MSC v NCL Price Difference!

nikkiw60

I have been working out the daily rate for what we have got booked on NCL Bliss for a 5 day repositioning this October against the MSC Meraviglia 13 day repositioning next October and wow what a difference!

The NCL Bliss for a Guarantee Balcony Inclusive of drink package and daily service charge is $92 per day per person more than our Aurea balcony also including drinks and daily service charge and massage!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought Bliss pricing was bad when it first came out and was hoping it would come down, that hasn't happened. I've been watching the Panama canal crossings. Some of the Bliss high pricing may be the new ship factor. Meraviglia will be two years old when it hits NY. That was fine with me so I booked MV at a much better rate. It has become very rare to find anything on NCL that compares price wise to MSC.

I have been working out the daily rate for what we have got booked on NCL Bliss for a 5 day repositioning this October against the MSC Meraviglia 13 day repositioning next October and wow what a difference!

The NCL Bliss for a Guarantee Balcony Inclusive of drink package and daily service charge is $92 per day per person more than our Aurea balcony also including drinks and daily service charge and massage!

As for me not even free cruise will make me to go on NCL again.

I am kind of looking forward to it..

But love MSC!!!

We are going with friends as it ties in with California road trip.

That must have been some bad experience. I still basically like the NCL product, especially in the suites and Haven. Unfortunately all the cut backs over the last few years coupled with the extreme price increases made me move on. I still keep an eye on what's going on with NCL though. I still don't see that they value long term customers - or any customers for that matte after reports of the Sun "wet dock" PC cruise. They seem to be a very profit only oriented company now.

That must have been some bad experience. I still basically like the NCL product, especially in the suites and Haven. Unfortunately all the cut backs over the last few years coupled with the extreme price increases made me move on. I still keep an eye on what's going on with NCL though. I still don't see that they value long term customers - or any customers for that matte after reports of the Sun "wet dock" PC cruise. They seem to be a very profit only oriented company now.

It was bad for us. There was nothing we loved or even liked on NCL. I know Haven must be better but if I want to pay that much for cruise I will find different cruise lines with real luxury.The whole free style concept when people in shorts and baseball caps 24/7 is not to out taste.

New ship = higher prices and of course NCL is way overpriced.

We had the family together on Easter and the topic of a Spring Break cruise, the first full week in April of 2019 came up. The following Monday, I called NCL and checked on pricing aboard the Breakaway in the Haven. $4500 PP was the quote for a family villa. Later that day, for some reason, I called MSC for a quote on a YC1 suite, that sleeps 5, and the quote was $5100, including free drinks for all. What is NCL thinking?:confused:

I'm sure there are other threads on here somewhere that compare actual experience on both cruiselines, but wondering if anyone on this thread has traveled on both NCL & MSC to compare the quality on them?

I'm sure there are other threads on here somewhere that compare actual experience on both cruiselines, but wondering if anyone on this thread has traveled on both NCL & MSC to compare the quality on them?

We are still new to the amazing world of cruising and only have 3 MSC cruises under our belt and MSC are a good fit for us.

So we ware going to find the NCL one interesting that’s for sure!

I have cruised both.

On land, NCL has their act together, MSC has no clue what they are doing! MSC's website and land based customer experience is a nightmare (I speak this from personal experience).

On board, MSC ships are really nicer, more beautiful, shows are fantastic and unique.........but this is where it all stops.

Also in my experience NCL is higher priced than MSC.

I have cruised both.

On land, NCL has their act together, MSC has no clue what they are doing! MSC's website and land based customer experience is a nightmare (I speak this from personal experience).

On board, MSC ships are really nicer, more beautiful, shows are fantastic and unique.........but this is where it all stops.

Also in my experience NCL is higher priced than MSC.

We have not had a problem with customer service in the U.K..

What do you mean, this is where it all stops? I'm just starting research on MSC, and I'm curious about this. Thanks!

I love NCL. I have sailed both larger and smaller ships in the Haven and enjoyed both. After experiencing Royal Caribbeans "suite life" as they call it, and for what they charge for that-NCL won hands down.

Love freestyle!! NCL knows how to do it. True anytime dining and you can choose your attire comfort zone dining options. Dress up-don't dress up-you have options. They have so many to choose from. Royal did not hold a candle to the dining options offered on NCL

I can not compare MSC yet but one thing is for sure, MSC yacht club is very cost effective compared to NCL right now. Can not wait for my sailing. One would think, as I already see prices rising, that they got so many of us to try the MSC line that may have not before. NCL has to be very aware of this and feeling a bit uneasy.

I think MSC will probably go up a bit and I am hoping the stronger a presence MSC becomes in the north America, NCL will have to come down.[haven/suite prices] If MSC does a good job and appeals to the US market and sends more ships here to America, this could be a good thing for us consumers I would think.;)

I'm the same in relation to NCL. My last cruise with them was in March last year and since then they hiked up the prices and basically became unaffordable (for me). We've never tried Royal, as they always cost much more than other cruise lines. Until March this year, when their 7 day cruise on Anthem was just just over half price of a 7 day on NCL Gem. Both cruises had alcohol package included, so that wasn't the price difference factor. Of course we took Royal.

MSC is our second favourite cruise line after NCL, but might as well become first, since we are not sure when and if we will go again with NCL. And thankfully MSC are still affordable and enjoyable. I love them mainly for the European cruises. Tried Divina once out of Miami, and it wasn't the same (however entertainment and bar staff were fantastic).

We've sailed NCL and are Platinum over there. We've only been on Divinia in YC. As far as suites, most NCL are larger but our one MSC blew NCL out of the water.

As some have eluded, NCL out for nickels and dimes (well, actually more than that with the new management) so what you book a year or two out, some things may end up costing more unless you can lock in early (like prepaid service charges).

Suite prices have gone through roof. Bliss crazy high to start and as such, not even looking at it at all.

Also Platinum on NCL and our last 4 cruises have been within the Haven in a Courtyard Penthouse. We enjoyed them all with very good cuisine in the Haven and good service. We are booked in the Seaside YC next month for about $ 2000 less than Haven pricing. Based on reviews we are booked May of 2019 Seaside YC for close to $ 3000 less than on NCL Haven Courtyard. I looked at the NCL Bliss Haven pricing and just laughed .

Looking forward to our Seaside YC experience next month .

What do you mean, this is where it all stops? I'm just starting research on MSC, and I'm curious about this. Thanks!

My experience with on land has been awful, frustrating, simply terrible.

Their reservation and cs is totally incompetent.

I've never had a problem with their customer service on land. They are easy to book with, and take their time, and will answer all your questions. The web site leaves a lot to be desired, but I find that on all the cruise web sites. The more they upgrade, the worse they get.

I've never had a problem with their customer service on land. They are easy to book with, and take their time, and will answer all your questions. The web site leaves a lot to be desired, but I find that on all the cruise web sites. The more they upgrade, the worse they get.

Good that you had a nice experience.