Platinum Specialty Dining Perk

terri910

My husband and I are both Platinum with NCL. I seem to remember that Platinum members get a meal for two at one of the specialty dining locations (like Cagney's) either per cruise or per week. This Fall, we will be on back-to-back-to-back-to back cruises on the NCL Star. An 8-day out of Venice, a 14-day Trans-Atlantic out of Rome, an 11-day southern Caribbean out of Miami, and a 14-day Panama Cruise out of Miami ending up in Los Angeles.

As you can see, all of the cruises are over 7 days, and two of them are 14-days. So, my first question is: is this perk per cruise or per week?

My 2nd question is: since we are both Platinum, do we both get that perk separately (so my husband would get a dinner for two, and I would get a separate dinner for two)?

My 3rd question is: how far ahead should we reserve our dinners?

My husband was Platinum on our last NCL cruise, but we didn't reserve until we got on board, and the best times were, of course, already taken. I became Platinum with the points received on that last cruise, so we haven't cruised with both of us Platinum on NCL, before.

I would try to find answers to these questions on the NCL website, but we are in Ecuador right now, and when we go on the NCL website it only appears in Spanish, and we have found NO WAY to switch the language!!

Perks are per cruise.

There have been changes since you've cruised.

The Platinum dinners are now per cabin and you will get 1 dinner for two at either Le Bistro or Cagney's and 1 dinner for two at either Moderno or La Cucina.

Thanks! Per cabin, and per cruise, but two dinners (Cagney's or Le Bistro and Moderno or La Cucina).

How far ahead of the cruise can we reserve?

And do you know about the free laundry bag?

Thanks! Per cabin, and per cruise, but two dinners (Cagney's or Le Bistro and Moderno or La Cucina).

I think they just changed when you can make reservation to 120 days prior to your cruise.

I believe laundry is by cruise as well, but you will get 2, one for you and one for your husband. You might only get one voucher, but talk with your Cabin Steward and they will probably tell you to mark the bag as "Platinum".

And you get a bottle of wine with one of those dinners (the one at Cagney's or Le Bistro)! And yes, you will probably only get one laundry voucher, but you can mark your paperwork as Platinum for the 2nd bag. Discounts on ship merchandise (but I think you can only apply once), photos, and (YES!) spa services (but only while in port)! Full listing on the NCL web site.

We made our reservations in advance and had no trouble using the voucher (it will be in your stateroom when you board) at the 2 restaurants. Likewise, you will have a bottle of water for each Platinum member. And free internet minutes (which I usually just use to get my boarding passes for my return home).

Enjoy your trip and your perks!

Reserve your dinners as soon as reservations open. Usually 120 days prior to departure. The OP will have multiple departure dates.

The laundry is one bag per platinum member. Per cruise. You get one coupon in your room. You can go to the Cruise Next desk and request a second coupon or just write PLATINUM across the payment section of the laundry ticket. The laundry is next day service any day you want (we always try to avoid the Fill-a-Bag day since everyone else on the ship will be sending in their clothes that day). Check with Cruise Next to see if you can get additional coupons for the longer TA.

Have a great cruise!

bde33ed407dbb6ffe0cd6b26e488bbb4.jpg

5fdf4a97d1b2aa076d7ff0552e586ea9.jpg

0213c10762989c44a7956f6dabd86856.jpg

bea8d87781c650410aa0636199f3ed62.jpg

My husband and I are both Platinum with NCL. I seem to remember that Platinum members get a meal for two at one of the specialty dining locations (like Cagney's) either per cruise or per week. This Fall, we will be on back-to-back-to-back-to back cruises on the NCL Star. An 8-day out of Venice, a 14-day Trans-Atlantic out of Rome, an 11-day southern Caribbean out of Miami, and a 14-day Panama Cruise out of Miami ending up in Los Angeles.

As you can see, all of the cruises are over 7 days, and two of them are 14-days. So, my first question is: is this perk per cruise or per week?

My 2nd question is: since we are both Platinum, do we both get that perk separately (so my husband would get a dinner for two, and I would get a separate dinner for two)?

My 3rd question is: how far ahead should we reserve our dinners?

My husband was Platinum on our last NCL cruise, but we didn't reserve until we got on board, and the best times were, of course, already taken. I became Platinum with the points received on that last cruise, so we haven't cruised with both of us Platinum on NCL, before.

I would try to find answers to these questions on the NCL website, but we are in Ecuador right now, and when we go on the NCL website it only appears in Spanish, and we have found NO WAY to switch the language!!

The Platinum dinner perk is two dinners for two, not two dinners for two for each of you.

The perk dinners cannot be reserved until you board the ship. This is all per NCL as of our February 2018 cruise. These things are always subject to change but I think that, as of now, that is the rule.

It occurs to me that I have pretty much the same questions about the "Free Bag of Laundry" perk for Platinums. Per cruise or per week? And do we each get a free bag of laundry?

The laundry is one bag per Platinum member for free per cruise. There will be a coupon in your stateroom for one bag but we were told that you could just pack up the second bag when ready and write "Platinum" on the bag and it will be free. they must keep a record of the number of bags you send by cabin number.

I hope this helps.

The laundry is one bag per platinum member. Per cruise. You get one coupon in your room. You can go to the Cruise Next desk and request a second coupon or just write PLATINUM across the payment section of the laundry ticket. The laundry is next day service any day you want (we always try to avoid the Fill-a-Bag day since everyone else on the ship will be sending in their clothes that day). Check with Cruise Next to see if you can get additional coupons for the longer TA.

Have a great cruise!

bde33ed407dbb6ffe0cd6b26e488bbb4.jpg

5fdf4a97d1b2aa076d7ff0552e586ea9.jpg

0213c10762989c44a7956f6dabd86856.jpg

bea8d87781c650410aa0636199f3ed62.jpg

The confusing thing about the Platinum Benefits and Discounts paper is that it states one bottle of sparkling wine PER STATEROOM and one order of chocolate covered strawberries PER STATEROOM but it lists the dinners as platinum benefits but nowhere does it mention that they are PER STATEROOM, leaving passengers to believe that they are per member as they have been for years.

When you get to your cabin there will be paper work explaining everything to you. The only questionable thing will be the info on the laundry. There will be only 1 certificate but as someone mentioned when you send the laundry all you have to do is write,on the bag, platinum member and I believe we also write FREE on the tag.

Dinner, you can book ahead but we have just found it easier to book when we get on the ship as booking ahead of time often the time options are not that great. They always save about 1/2 the spots for those booking after boarding. We book asap after boarding though. Yes, you can try booking as much as 120 days out. If the times you want are available go for it.

All the perks are per cruise, no matter how long the cruise is. If you booked back to back I am not sure if you will be able to double up on the perks.