Alsun Suggestion Newbies thread

procter

Have followed this original Alsun thread with great interest and I think her suggestion of a meeting for "newbies" is a great idea that could be taken up by the ships.

There would be no need to go to the expense of drinks/snacks but just a meeting with some officers present i.e Food Bev, Hotel Director possibly Housekeeping just to welcome "newbies" .

What would be your tips.

One would be not to tell them about deck11 by the air con units for a lovely breeze.

The other would be Prime C bar if you just wanted a quiet drink before dinner.

I am always reminded of the English rugby player who said

I always have 2 or 3 quiet pints after a match and then have another 6 noisy ones!!!

Time for Spirits bar I think

Alsun's suggestion (like her post) is wonderful.

There's a reset area (to left of entrance and past the large dining table) in the Living Room that would be ideal. Near the tapas bar, close to the window.

Cruise personnel would have an idea of how many first time travellers were sailing and 'usual' participation rate for these types of events. For overflow, suggest the large dining table area as well.

It is a good idea. What complicates it is that there could be 300-400 new folks on a cruise, and the only place to hold that many is the Cabaret. A short presentation on "ten tips to make the most of your cruise" (e.g., specialty dining reservation desk; pre-dinner tapas; The Patio dinner menu; self-serve laundry; Mosaic coffees; included beverages; room service menus; etc.) would be very helpful.

If a meeting is not practical, perhaps a one-page welcome hand-out with useful tips given to first-timers at check-in or in their staterooms would be a thought.

It is a good idea. What complicates it is that there could be 300-400 new folks on a cruise, and the only place to hold that many is the Cabaret. A short presentation on "ten tips to make the most of your cruise" (e.g., specialty dining reservation desk; pre-dinner tapas; The Patio dinner menu; self-serve laundry; Mosaic coffees; included beverages; room service menus; etc.) would be very helpful.

If a meeting is not practical, perhaps a one-page welcome hand-out with useful tips given to first-timers at check-in or in their staterooms would be a thought.

I like the idea of a one-page handout or even a video, available online, for viewing. I probably wouldn't attend a presentation on our first cruise, but I would watch a video on youtube.

A single page of tips would be perfect.

Perhaps if the regulars on Azamara could post their tips here, proctor could include them all in the first post & once it has a reasonable amount of tips on it it could become sticky.

We're on the Pursuit on Sept 29th & learnt a lot from Alsuns thread & little things like knowing about the White night prepares you & makes it so much more enjoyable.

Gary & Mo.

Perth, Australia.

I’ve found out that we can have a ‘sticky’ thread of tips for Azamara newbies, but as Host for Azamara threads I have to start it. Rather than me making a list and adding to that list, it has to be a thread that people can add to, like the cabin ‘sticky’.

I will start a thread with a few of my tips, please add more posts!

Sent from my iPad using Forums