What to expect on embarkation?

FraserK

Hi.We have been allocated a

guaranteed inside cabin but no number.My question is when the baggage handlers take your luggage how do they know here to take it as you still have to check in.Not cruised on P+O before so unfamiliar with this procedure.Thanks

Hi.We have been allocated a

guaranteed inside cabin but no number.My question is when the baggage handlers take your luggage how do they know here to take it as you still have to check in.Not cruised on P+O before so unfamiliar with this procedure.Thanks

In my experience your cabin will be allocated several weeks before you sail.

If you booked at very short notice your luggage labels will be marked with a code that alerts those handling the luggage, and they will know which cabin to take it to.

Don’t worry. It may be your first time it's not theirs.

I have been in a MIni Suite twice and can confirm that our embarkation was at 12 30 am and the time was shown on the ticket.

However, there was no 'invite' in the cabin to a special lunch on board or any other perks. As we weren't in a qualifying loyalty tier, we didn't want the embarrassment of being turned away so we went up to the Buffet and enjoyed a nice quiet lunch in there before the majority turned up. That was lovely.

Enjoy your mini suite and your first time cruise.

Your deck and cabin number are printed on your luggage tags, so everyone knows where the luggage is supposed to be taken.

Not always. If you have booked a guaranteed cabin, the cabin allocation may come too late.

We always book a guarantee cabin and receive our boarding passes and luggage labels via our cruise personaliser and have never received them late.

No, neither have I. But, somebody I met on a cruise had only booked a week previous and he said his luggage labels didn't have cabin number on them. So it does happen.

Yes to check in.

Not sure about bag scanning. Can't imagine you can get rushed through security checks.

You don’t see your checked luggage until on board, but you do get called first to go through security at Southampton. They give you a card on check in, suite passengers are A, so called first.

You don’t see your checked luggage until on board, but you do get called first to go through security at Southampton. They give you a card on check in, suite passengers are A, so called first.

Not quite. You don’t get a lettered or numbered card of any description. You are directed to the priority boarders lounge and everyone in there is called for boarding at the same time. You are indeed the first group to board.

Not quite. You don’t get a lettered or numbered card of any description. You are directed to the priority boarders lounge and everyone in there is called for boarding at the same time. You are indeed the first group to board.

Only speaking from our experience at Ocean terminal in May this year, we had a card and sat with everybody else, all though effectively we were straight through, suite passengers had A&B cards and were called first.

Only speaking from our experience at Ocean terminal in May this year, we had a card and sat with everybody else, all though effectively we were straight through, suite passengers had A&B cards and were called first.

That’s weird. I can only assume that they didn’t have a priority boarders lounge set up for some reason or, in error, they directed you to the Caribbean tier boarders, as they board immediately after suite passengers but don't use the lounge. We’ve had suites on Britannia (3 times), Ventura and Arcadia and have always been directed to a lounge and have never been given a lettered or numbered card.

That’s weird. I can only assume that they didn’t have a priority boarders lounge set up for some reason or, in error, they directed you to the Caribbean tier boarders, as they board immediately after suite passengers but don't use the lounge. We’ve had suites on Britannia (3 times), Ventura and Arcadia and have always been directed to a lounge and have never been given a lettered or numbered card.

There didn’t seem to be any separate lounges set up, but there had also been an issue with getting into the terminal, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I bow to your experience, didn’t mean to mislead anybody.

There didn’t seem to be any separate lounges set up, but there had also been an issue with getting into the terminal, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I bow to your experience, didn’t mean to mislead anybody.

The lounge is not redily visable way down at the far end of the barn.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app