New Breakaway Cruise Director?

LauLau826

Dan is from the Jewel, we have sailed twice with him, and I cannot say enough good things about him. He is very good in our opinion, you are always aware of his presence, but not in an annoying way (like constantly on the PA system, like some others are), Dan has an energy that is more chillaxed than frantic, but don't mistake that for anything other than what it is - a CD that absolutely knows what he is doing.

He's very personable and takes the time to talk to everyone.

It's a shame they took all the really good people from the Jewel, Hugo, Ruth, Dan, just to name a few. We're on her for 28 days next September and we will mostly certainly miss them.

Edited by auntierobin

Was that Simon Murray? If so he is the Entertainment Director, he's in charge of all the shows, and music on the cruise. Dan is in charge of the passengers activities. This split responsibility design started with the Epic, with all the different shows and music venues, it would have been too much if you included the different passenger events (bingo, white hot party, things of that sort) in the job description of CD. Hence the position of Entertainment Director was created.

Was that Simon Murray? If so he is the Entertainment Director, he's in charge of all the shows, and music on the cruise. Dan is in charge of the passengers activities. This split responsibility design started with the Epic, with all the different shows and music venues, it would have been too much if you included the different passenger events (bingo, white hot party, things of that sort) in the job description of CD. Hence the position of Entertainment Director was created.

The position of Entertainment Director has been eliminated. All of the ships now just run with a Cruise Director.

Just got off Breakaway. Dan was very pleasant, as was Simon, the assistant CD. Simon also got off yesterday for vacation - I don't know who is taking over for him.

Simon mentioned who was taking over for him but I can't recall her name, she is a current member of the Cruise Director Staff.

• 2 months later...
It's a shame they took all the really good people from the Jewel, Hugo, Ruth, Dan, just to name a few. We're on her for 28 days next September and we will mostly certainly miss them.
Can anyone confirm if Hugo is HD on the Breakaway and if so; how long?:confused: Thanks!:) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

He said he would be onboard the week of 11/17 for changeover and officially take over as CD on 11/24. I'm touring the BA on 11/24 so I hope to see him. :D

LUCKY!!!

the GEM was not the same without him...

i cannot imagine him running from one event to the next on that HUGE ship!!!

I was on the Gem the week of 12 October, and we had a 'Julie' as CD and a 'Dan' as ACD....are they the same pair, or just a coincidence?:confused:

Dan (the Man) CD was on the Breakaway the week of October 13 (I was there with him!) - so that is a coincidence.