Tampa hotel with airport and cruise port shuttle

Neachy79

Hi everyone! New here! Or I should say I come here to research but never post. :D

Six of my friends and myself will be taking a cruise out of Tampa in April. I'm looking for a hotel with an airport and cruise port shuttle if possible. Seems like I'm finding one or the other but not both.

I think if we are forced we will do a hotel with a shuttle to the port.

So please give me your Tampa port hotel recommendations!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! TIA!

Hi everyone! New here! Or I should say I come here to research but never post. :D

Six of my friends and myself will be taking a cruise out of Tampa in April. I'm looking for a hotel with an airport and cruise port shuttle if possible. Seems like I'm finding one or the other but not both.

Check some of the hotels in the Rocky Point area. I am not sure about airport pick up but they do have a shuttle to the port...

Welcome to the boards! :D

GTO is correct! Chase Suites, Hampton Inn, and others in the Rocky Point area offer packages including both port and airport shuttles.

Or stay where you want and use Uber - for 7 passengers plus bags you will need two UberXLs or maybe one UberX and one UberXL. Taxi from TPA airport and nearby hotels to the port will run about $25-27+tip (fare covers standard cabs as well as SUV and minivan taxis).

We're coming in to Tampa in Feb for a b2b on the Rhapsody and have a car. We've done this before but I realized my ala carte plans including valet parking were coming to a small fortune so I'm consolidating. Biggest problem is the car to park for 14 nights. I tried the Chase Suites near Rocky Point as suggested as their snooze and cruise was well priced BUT only 7 days parking. We've run into this issue on longer cruises before at various ports and the hotels usually say parking is included for the duration of your cruise. So to be sure I called the Chase Suites and was told we could NOT stay there if we were parking over 7 days. We would be responsible for moving the car. Wow, I would have paid a reasonable amount but politely told no. The Hampton Inn Ybor City has the same program but their lot is evidently not secure and a dirt parking lot so that is totally out. So we're booked in the Embassy Suites for overnight, parking and shuttle to and from the port for $395. We've done the Embassy before and it went OK so OK it is.

If there are any other options I would love to know.

We're coming in to Tampa in Feb for a b2b on the Rhapsody and have a car. We've done this before but I realized my ala carte plans including valet parking were coming to a small fortune so I'm consolidating. Biggest problem is the car to park for 14 nights. I tried the Chase Suites near Rocky Point as suggested as their snooze and cruise was well priced BUT only 7 days parking. We've run into this issue on longer cruises before at various ports and the hotels usually say parking is included for the duration of your cruise. So to be sure I called the Chase Suites and was told we could NOT stay there if we were parking over 7 days. We would be responsible for moving the car. Wow, I would have paid a reasonable amount but politely told no. The Hampton Inn Ybor City has the same program but their lot is evidently not secure and a dirt parking lot so that is totally out. So we're booked in the Embassy Suites for overnight, parking and shuttle to and from the port for $395. We've done the Embassy before and it went OK so OK it is.

If there are any other options I would love to know.

Check hotelnparking.com - if you are not comfortable going through their website to book, you can at least find some places that offer what you are looking for, call them and book direct.

Another site I like to start a search is http://www.parkingstay.com/p/tampa.html - info has not been updated in a while, but it gives you some places to check out.

I like staying at the LaQuinta Grand Regency in Brandon, FL. You can leave your car there after a night's stay for no additional charge, but I don't know if that goes for two weeks - I have left my car while on a 7 night cruise. You can take a taxi/uber to the port of Tampa - about a 15/20 minute drive, and back to the hotel post cruise.

Hyatt Place airport offers free shuttle from the airport and a fee shuttle to/from the pier. The fee pier one will pick you up at the pier and take you either back to their hotel or the airport (most people do this). The price was very reasonable as I recall and the service was great (even the one from the pier to the airport - very quick).

Plus, we liked the hotel and the very good free breakfast.

Another thought - you can stay at the Marriott airport overnight (very close to the baggage area) and then taxi it to the pier - its not very far, maybe 10-15 minutes.

Check hotelnparking.com - if you are not comfortable going through their website to book, you can at least find some places that offer what you are looking for, call them and book direct.

Another site I like to start a search is http://www.parkingstay.com/p/tampa.html - info has not been updated in a while, but it gives you some places to check out.

I like staying at the LaQuinta Grand Regency in Brandon, FL. You can leave your car there after a night's stay for no additional charge, but I don't know if that goes for two weeks - I have left my car while on a 7 night cruise. You can take a taxi/uber to the port of Tampa - about a 15/20 minute drive, and back to the hotel post cruise.

Thank you! I've never heard of those sites so I will definitely check them out.

Thanks everyone!

So I decided it would be more economical with 7 people to take a free shuttle from the airport since we all may have different flights into Tampa and then Uber XL together the next day...likely 2 Uber XLs with luggage.

Has anyone stayed at the AC Hotel by Marriott? It had pretty good reviews and looks like it's close to some nice restaurants. Price wasn't too bad either.