Cabin Help - Explorer Class

GPS

This will be our first time on Silversea and we are booking the Iceland to Canada arctic cruise. I am interested in the Explorer cabins on deck 4 due to perceived value. I notice there are two types of layouts on the deckplans, one is more square and the other side has cabins that are more elongated. Can anyone give advice on which side of the ship I should book? And how bad are the forward cabins for noise/motion?

We have been on Explorer many times. My favorite cabins are deck 3 or 4 midship, but we have sailed in the 4 Forward ones once. Good value, but I felt they were a bit claustrophobic as the windows are smaller. Also more noise from movement of the ship, which didn’t actually bother us that much. On you itinerary, there may be a whole lot of motion. Roughest sea I have ever been on was between Canada and Greenland.

Thank you Rachel. I so far have not had much issue with forward or aft cabins as neither hubby nor I get seasick. But are the windows in the Explorer level cabins that much smaller? The photos online don't seem to show that much difference between them and the View or Vista. Also, do you have any advice between the port or starboard side of the 4th deck forwards, as they are different shapes?

The windows are definitely smaller than the windows in the vista cabins. We were on the port side, so can’t speak as to difference between starboard in those forward cabins, but I would say go for whatever you can afford. It is a great adventure.

Thanks, it seems the Explorer cabins are sold out now. We were offered an Adventurer guarantee. I don't want to be stuck with a porthole, but is there a good chance to be upgraded? Otherwise, I'll look into the Vista or View suites.