Norwegian Dawn Suite 12032

ADAsail

My 87 yer old wheelchair/limited mobility mother booked this trip for our family. A penthouse family suite and a balcony suite for 5 of us.

The embarkation in Tampa was a nightmare, even with valet parking, priority status and my mother in an electric wheelchair it was a 2 hour process to get on board.

Once on board, my mother, her husband and I went to settle in 12032 supposedly a handicap accessible room. The floor by the fold out couch was soaking wet from leaking windows and we had to have a drying machine placed (huge) placed in our suite everyday of cruising.

I noticed the safety rail separating the shower from the toilet was rickety and complained, they fixed it right away by adding 2 more bolts to the loose 2 there. But what could not be fixed was the height of the king bed; 28" so my mother who is a large woman recovering from cancer could not transfer from her wheelchair. They provided us with a step unit (!) This suite is meant to sleep 4 comfortably, but I don't know how that would be possible. I slept on the hard as rock (full size) pleather fold out couch with crate foam on top. There is also no lamp/light available for whomever sleeps on the couch bed, our lovely butler lent me his personal magnetic flashlight so I could read at night.

My mother fell twice off the step unit injuring herself with deep lacerations (luckily did not break anything) and the last 2 nights she and her husband slept on the small hard sofa bed.

I would also suggest earplugs, the suite is just off the pool deck and nights that host parties have the booming bass beating in the room till about midnight.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif