Jewel of the Seas aft cabins, 7172 or 9258

W8TN2CRUZ2

Hello, We have the option of two aft balcony cabins on the Jewel of the Seas, 7172 or 9258. Who has stayed in these and which is preferable and why. Any noise issues at all with 7172 and if so, how bad.

Hello, We have the option of two aft balcony cabins on the Jewel of the Seas, 7172 or 9258. Who has stayed in these and which is preferable and why. Any noise issues at all with 7172 and if so, how bad.

I would easily opt for #9258. Absolutely no reason to choose #7172 which is over a public area...When given the choice it just makes no sense to take the chance.

Thank you for the info. We were interested in 7172 because it is a corner balcony that we thought might be larger than 9258, but it is difficult to tell from the pictures.

We've been in cabins On Radiance & Jewel #1100, 9256 & 8168 these are in order of balcony space... I still think you should opt for #9258...but definitely keep very vigil about checking for #9256 even #8168 to open up at some point in time before your cruise. I play musical cabins often.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to switch staterooms if you find a better one. Do you just call the cruise line and ask to switch?

Yes...easy to do yourself unless you have booked with a TA then only they can call and request the change for you since they own the booking.

This is just one of the reasons I don't use a TA...much easier and quicker to do this myself since cabins can come and go quickly.

I monitor all my bookings especially if I'm looking for price changes (reductions), alternate cabin locations or possible upgrading categories.

Just be vigil for any opportunity that might work out for you...if not enjoy the cabin you have chosen...great location.

Definitely 9258...bigger balcony...the "corner"balcony on deck 7 doesn't go around the edge. Look at the deck plans...it's a small square.

7172 on Jewel is not a small square balcony at all. We have sailed in that cabin and the balcony is long and narrow. A lounge chair just fits if you put it head at the slider and feet at the railing. When we sailed in that cabin, it had 2 lounges, two regular chairs and a little table. The balcony does not wrap around the side, but you can sort of get a side view if you squish your way all the way into the narrow end of the balcony.

You can hear the bass of the music from the lounge below until midnight on some nights. It wasn't terribly loud, but you could hear it.

I don't think you can really go wrong with either of those cabins, but would probably go with deck 9258. If 7172 was the only aft I could get, I would book it again with no issue.