Departing Symphony in Barcelona

Looking for some expert advice here. If the Symphony is scheduled to dock in Barcelona at 5am, do you think we’d be able to catch a 10:25am flight from Barcelona to Lisbon? Thanks in advance for any input.

I would say it is doable but you should definitely carry off your own luggage and be waiting to disembark as soon as the ship is cleared . Airport is around a half hour from port. Should be lots of taxis but you could prebook just to be on the safe side.

Not much room for anything going wrong though!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking for some expert advice here. If the Symphony is scheduled to dock in Barcelona at 5am, do you think we’d be able to catch a 10:25am flight from Barcelona to Lisbon? Thanks in advance for any input.

You should be fine, When outside the US, the ship is cleared for passengers to disembark much faster than when in the US. First passengers shoud be getting off around 15 minutes after arrival. I'd make sure you are off the ship by 6am.

Times from the Harmony Med cruises:

5 am arrival in Barcelona

6:15 am - 7:30 am Express Departure

6:30 am first luggage tag colors

9:00 - 9:30 am last luggage tag colors

6:45 am RCI bus transfer for flights between 10 am and noon.

There´s no customs or passport control at the port as you haven´t left the Schengen area. Lisbon is also within Schengen area and therefore no passport control at the airport. 10:20 am should be doable. But I´d suggest Express Departure.

steamboats

I think Barcelona is one of the easiest ports to both embark and disembark.

If docking on time you really should have no problem at all.

We always do self assist off the ship about 07.20 and in a taxi by 07.30 airport about twenty minutes away and on the 10.15 flight back to the UK.

Agree with others on here. Barcelona is such an easy port for disembarking. Be in the first group off, carry your bags off, taxis will be lined up waiting. We have caught a plane at that time on numerous occasions from Barcelona

The airport is only 25 minutes away and there are plenty of taxis.

The ship will use terminal 2 and 3 because of its size.

If your cabin is at the front they try to get you to disembark terminal 3.

My advice is to disembark terminal 2 because there are twice as many taxis here compared to terminal 3

If you self carry your cases early you will be fine.

after 8 the taxi queues get very long.

The airport is only 25 minutes away and there are plenty of taxis.

The ship will use terminal 2 and 3 because of its size.

If your cabin is at the front they try to get you to disembark terminal 3.

My advice is to disembark terminal 2 because there are twice as many taxis here compared to terminal 3

If you self carry your cases early you will be fine.

after 8 the taxi queues get very long.

Actually it´s Terminal B and C. The aft cabins are Terminal C, the forward ones are Terminal B (usually the ship´s bow is facing the city).

The taxi lines are pretty well organized and even with a long line you usually never wait very long - unless you need a larger car for more people (a van).

steamboats

Actually it´s Terminal B and C. The aft cabins are Terminal C, the forward ones are Terminal B (usually the ship´s bow is facing the city).

The taxi lines are pretty well organized and even with a long line you usually never wait very long - unless you need a larger car for more people (a van).

steamboats

Yes terminals B&C,thanks for correcting me.

We always book mid ships cabins and self disembark at terminal B.

On one occasion October 2016 it was busy so we were directed to terminal C which was a longer walk and most arriving taxis were going to terminal B so we will never use that one again.

In June when we were on Freedom we disembarked at 8.30 and there was taxi queues to the terminal.

When we finally got a taxi 30 minutes later when we were leaving i noticed the taxi queue was twice the length than it was when we joined.

I will be on Symphony in June arriving in Barcelona and will be leaving with my own luggage at the earliest convenience, 5am arrival. I would like to book a 10 am train to Madrid. It looks like a 10 minute ride to train station. Is this realistic for a 10 am departure?

I will be on Symphony in June arriving in Barcelona and will be leaving with my own luggage at the earliest convenience, 5am arrival. I would like to book a 10 am train to Madrid. It looks like a 10 minute ride to train station. Is this realistic for a 10 am departure?

There are lots of taxis and when taking your own cases off you should be at the taxi queue 10-15 minutes after leaving the ship.