Ultimate Beverage Package

jessandarnie

We will be on Journey next Sunday, and as I am enjoy a variety of wines, I am considering the Ultimate Beverage Package, just a couple of questions if anyone can assist. This is our first cruise with Azamara, we are Elite Plus with Celebrity.

The wine list in the Specialty restaurants (as per website) differ from the Ultimate Pack Wine listing, per glass selection.

is one able to select from the Speciality Wine list? or does one only get the wines on Ultimate Package listing? my reason for asking there does not appear to be the Package listed wines on the Wine list at Speciality restaurant menu.

my partner is not too fussed so will not get Ultimate Package, is it a requirement both to upgrade?

cheers

J & B

We will be on Journey next Sunday, and as I am enjoy a variety of wines, I am considering the Ultimate Beverage Package, just a couple of questions if anyone can assist. This is our first cruise with Azamara, we are Elite Plus with Celebrity.

The wine list in the Specialty restaurants (as per website) differ from the Ultimate Pack Wine listing, per glass selection.

is one able to select from the Speciality Wine list? or does one only get the wines on Ultimate Package listing? my reason for asking there does not appear to be the Package listed wines on the Wine list at Speciality restaurant menu.

my partner is not too fussed so will not get Ultimate Package, is it a requirement both to upgrade?

cheers

J & B

The wines listed on the Package are the same ones that appear on the general bar menu and are the only ones available on the Ultimate Package. Speciality restaurant wine list is different and all the wines listed are chargeable, however if one of the package wines is unavailable then the Sommelier usually substitutes another wine and this may be one from the list.

There’s no problem in only one person in the cabin having a package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If we don’t purchase the Ultimate package and are dining in a speciality restaurant are the daily included wines available or can we bring a bottle of wine into the restaurant & pay a corkage fee?

When we were on the Journey last year, we ate in the specialty restaurants most nights and they always had the included wines available (and even went searching for a previous day's selection when we didn't care for the current one.)

If we don’t purchase the Ultimate package and are dining in a speciality restaurant are the daily included wines available or can we bring a bottle of wine into the restaurant & pay a corkage fee?

Yes, the daily included wines are available in the speciality restaurants and, yes, you may also bring a bottle of wine and pay the corkage fee (which was (and I think still is) $10).

• 4 months later...

Hi all, we too are going on our first Azamara cruise after several on Celebrity. I like the fact that we can bring wine on board. It doesn't seem to specify any limit (other cruises it was one bottle per person). Anyone care to comment on that? (Our cruise is on the French Riviera out of Barcelona)

Also, our cruise comes with a "standard' beverage package. I see that "Ultimate is $21.95 per person per day, so my question is if my current package includes the cheap stuff, and I want to upgrade, do I pay the full cost of the drink or the difference (e.g., let's say my package includes drinks up to $10 and I want a $22 drink, will it cost me $12 or $22?)

1 hour ago, SoCruisey said:

Hi all, we too are going on our first Azamara cruise after several on Celebrity. I like the fact that we can bring wine on board. It doesn't seem to specify any limit (other cruises it was one bottle per person). Anyone care to comment on that? (Our cruise is on the French Riviera out of Barcelona)

Also, our cruise comes with a "standard' beverage package. I see that "Ultimate is $21.95 per person per day, so my question is if my current package includes the cheap stuff, and I want to upgrade, do I pay the full cost of the drink or the difference (e.g., let's say my package includes drinks up to $10 and I want a $22 drink, will it cost me $12 or $22?)

Firstly there is no limit to the wine, or any other drinks, you can bring onboard, other than your ability to carry it! If you drink it in your cabin, there is no charge, but if you want to drink it in a public room there is a corkage charge of $10 a bottle.

Not sure what you mean by ‘standard’ drinks package. Basically you get a good range of included drinks in the standard fare for the cruise (see https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages ). In addition there are two packages you can buy that give you a wider range of drinks, the ‘premium’ package at $15.95 a day and the ‘ultimate’ package at $21.95 a day. 

It’s also the case that you can buy individual drinks onboard which may be better value, depending on how often you want to drink things that are not in either in the complimentary drinks list,or in the premium drinks list.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

Thanks Grandma Cruising!  

I asked my travel agent and she said that it was limited to 2 bottles per stateroom, like Celebrity. I told her I couldn't find any evidence of this. Mainly I don't want to get embarrassed at check in. I'm not trying to beat the system, we simply like our own wines better. 

Can anyone comment on whether they have successfully brought on more that 2 bottles? (We sail out of Barcelona; are some ports tighter than others?)

You can bring as much as you can carry. In fact once we were in Athens on the Quest a woman ahead of us had just shopped at the Duty Free shop on the pier. She had so much liquor and carry on luggage that she had difficulty navigating the gang plank, so one of the Azamara security staff helped her carry her packages onto the ship.

Edited by BillC

1 hour ago, SoCruisey said:

Thanks Grandma Cruising!  

I asked my travel agent and she said that it was limited to 2 bottles per stateroom, like Celebrity. I told her I couldn't find any evidence of this. Mainly I don't want to get embarrassed at check in. I'm not trying to beat the system, we simply like our own wines better. 

Can anyone comment on whether they have successfully brought on more that 2 bottles? (We sail out of Barcelona; are some ports tighter than others?)

As I said in my earlier email no issues. I boarded this cruise in Barcelona and someone dropping luggage off had a crate of wine they checked on. 

Its disappointing when agents don’t know the product and give guests wrong information - you need to correct her! 

We just returned from the Journey and had the Ultimate Beverage Package and plan to have on our next Azamara cruise in August.  There are not a lot of choices like on Celebrity but we found the sparking wine/champagne choices all excellent and they had an excellent dry rose (Whispering Ange).  However was disappointed in only 1 chardonnay choice and wasn't an upgrade and fairly inexpensive.  When ordering a drink be sure to let bartender know you have Ultimate Beverage Package or they will pour house spirits which is to be expected.  So overall good just wish they had a better chardonnay.  Enjoy!

Art

On 12/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, SoCruisey said:

If you can drink your own wines for only a $10 corkage fee, that would beat any cruise line bottle discount offer.  Also, on a sea day, drinking your own wine on the balcony at only the price you paid at the liquor or beer & wine store is great too.  I have no plans to use any OBC on wine or drink packages.  If your cruise is French Riviera, you can get great wines there.

10 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Drinking wine that has cost you nothing except the cruise price is even better!

I know you have to go and fetch it if you want to drink in your cabin, but you’re never far from a bar on Azamara.

Do I have to show my room key to receive an “included” beverage at a bar?  

If I go to fetch a glass of wine to take back to the room can I get two glasses of wine and/or a generous pour?

Good morning, I am sailing with Azamara for the 1st time too.  I clicked on that link above and have a question...the page for the link has different categories and so it shows what is available......under soda (which I don't drink a lot) but it only has 3 choices, coke, diet and Sprite.  So, if I prefer Ginger Ale that is extra?  I guess I should have asked, anything NOT listed on the choices would be extra $?  I enjoy an after dinner drink, Frangelica, Bailey's, etc...…….these types of spirits are not part of the "included spirits"? I would need to upgrade to a higher package or just buy it individually?

Ginger ale is included, although not shown, as is Tonic Water. However if spirits are not on the list, then they are not included. If you like a spirit that’s not on the included drinks, you have a choice to either buy one of the two beverage packages, or just to buy drinks as you go along. It depends how many non-included drinks you’re likely to drink as to which is better value.

You could also consider one of the ‘Experience More’ packages which can be good value, especially if you have no OBC, depending on the length of your cruise and whether you would be likely to buy a WiFi package (which is $19.95 a day for the whole cruise for one device).

This page has a link to the ‘Experience More’ packages and to the two beverage packages.  https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2018 at 11:05 AM, uktog said:

As I said in my earlier email no issues. I boarded this cruise in Barcelona and someone dropping luggage off had a crate of wine they checked on. 

Its disappointing when agents don’t know the product and give guests wrong information - you need to correct her! 

Azamara got it right!  I think more cruise lines should allow you to bring on what you wish especially if they have beverage package included and have reasonable corkage fee for public areas.  I see this as cost saving for cruise lines as they would serve less of included beverages.  Don't know of many people who use in room beverages if they have beverage package.

Art

2 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Ginger ale is included, although not shown, as is Tonic Water. However if spirits are not on the list, then they are not included. If you like a spirit that’s not on the included drinks, you have a choice to either buy one of the two beverage packages, or just to buy drinks as you go along. It depends how many non-included drinks you’re likely to drink as to which is better value.

You could also consider one of the ‘Experience More’ packages which can be good value, especially if you have no OBC, depending on the length of your cruise and whether you would be likely to buy a WiFi package (which is $19.95 a day for the whole cruise for one device).

This page has a link to the ‘Experience More’ packages and to the two beverage packages.  https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages

Thank you for the informative reply. I appreciate it.  I will look at The Experience More packages......so it varies from 600.00 up to 1400.00 depending on what you are looking for...….

I think I would be better off just paying for the upgrade to the Ultimate Package. It is less than 250.00 to get that one and offers many, many more choices.  

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thank you for the informative reply. I appreciate it.  I will look at The Experience More packages......so it varies from 600.00 up to 1400.00 depending on what you are looking for:classic_wacko:

Yes, and the value depends on what you want. We bought the Essential package for our cruise next July which is 17 days. The package cost us $600. For that we get £300 OBC for excursions and have already booked excursions on our cruise. We also get the WiFi package which would cost us $339, so it’s already saved us $39 in total and  we get the premium drinks package thrown in! We think that’s good value.

Hi, I think the best thing for me would be to just pay for the Ultimate Package....11 nights is less than 250.00.  I don't have any onboard credit and don't care about Wi-Fi. 

Be careful buying the bundled packages.  We bought the top package but were on a cruise where two of our ports were cancelled and in a third the excursion was cancelled due to low demand.  The land discoveries credits come back as non refundable on board credit in these circumstances so if you are not able to book other excursions or find a way to use the credit (we really really struggled) you lose it all.