Cabin above live lounge Britannia

Poppy1313

We have been allocated cabin G719 GE has anyone heard any reports on how noisy it is likely to be from the disco below. Quite anxious that we won't get any sleep any words of comfort would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

We heard nothing in G733, although this is further back than G719. As we climbed the stair and entered the hallway back towards the rooms the music could not be heard anymore. I hope it is acceptable, but if the band are playing I would recommend being in the lounge.

We have been allocated cabin G719 GE has anyone heard any reports on how noisy it is likely to be from the disco below. Quite anxious that we won't get any sleep any words of comfort would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

My OH swears by silicone ear plugs. Maybe you could try some of those.

Thank you help the juggler for your reassuring words we will indeed be listening to the great performers in the lounge but are very early risers especially in Norway as the scenery is so spectacular so concerned that the disco until 3am will keep us awake.

The suggestion of ear plugs English Lady is really appreciated and I'm sure will help if soundproofing isn't great.

• 3 years later...

Hi, we will be cruising on the Brittania next year. It will be our first time on this ship and having read some reviews we are wondering if it is a good ship or not. We have booked a HF grade cabin and opted for freedom dining. Have sailed on Ventura and Azura and never had any problems. Many thanks

Hi, we were allocated G721 but read poor reviews of the noise and vibration so contacted P&O and they moved us without any quibble to mid ship without any charge.

Worth a call, if they can help, they will. Good luck.

Hi, we will be cruising on the Brittania next year. It will be our first time on this ship and having read some reviews we are wondering if it is a good ship or not. We have booked a HF grade cabin and opted for freedom dining. Have sailed on Ventura and Azura and never had any problems. Many thanks

We absolutely loved Britannia. It does divide opinion, but we found it fantastic. The lifts are a nuisance, but that really was our only gripe. Have a lovely time.

Thank you help the juggler for your reassuring words we will indeed be listening to the great performers in the lounge but are very early risers especially in Norway as the scenery is so spectacular so concerned that the disco until 3am will keep us awake.

The suggestion of ear plugs English Lady is really appreciated and I'm sure will help if soundproofing isn't great.

Never understood the need to rise early to see the scenery in the fjords. It's the same on the way out.

We heard nothing in G733, although this is further back than G719. As we climbed the stair and entered the hallway back towards the rooms the music could not be heard anymore. I hope it is acceptable, but if the band are playing I would recommend being in the lounge.

We have G733 in October and heard conflicting reports of noise and soot issues :)

We have stayed in an aft suite on Britannia on F deck. If you search the forum you will find countless comments regarding noise, vibration and mostly soot on balconies from those who have had aft balcony cabins on Britannia.

As for the specific question regarding noise from the Live Lounge, we found it to be an issue even on F deck. Live music was loud enough that we could hear every song clearly from inside the suite. When it was recorded music, such as the disco, we could still hear it but it was more distant and not loud enough to keep us awake. We did, however, comment on several occasions, that it must have been deafening on G deck.

We love Britannia as she has the best Select dining restaurants, most modern cabins and facilities, but we would never book an aft cabin again

We have stayed in an aft suite on Britannia on F deck. If you search the forum you will find countless comments regarding noise, vibration and mostly soot on balconies from those who have had aft balcony cabins on Britannia.

As for the specific question regarding noise from the Live Lounge, we found it to be an issue even on F deck. Live music was loud enough that we could hear every song clearly from inside the suite. When it was recorded music, such as the disco, we could still hear it but it was more distant and not loud enough to keep us awake. We did, however, comment on several occasions, that it must have been deafening on G deck.

We love Britannia as she has the best Select dining restaurants, most modern cabins and facilities, but we would never book an aft cabin again

We are going armed with earplugs :)

Never understood the need to rise early to see the scenery in the fjords. It's the same on the way out.

Not necessarily quite the same. Early morning light is quite special. I was up for the sail-in to Geiranger and it was a beautiful, misty morning with light wispy low cloud strung across the Fjord. When sailing out, it was a lovely sunny afternoon and so looked quite different. The sail-in will live long in my memory.

Not necessarily quite the same. Early morning light is quite special. I was up for the sail-in to Geiranger and it was a beautiful, misty morning with light wispy low cloud strung across the Fjord. When sailing out, it was a lovely sunny afternoon and so looked quite different. The sail-in will live long in my memory.

I know what you mean. However, living on the edge of the Lake District, I have become blasé about "spectacular scenery".

Agreed and if you are enjoying the views from a balcony the views back out are entirely different from the views coming in as you are looking at the other side of the Fjord!

We absolutely loved Britannia. It does divide opinion, but we found it fantastic. The lifts are a nuisance, but that really was our only gripe. Have a lovely time.

I totally agree. Lifts are a disaster and could wreck your cruise unless you work it out quickly. Ship is the best in the fleet and 9 meters wider than the rest which not only makes it very spacious inside but adds to its overall stability. Serenity area (and pool) has no kids and its own bar and lounge area. Try it, it’s heaven. We’ve been in it twice now and have two more cruises booked on it in 2019. It’s a great ship (with a slightly mad lift designer).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums