For those curious about current passport turnaround times...

I mailed renewals for my DH and myself on April 2 and received them both on April14. Mailed them together priority with tracking, tracked them through the state department website and received them priority in separate envelopes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fiancé and I applied for first passports on June 6th, received the passport books today (June 18th). Still waiting for the passport cards and our original documents to be returned. Seems funny that the passports arrived before our birth certificates were returned to us! :)

Fiancé and I applied for first passports on June 6th, received the passport books today (June 18th). Still waiting for the passport cards and our original documents to be returned. Seems funny that the passports arrived before our birth certificates were returned to us! :)

Passports are sent in a separate mailing - usually before birth certificates or expired passports are returned.

Sailing in October, applying for first time passports soon.

Question on middle name:

DW's middle name is on her BC. We have marriage license to document her change of last name, but none of her other documents have a middle name listed

-- Birth Certificate shows a middle name

- SS Card does not have middle name

- Marriage License does not have middle name

- Drivers License does not have middle name

Could this be a problem?

If so, how would we go about correcting the problem?

Edited by Tim-n-Gina
clarity

Sailing in October, applying for first time passports soon.

Question on middle name:

DW's middle name is on her BC. We have marriage license to document her change of last name, but none of her other documents have a middle name listed

-- Birth Certificate shows a middle name

- SS Card does not have middle name

- Marriage License does not have middle name

- Drivers License does not have middle name

Could this be a problem?

If so, how would we go about correcting the problem?

No - it should not be a problem. When you fill-out the application put the name of your wife as you would like it to appear on the passport. You need not have your middle name on your passport. My middle name is on my BC but not on my passport. :)

No - it should not be a problem. When you fill-out the application put the name of your wife as you would like it to appear on the passport. You need not have your middle name on your passport. My middle name is on my BC but not on my passport. :)

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Wife and I both applied for first time passports on June 29, received passport books today, July 18.

That is less than 3 weeks, Nice to see a Government agency running ahead of their stated estimate of 4-6 weeks..

Still waiting for Passport cards and our original documents. Will update.

• 2 weeks later...
Wife and I both applied for first time passports on June 29, received passport books today, July 18.

That is less than 3 weeks, Nice to see a Government agency running ahead of their stated estimate of 4-6 weeks..

Still waiting for Passport cards and our original documents. Will update.

All new passport books and cards were in hand within 3 weeks of application, the original documents arrived a day later.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Gina of Tim n Gina. This is my first time posting. I'm very excited about our first cruise celebrating our 30th anniversary Looking forward to having a great time and meeting fun people. We'll be flying into Miami the day before and Tim told me that there might be a dinner get together that night We're in if anyone knows about this. Thank you. Gina/Regina

Hi. Our travel agent gave us a few choices of hotels and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions if they had ever stayed at any of them pre-cruise. What would be closer to the ship or are they all the same amount of distance? Is anyone else staying at these hotels? Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks .

The Dream South Beach

The SLS Hotel Residences Brickett

The Me Miami or

The Hyatt Regency

Thanks.

Gina /Regina

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I sent off our renewals on Thursday morning, August 16. Usual TAT, not priority service. He got his new one in regular mail on August 29, just under two weeks! Mine came the very next day. Crazy - I wasn't expecting them back until late September / early October!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 4 new passports (1 Adult, 3 Kids).

16 days including Labor Day. Routine Processing selected. (17 days for 1 of the kids)

8/29 - Applied for 4 new passport books (1 Adult, 3 Kids) at local Acceptance Facility (this was in the evening, so nothing went out until the next day.)

9/4 - Email with status of processing

9/5 - Checks cleared

9/12 - Email with Tracking # (Originally had delivery date of 9/15)

9/14 - 3 of 4 Passports Delivered

9/15 - 4th Passport Delivered

9/17 - All Documents Returned

• 1 month later...

9/28 - Application at local post office for 2 passport booklets and cards (adult & child) 

10/7 - Website check showed processed with expected delivery 10/13

10/9 - Received email that applications had been processed and expected delivery 10/15

10/11 - Passport booklets received in mail

10/15 - Passport cards received in mail

10/17 - All documents returned

I recently got a passport book for my minor son in the Houston area. It took 3 weeks but I think it was actually less than that. We don't check the mail every day so I can't say exactly when it was received. The returned documents were also in the mailbox during the same time so they probably arrived within a day or two of the passport book.