Will the classic beverage package be cheaper on the ship?

BubbaLuvin

I have never heard of the drinks package being discounted onboard. We usually have it included in our booking but I would be interested to know if anyone has ever been given a discount.

We have three passengers in a room and it was offered to us as a perk but only for guests 1&2. So I am looking to buy the beverage package.

I have never heard of the drinks package being discounted onboard. We usually have it included in our booking but I would be interested to know if anyone has ever been given a discount.

For the first two days of our last two Summit cruises there has been a buy one get one free offer. For those wanting to upgrade to the premium package there was a 2 free day offer, pay for nine days, get 11 days use etc.

Previous to that I have never seen any other kind of discount it has always been $55 per day + 18% gratuity. Or $65 per day + 18% gratuity for the premium package.

I did overhear part of a conversation today about a $15 per day beer package but didn't get the full details. So there may be others too.

YES! it matters how many drinks you want.....OK, I would like a couple of bloody Mary's in the mornings....a few beers in the day, it is hot! After dressing fior dinner go to the bar and get a pre-cocktail , before the dinner, or go to the show and add 3 drinks of your choice. The before dinner have a pre-drink like you favorite cocktail. Then during dinner what wine would you like to drink, maybe a dessert wine, or a after dinner drink like a Brandy Alexander. OK, go back to you room and before you go, a night cap! Add them up and yes, you need a Package...Hey your on Vacation, you don't have to drive, and the package will absorb the cost.

OK what a great deal! Get the package if you want to get loose. No Concerns of your bill at the end of the cruise.

I am definitely getting the package, my question is whether I should wait or not to buy it?

I did just call CS and they said the have never heard it discounted.

In the year leading up to our cruise, X emailed several offers for 20 % discounts on various beverage packages, internet, and excursions. Check your emails. You have nothing to lose by waiting until you board to book your package. I didn't notice any beverage packages discounted during the cruise.

In the year leading up to our cruise, X emailed several offers for 20 % discounts on various beverage packages, internet, and excursions. Check your emails. You have nothing to lose by waiting until you board to book your package. I didn't notice any beverage packages discounted during the cruise.

I have been looking at the emails, and nothing so far! we are less than three weeks away.

FYI. For cruises after January 2018, there is currently a drink package sale of 25% off. Log into your cruise planner and you should see it. The sale ends on Monday 12.18.17

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI. For cruises after January 2018, there is currently a drink package sale of 25% off. Log into your cruise planner and you should see it. The sale ends on Monday 12.18.17

Happy Sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TY for this but I cannot get into that, I get an error that states they are experiencing difficulties, it says to call. When I called she said there wasn't any drink special.

Bubba - the current offer is, Buy one beverage package, get 50% off the second one... Ends out being 25% off - but only if you purchase for two people. That wouldn't help you since you really only need one package for the 3rd person in your cabin...

See you in a few weeks!!

I am undecided if I should order a classic beverage package now or wait until on the ship. Will they offer a discount once on board?

Nope- for example Celebrity on line just ran a 20% off beverage packages, some dining packages and shore X's. If you have cruise credit and call to order, you can also use it. The only "advantage" of upgrading on board is that you can upgrade the 2nd or 3rd day and pay less. So worth the upgrade to premium IMO

Enjoy your cruise!

Nope- for example Celebrity on line just ran a 20% off beverage packages, some dining packages and shore X's. If you have cruise credit and call to order, you can also use it. The only "advantage" of upgrading on board is that you can upgrade the 2nd or 3rd day and pay less. So worth the upgrade to premium IMO

Enjoy your cruise!

I called during the 20% off and it was the same price!