pool with you -- Just make sure you dry it off before trying to use it.

Excellent thanks! No way would I leave my sea pass unattended. For me, That'd be like leaving my house keys and purse unattended.

I have yet to hear of a sea pass being stolen and used to run up a large bill (I am sure someone has, so please share).

I havent either. Im not sure how its even possible since I thought everytime a Seapass is used, a picture pops up.

Anyway though, i have found several Seapass cards on every cruise Ive been on in various places. I just take them to Guest Services and turn them in.

Don't put your clip on sunglasses that have a magnate or any other magnet for that matter next to your seapass. If you do you will not be able to open your door or other uses of the card. That is from experience.

Shak

Excellent thanks! No way would I leave my sea pass unattended. For me, That'd be like leaving my house keys and purse unattended.

Even if your Seapass was stolen/lost, it does not have your room number on it. But the thief/finder could use it to order a round of drinks for the whole ship............lol.

I use it as a bookmark.....it's never been bothered! I put my book into my tote (along with the seapass) when I'm in the pool! Usually, hubby is there, too, so someone can watch our stuff....but I have no qualms about leaving it in my bag while I take a quick dip. You're unlikely to stay in the crowded pools for very long!

And, if you chat with your neighbors at the pool/beach, you can tell them you'll be right back...get to know your neighbors....they will tell you if someone attempts to take your things! I know I would, if someone other than the folks sitting next to me attempted to mess with their things.

It is waterproof. It is not sunblock proof. I discovered this with my son's sea pass while holding it for him at the pool. Most of the ink smudged off. Didn't think it was too big of an issue until the guy letting us back into the port couldn't read his name on the card. Woops!

It is waterproof. It is not sunblock proof. I discovered this with my son's sea pass while holding it for him at the pool. Most of the ink smudged off. Didn't think it was too big of an issue until the guy letting us back into the port couldn't read his name on the card. Woops!

Yes, we figured that one out as well. Sunscreen definitely does not go well with the ink on the card. But, guest services will re-print no problem.

My DH always puts his sea pass in his pocket in the swim trunks, never had an issue. The only problem this last time was his alcohol package sticker got a bit worn (would happen with soda package if not pre-printed and a sticker). Fortunately by then the bartenders knew us so didn't need the full sticker!

Don't leave it in the room. You can't get back in. It can get wet.

Pocket or lanyard should work.

I bring a bag and leave it in there.

That is what we do. We always have a backpack with our sunscreen, kindle, my coverup, camera, snacks, etc in it. So I have a Royal flat pouch that I put my SeaPass in and leave it in the backpack. In all the years we cruised we have never had a problem with someone going into the packpack. Most of the time we can see it from the pool and normally we have conversations with the people sitting next to us so they would notice if someone started going through our stuff.

Even if your Seapass was stolen/lost, it does not have your room number on it. But the thief/finder could use it to order a round of drinks for the whole ship............lol.

It sorta does. Down in the corner, there will be a three digit number. That number is your cabin number minus your deck number. So if you are in Cabin 7258, the number will be 258 on your card. If someone was really evil, they could check #X258 on every deck until it works (lol).

Tucker in Texas

My swim trunks have a velcro pocket on the inside that is just the right size for a seapass. DW on occasion has got a hole punched and used it to pin her pass to the inside of her swim suit. Never had a problem with them getting demagnetized.

In the event anyone tried to run up charges on a stolen pass, they could always go back to the signatures on the receipts.

let guest services find you a card key hole on the end and put it through so you can have hands free of anything... take your personal belongings put into your suitcase and keep the key and lock it up. I do not use the safe anylonger. We had a break in last year and they went in and got my diamond ring but I can not trust no one anymore. So I leave my good stuff at home take the junk on board which looks better than the real stuff.. and then some..

so the ten dollar deals are better fill up with junk if they steal it who cares its only 10 bucks...

I say let them put a hole through the sign sail card... we have many colored lanyards you can get yours at home depot they are really cool colors and rhinestones too

It sorta does. Down in the corner, there will be a three digit number. That number is your cabin number minus your deck number. So if you are in Cabin 7258, the number will be 258 on your card. If someone was really evil, they could check #X258 on every deck until it works (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Wow, some ignoramus would actually DO that, wouldn't they?!?:confused:

I was on a cruise to New Orleans for Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras). Lots of drinking going on. Was in the hot tub and didn't want to put my card in the water so put it in my shoe. Ordered a drink, then another, then another. Then I couldn't find the card. Went to Guest Services and asked for a new one. Took 10 minutes.

Back to the hot tub. Ordered a drink, then another, then another, then I couldn't find the card. Went to Guest Services and asked for a new one. Took 15 minutes. NOT an unintended repeat, part of the story.

When they shut down the hot tubs at 2am, had to pick up my shoes to go back to the room. WOW, 4 pool passes. Do not put your key card in your shoes.!!!:D

Archived