Vancouver transportation

Retired 07

We will be flying in to Vancouver 2 days before our cruise. We would like to take the train from the airport to the ferry terminal, and then take a ferry to our hotel in North Vancouver, and then take the ferry back to Canada Place the morning of the cruise. Is this doable? Does anybody know how close the train gets to the ferry terminal? or how close the ferry bldg is to Canada place? Any help or advice will be appreciated...

We will be flying in to Vancouver 2 days before our cruise. We would like to take the train from the airport to the ferry terminal, and then take a ferry to our hotel in North Vancouver, and then take the ferry back to Canada Place the morning of the cruise. Is this doable? Does anybody know how close the train gets to the ferry terminal? or how close the ferry bldg is to Canada place? Any help or advice will be appreciated...

Per Google maps, it's about 350 meters...

We haven't taken the ferry to North Vancouver, but we have walked off of cruise ships and walked to the train station--two or three short blocks IIRC. The "SeaBus" from North Vancouver departs every 15 minutes starting at 6:00 am...so, it should be quite doable...

It is very doable if you can manage your luggage (y) The walk from the Sea Bus terminal is longer than it appears on Google maps, since there is some walking involved in getting OUT of the terminal (Waterfront Station) but it is not far. I've done it, but it has been a few years, so I can't give you any reliable recollection of it.

It is very doable if you can manage your luggage (y) The walk from the Sea Bus terminal is longer than it appears on Google maps, since there is some walking involved in getting OUT of the terminal (Waterfront Station) but it is not far. I've done it, but it has been a few years, so I can't give you any reliable recollection of it.

Thank you. We will just have carry-ons and backpacks. (Short cruise) And thanks for the name of the station (waterfront) I wasn't sure of it. Do you know how far it is from the Sea Bus terminal to Canada Place?

Thank you. We will just have carry-ons and backpacks. (Short cruise) And thanks for the name of the station (waterfront) I wasn't sure of it. Do you know how far it is from the Sea Bus terminal to Canada Place?

As mentioned above, it's less than 400 yards from Waterfront Station (which IS the Seabus terminal, as well as SkyTrain light rail and West Coast Express heavy rail, and also the main pedestrian access route to Helijet from downtown - it's a busy, busy station!)

The internal walk from the actual boat dock to the main concourse of the station involves a long ramp over the railroad tracks which pretty much doubles the distance though - if you have a Longshoremen ID badge you can just walk straight across and into the 'working' level of the pier, about 50 yards, but all of us Joe Q Publics have to basically walk up the length of one pier to then walk to the second and most of the way back down the second one;-) Call it at most a 15min leisurely walk rolling suitcases with padding for pausing a few times to not get lost!

There's no point coming over on cruise day before 9:30am - and depending how many ships are in, it could be after 10am before the longshoremen are ready to accept incoming luggage. This is actually good - you miss most commuter Seabus riders so there will be way more room for your bags and a better chance of getting a window seat to look at the view on the short boat ride. Personally I'd aim to leave North Van 9:45am so that when you arrive at the pier you can drop your carry-on bags and even one backpack as long as you keep all your docs, camera, etc. on you.

Then go sightseeing unencumbered for the rest of the morning and early afternoon - if you leave the stuff that's nearest the pier for embarkation day (Gastown, FlyOverCanada ride, even the closer parts of Stanley Park are quite feasible options) you won't have to worry about traffic delays making you miss the ship so you can shave the margins close to the absolute cutoff time (90mins predeparture) without risk and get the most possible time spent in town.

Another vote for doable with a 4 block luggage drag...

the Seabus ferry will be busy with commuters between 4pm and 6pm if you are arriving in Vancouver late afternoon.

You will have minimal issues for the morning ferry to the cruise terminal.

Normally I recommend the cab, but North Vancouver is premium priced with the bridges... especially with congestion.

Another vote for doable with a 4 block luggage drag...

the Seabus ferry will be busy with commuters between 4pm and 6pm if you are arriving in Vancouver late afternoon.

You will have minimal issues for the morning ferry to the cruise terminal.

Normally I recommend the cab, but North Vancouver is premium priced with the bridges... especially with congestion.

Thank you. Our flight gets in at 1:30 pm, and we will only have carry-on luggage, so we can go right to the train. Is it easy to find? good signage? So, I'd assume the we'll get to the ferry by 3:00 pm.

Thank you. Our flight gets in at 1:30 pm, and we will only have carry-on luggage, so we can go right to the train. Is it easy to find? good signage? So, I'd assume the we'll get to the ferry by 3:00 pm.

Its easy to find - good signs and just outside the doors - just ask someone if need be. Trip takes about 25 minutes.