Live - Pursuit, Norway 1-13 August (Maiden Voyage)

Alsun

Just one more night to go before we embark on Pursuit's Maiden Voyage to Norway!

Looking very much forward to this cruise, also because it will be our first cruise ever. Expectations are high ;)

Am starting this live thread partly because I enjoy reading other live threads on CC - so want to share back our experiences/thoughts on Azamara & partly because it would be a sort of travel diary.

I hope to post something every day, but it will be depending on wifi /mobile signal/internet connection/availability. Also, I will be using phone/iPad, so apologies in advance for any typos!

I know that AllisonJames will be sharing photos on Twitter, so I am not sure how many photos of Pursuit herself I will post, but I am a big foodie, so expect to see (some) food photos :D

Lastly, I write "I" as I expect that I will do the majority of the posts) but there will be two of us on this holiday: me (S) and him (A), both in our 40's, from the UK.

Edited by Alsun

Yay! Can't wait! And thanks for taking time out of your vacation to share with those who can't be there. Or like me, have a few months to wait to see her.

Oh....and have a GREAT trip!

Edited by Zoey
Left something out.

Sorry, here is the itinerary again. Switched to tapatalk as realise that sometimes photos are not visible if not opened via cc app or logged in.

Hoping it will now work....4b097a9dd59648043e32ac56d7c37aae.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

We have lovely American friends on this voyage. Say hello to Bill and David if you see them around - they are great company. Hope everyone has a wonderful, memorable cruise on the Maiden and that you have smooth seas throughout.

Looking forward to reading your posts Alsun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have lovely American friends on this voyage. Say hello to Bill and David if you see them around - they are great company. Hope everyone has a wonderful, memorable cruise on the Maiden and that you have smooth seas throughout.

Looking forward to reading your posts Alsun.

same for me Bill and David are lovely. Annelies

Thank you Alsun for starting this thread. I too look forward to following along with you on our Pursuit's maiden voyage!

[A special Hello to Annelies, aka Spikkel! You were very kind when I became unexpectedly ill in Hanoi last year. Thank you :*. ]

Hello everyone—we’re in Bournemouth today where we had an absolutely gorgeous day on the beach and now are anxiously awaiting embarkation tomorrow and hoping the weather holds for a fabulous sail away! Follow me on Twitter @eileenpmoran (Allison and James are actually the names of our children!)

I know that AllisonJames will be sharing photos on Twitter, so I am not sure how many photos of Pursuit herself I will post, but I am a big foodie, so expect to see (some) food photos :D

Food photos would be awesome!

It's one of the things I most daydream about for our next Azamara cruise, and it seems that too few food photos are shared on here.

Have a fantastic cruise.

Today is the day!

Woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep, probably the excitement [emoji4]

Thank you all for your replies/comments. As part of our cruise preparation I really enjoyed reading CC and found/received a lot of useful information. I do hope that this thread will in turn be of use to others.

It was especially good to read all the positive feedback from Pursuit's ship visits these last few days. Of course, this being our first cruise, we won't have any experience to compare with but it does make us feel that we made a good choice!

Am now going to doublecheck our luggage (am sure we over packed but then it is difficult to plan for the Norwegian weather) and paperwork. Have only already checked three times whether I have my passport!

Will post more once we are in Southampton and/or on board of Pursuit.

(We're hoping that rooms will be available fairly early - guess the advantage of a Maiden voyage is that there is no turn-around-day)

Hi Alsun

Thank you for taking us along with you on your first cruise. We will be on her in October and it cannot come soon enough!

. I have noticed that you will be calling in to Kristiansand. I don`t know if you have plans in that port but the last time we were there we went to this place

https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/southern-norway/kristiansand/listings-kristiansand/the-archive-foundation-ww2-gestapo-headquarters/86305/

I do so recommend it. I learned so much. It is within walking distance of the port and there is usually a very good tourist desk on the dock who would be only too pleased to give you directions.

Have a fabulous cruise. It`s a fun company to sail with.

Chris

Glad to hear you’re onboard and settling in. Now the embargo is lifted I’ve posted my photos from yesterday on a separate thread on the Azamara board if anyone else following along is keen to see them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

First food photo, lunch at Windows [emoji4]

It is getting a bit busier now, a steady stream of passengers boarding. So far the only children we have seen were Captain Carl's 2 boys! (Accompanied by himself)

We did spent some time in the queue to book reservations at the speciality restaurants but managed to make reservations for the evenings we wanted, including one Chef's table!

Also met our cabin steward, Akilesh who has been with AZ for 10 years.

All staff we met so far are extremely friendly, everytime welcoming us on board and wishing us a nice journey.

After lunch we will see if the rest of our luggage has arrived yet (still waiting for 1 suitcase) and explore a bit until muster etc.

Am also including photos from the Insider with today's Events. 9c2fc56e2d4449b02b8b0e1ddf3f313a.jpg332867f7012bec7f0fa775e133258754.jpg4c8adcd2526274b50e2ca3a1627b171e.jpg4094b2561b561804134e164f296f040e.jpge3b573c8c4e638acf2936eab12c7c023.jpg1c3ae4e839f92d98cc792755de45bb3a.jpg