Seeking info Nov 1985 Oriana Syd Pacific Syd

sened

For recognition of our November 1985 Oriana cruise by Captains Circle club, P&O are asking for the exact date of departure and the number of nights from us.

We sailed from Sydney to the Pacific Islands including Fiji, Noumea, Vanuatu, returning to Sydney.

Can anyone provide us with these details pls. We only 7 nights away from Elite status.

For recognition of our November 1985 Oriana cruise by Captains Circle club, P&O are asking for the exact date of departure and the number of nights from us.

We sailed from Sydney to the Pacific Islands including Fiji, Noumea, Vanuatu, returning to Sydney.

Can anyone provide us with these details pls. We only 7 nights away from Elite status.

Welcome to Cruise critic. I wish you luck on this one, if anyone can help you it will be here.

G'day

We Were on the Oriana In Nov1984 the voyage #953 Fortunately my wiffe kept the ticket in the photo album so we got credited by Princess.

I don't know if you can work out your cruise number from that .

Regards Bob

Hi no the cruise didn't visit Tonga. We provided two photos (that we purchased on board) of us embarking on day one, plus disembarking in our port of call Noumea. Both with the Oriana logo. Unfortunately Captains Circle are still asking for the departure date and number of sail nights. Regards

Hi no the cruise didn't visit Tonga. We provided two photos (that we purchased on board) of us embarking on day one, plus disembarking in our port of call Noumea. Both with the Oriana logo. Unfortunately Captains Circle are still asking for the departure date and number of sail nights. Regards

No worries, I will try and find something for you.:D

I was working for P&O at that time. I'm not sure if I kept a brochure for that year (her last full year) or if I cruised in Nov 85 - I went on quite a few in 85/early 86 before she left :( I'll have a dig around at the weekend

I was working for P&O at that time. I'm not sure if I kept a brochure for that year (her last full year) or if I cruised in Nov 85 - I went on quite a few in 85/early 86 before she left :( I'll have a dig around at the weekend

That will help them out I am sure, I have drawn blanks. The closest I have come is narrowing it down to a magazine called Cruise Travel Volume 7, issue 1,2 or 3, that may have the sailing listed.

Well done PerfectlyPerth. Fantastic that you could find this information.

It is amazing that the prices for most of the cruises are around $100 a night, which is similar to what you can get today. No wonder there has been a reduction of what is included in your P&O cruise these days.

It is amazing that the prices for most of the cruises are around $100 a night, which is similar to what you can get today. No wonder there has been a reduction of what is included in your P&O cruise these days.

It has all the airfares listed at the back - $240 we paid for Perth to Syd which is less than now - but obviously more when compared to our salaries back then.

I saved for my trip for 18 months earning a huge $89 a week!

It has all the airfares listed at the back - $240 we paid for Perth to Syd which is less than now - but obviously more when compared to our salaries back then.

I saved for my trip for 18 months earning a huge $89 a week!

Wow, and with inflation for 30 years as well, the prices for cruises and flights have not gone up that much.

Thought someone here might know.

Our first cruise was seven nights in a balcony guarantee to Tasmania with Orincess.

Our next cruise is the same, but in a hand picked BA.

We're paying about $100 ea more. If we took a guarantee this time it would have been about $100 each less.

Not much else you. Can say that about is there?