Price drop denied..is this correct?

3red7s

My hubby & I are D+, we always book way ahead, however, when I cxld our San Juan trip & booked for 3/2014, GOS, 8 day out of Baltimore..the only choice I had was a Jr. Suite Guarantee. ( of which I am not familiar with) We paid $1649 for a Jr. Suite/guarantee, & paid in full. The final payment is not due until 1/2014. Today, I went in and noticed that the price shows at $1565/pp. I called RC & they said that due to the systems upgrade some of their prices are not showing correctly & they would not honor the price difference....your opinions are suggestions are needed here!! Thank you..

My hubby & I are D+' date=' we always book way ahead, however, when I cxld our San Juan trip & booked for 3/2014, GOS, 8 day out of Baltimore..the only choice I had was a Jr. Suite Guarantee. ( of which I am not familiar with) We paid $1649 for a Jr. Suite/guarantee, & paid in full. The final payment is not due until 1/2014. Today, I went in and noticed that the price shows at $1565/pp. I called RC & they said that due to the systems upgrade some of their prices are not showing correctly & they would not honor the price difference....your opinions are suggestions are needed here!! Thank you..[/quote']

The cruiseline did a software update over the weekend and they are having many issues with prices and balances due. They most likely honor any price breaks until they figure out what is going on with their software.

My hubby & I are D+' date=' we always book way ahead, however, when I cxld our San Juan trip & booked for 3/2014, GOS, 8 day out of Baltimore..the only choice I had was a Jr. Suite Guarantee. ( of which I am not familiar with) We paid $1649 for a Jr. Suite/guarantee, & paid in full. The final payment is not due until 1/2014. Today, I went in and noticed that the price shows at $1565/pp. I called RC & they said that due to the systems upgrade some of their prices are not showing correctly & they would not honor the price difference....your opinions are suggestions are needed here!! Thank you..[/quote']

Yes, take a "screen shot" and call them on Tuesday. (they will be INUNDATED on Monday ;))

There was a military rate on a cruise I have booked for late next year that showed up today. I called RCL and the rep could not find the price.

I went ahead and booked it myself online and then cancelled the other reservation. Weird stuff happening today!!

My hubby & I are D+' date=' we always book way ahead, however, when I cxld our San Juan trip & booked for 3/2014, GOS, 8 day out of Baltimore..the only choice I had was a Jr. Suite Guarantee. ( of which I am not familiar with) We paid $1649 for a Jr. Suite/guarantee, & paid in full. The final payment is not due until 1/2014. Today, I went in and noticed that the price shows at $1565/pp. I called RC & they said that due to the systems upgrade some of their prices are not showing correctly & they would not honor the price difference....your opinions are suggestions are needed here!! Thank you..[/quote'] I found that a 7 day out of Galveston was listed at 389 but when I went to hold it showed the correct price I think unless you was about to hold 24 hrs for that price I think they wouldn't honor the incorrect price .

That tracking site caught a small decrease in a booked cruise - a senior rate added, RCI's website confirms this so I called to just now get it applied. After 22mins she said "they" had the details and would be applying it and would send new invoice as confirmation "in a while". I asked why she couldn't apply it herself as has happened a zillion times before and she said that because of the system "enhancements" some "code" had to be changed and she didn't have the authority to do it.

I'll be looking at that email very closely !!

Did CGI write their new system I wonder ?!

P.S. Just tried a dummy booking on RCI website, it shows the senior rate applied as a "Discount" line item in the Summary of Charges box.

I had the same problem - my cruise was showing a regional sale online. I even called back to try with a different rep. Was told they are not honouring web differences they can't see in their system due to the changes on the website over the weekend and their fine print says their system takes precedence. I could try to book myself online and they could transfer my reservation after but I would lose my onboard credit from my original booking which would make my net gain negligible. She said hold for a few days and try again.

They are having some difficulties with the new program. I just tried a ghost booking on RCCL for a Jan 2014 cruise. They had JS and GS showing as available and at least 6 cabins for each. When I signed onto the agents site, the JS was showing available with a couple cabins and the GS was waitlisted with no cabins available.

I'm sure they'll have all this fixed soon. It isn't the first time a cruise line has run into booking and pricing errors run though their program.

I did a mock booking for the 3/16/14 Allure cruise and there is a $150 savings certificate for that cruise for a balcony cabin. However, when I viewed the summary of charges only $75 is applied under Guest 1 and nothing under Guest 2. Shouldn't the entire $150 be applied to the cabin since I am a C&A member? Is that a glitch in the RCI system?

I did a mock booking for the 3/16/14 Allure cruise and there is a $150 savings certificate for that cruise for a balcony cabin. However, when I viewed the summary of charges only $75 is applied under Guest 1 and nothing under Guest 2. Shouldn't the entire $150 be applied to the cabin since I am a C&A member? Is that a glitch in the RCI system?

I am going to make a couple of guesses here. #1 - You are a platinum member. #2 - The discount showing is the under 6 months balcony discount platinum members receive (It is $100 if more than 6 months away from booking). #3 - C & A certificates, I believe always had to be called in to apply to cruise, and that hasn't changed. If you called in like before to book the cruise, they would then post the cert.

Gregg

Yesterday morning I noticed a $124 price drop on a October 2014 cruise I have booked. I called Royal Caribbean and the gal said she wasn't able to adjust the fare because it was an onboard booking and their computers were having problems with those.

She said she would notate my reservation with the new fare but would not be able to send me an email confirmation for at least 48 hours. I said I understood as I knew there had been system upgrades all weekend.

Later that evening, about 7 hours later, I received an email with the updated price.

I am going to make a couple of guesses here. #1 - You are a platinum member. #2 - The discount showing is the under 6 months balcony discount platinum members receive (It is $100 if more than 6 months away from booking). #3 - C & A certificates, I believe always had to be called in to apply to cruise, and that hasn't changed. If you called in like before to book the cruise, they would then post the cert.

Gregg

Thanks, Gregg. I understand now! I know I can always rely on CC to clear the cobwebs from my mind!:D

Yesterday morning I noticed a $124 price drop on a October 2014 cruise I have booked. I called Royal Caribbean and the gal said she wasn't able to adjust the fare because it was an onboard booking and their computers were having problems with those.

She said she would notate my reservation with the new fare but would not be able to send me an email confirmation for at least 48 hours. I said I understood as I knew there had been system upgrades all weekend.

Later that evening, about 7 hours later, I received an email with the updated price.

We had a reduction on IOS for 2015 this AM and they couldn't see it on their computer, we sent a screen shot and in the end they will not adjust it during their upgrade process!:(

So, that is their story..........:rolleyes:

Guest maddycat

I found a $165 military discount on a 10/14 cruise that we had already booked. I called our TA yesterday and he was able to get the discount for us.

I found a $165 military discount on a 10/14 cruise that we had already booked. I called our TA yesterday and he was able to get the discount for us.

We got one on Sunday but it had to show up on their system and the ones today did not. They reverted back to the old price while I was on the phone, so a glitch in their New? system.

We had a lower price of $203 EACH on our March Indy cruise. I called Sunday night and the CVP said it would be applied but she also couldn't send the booking confirmation. I then followed up on Monday and explained the reduction, etc. after 35 minutes a different reservationist told me it would be applied and sent the booking confirmation.

However, our Diamond discount of $225 now read $200 and the OBC disappeared. So once again I called today and spoke to the CVP I always deal with. She got the correct balcony discount applied. So that at least is correct. But, the OBC still doesn't show. I guess I'll call again tomorrow to get that straightened out.

FYI. I did go out to several travel websites and took screen shots of the pricing which all matched Royals price. I would suggest if you don't get the answer you want, call back with proof that other websites have the same pricing (if that is the case. )

I too checked pricing on Sunday night and saw a resident rate for our cruise next year on Explorer. Called and had to wait on hold for a bit but Julie the CVP was awesome! She had to fanagle a few things to get the discount to show in their system, but did get it. She said she could not email me a new invoice at that time due to problems with the new system.

Checked website yesterday-discount applied (was $136 each for 5 night Bermuda in a JS) and new balance is correct. I am still hoping for another price drop to get us into a GS, though I really like the idea of the aft JS.......

Archived