quantum is she coming to Florida anytime Soon???

Is our big new girl coming to Florida in 2015... We want to also go on her... check her bumping cars out... the last time I went on one was when we were in Steeplechase in Coney Island in 1962... when I was just a kid... wow. look at my age people... getting old... :Dhuh??

well let me know. ;)

There is no definite answer at the moment as to where Quantum of the Seas will be after April 2015. There has been negotiations for Royal Caribbean to bring the ship to Bermuda for the summer season which likely means she'll stay put in NJ. Of course, you could get a nice glimpse of her when she sails in and out of Port Canaveral during her 7 & 8NT itineraries to The Bahamas.

What I'm curious about is whether one of her sister ships, Anthem or Quantum III, will sail out of Florida in either 2015 or 2016.

I expect to see Anthem out of Southampton year round with Mediterranean sailings in the winter and northern European sailings in the summer (Indy in the Mediterranean during those times). It's seems like this setup has pretty much been confirmed recently by the captain and ports who all said that the Indy's northern European route was a test for Anthem. Quantum III will likely end up in Florida then. At that point the new panama canal should be done and she's panamax making it perfect. Since she's designed for cold weather Florida is not logical for her but sailing from Florida to the Panama Canal in the winter and from Vancouver to Alaska in the summer makes sense.

There is no definite answer at the moment as to where Quantum of the Seas will be after April 2015. There has been negotiations for Royal Caribbean to bring the ship to Bermuda for the summer season which likely means she'll stay put in NJ. Of course, you could get a nice glimpse of her when she sails in and out of Port Canaveral during her 7 & 8NT itineraries to The Bahamas.

What I'm curious about is whether one of her sister ships, Anthem or Quantum III, will sail out of Florida in either 2015 or 2016.

There is a pretty good chance that the 3rd Oasis Class ship or the Allure/Oasis will be homeported in Port Canaveral in 2016.

There are many other ships besides the Quantum that have not had their schedules released past April/May 2015. That being said I would not read too much into the fact that no dates for Quantum in that time frame from NJ means they are moving the ships homeport.

Is our big new girl coming to Florida in 2015... We want to also go on her... check her bumping cars out... the last time I went on one was when we were in Steeplechase in Coney Island in 1962... when I was just a kid... wow. look at my age people... getting old... :Dhuh??

well let me know. ;)

According to this article I would say no.

http://bermudasun.bm/Content/Default/Homepage-Article-Rotator/Article/Exclusive_-Cruise-coup-as-Bda-makes-Quantum-leap-/-3/1288/68263

I expect to see Anthem out of Southampton year round with Mediterranean sailings in the winter and northern European sailings in the summer (Indy in the Mediterranean during those times). It's seems like this setup has pretty much been confirmed recently by the captain and ports who all said that the Indy's northern European route was a test for Anthem. Quantum III will likely end up in Florida then. At that point the new panama canal should be done and she's panamax making it perfect. Since she's designed for cold weather Florida is not logical for her but sailing from Florida to the Panama Canal in the winter and from Vancouver to Alaska in the summer makes sense.

Fingers crossed.

I'd like to see one of these ships doing Panama Canal sailings out of Houston/Galveston. PWEEEEEZE RCI,...PWEEEEEZE!!!?!??!?!?!

They have these things called planes. I'll bet one of them would take you to a port the Quantum sails from. We have to use them every time. Be thankful you don't.

No no. You don't use planes to cruise. You hop in the car and drive to PC, Port Everglades, Miami, or Tampa.

That's all you do. Boom! You are on the ship.

:)

Im going to say probably not, in terms of a homeport. This class of ship I am quite sure has been built for the colder weather market. It has 3 pools, 2 of them covered for inclement weather. They were not buily for weekly Caribbean runs. This is of course just conjucture, but makes 100%

sense.

Im going to say probably not, in terms of a homeport. This class of ship I am quite sure has been built for the colder weather market. It has 3 pools, 2 of them covered for inclement weather. They were not buily for weekly Caribbean runs. This is of course just conjucture, but makes 100%

sense.

I have to agree with you. I can't see any of the quantum class sailing out of FL.

I can see Anthem sailing an Alaskan itinerary and Quantum III in Europe.

Hey, FL already has the Oasis Class ships so they can't complain. I would love one of those ships up here, but instead we have to fly there. Now it's their turn to fly. :)

Archived