[Dream Cruise Line] Everything Genting Dream PART II

FreestyleNovice

The previous thread got somehow deleted and nobody at CC seems to care, so here's another take on the build and features of Genting Dream.

Currently under construction in Germany, a NCL Breakaway class vessel but purpose built for the Asian market. A new subsidiary from Star Cruises was established; Dream Cruise Line (let's hope the CC ban on those words/their url is gone after a few unanswered emails about it...).

Genting Dream will set sail in November 2016!

A difference with NCL's Breakaway class (Breakaway and Getaway) is that Genting Dream seems to have a walkway from the forward part of the Waterfront;

http:// .. /wp-content/uploads/2015/10/header-revised-Apr52.png

dream cruise line dot com

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Meyer Werft wrote on their Facebook page that after float out of Ovation out of the large building hall the structural work (merging of the megablocks and normal blocks as pictured above) of Genting Dream has been completed in just 56 days!

Wow. Great planning and engineering!

A render from Meyer Werft

S711_HULL_RENDER_W466.jpg

Without the hull art, but showing the ramp/walkway to the Waterfront. Barely visible but it connects the life boat deck just above the "DREAM" part of her name and goes slightly up to the Waterfront.

edit;

b083fe955aa1185d625b05.jpg

Edited by FreestyleNovice

I don't understand why they will delete the thread cos of the words Dream Cruise Line??? Argh..

Other than that, its really close to completion and I can't wait to see this ship when its done! That hull art that is going to be better than NCL's art. But to each his own. Colourful, and rather artistic as well. I wonder who paints the hull art? Meyer?

I'm not sure if they will do a repositioning cruise from Germany or Barcelona like the Ovation through the Suez Canal for paying passengers but it seems their first cruise start in India, before cruising to colombo and then straight to Singapore. No port stops. Probably ironing, and training crew members. Then its a 2 night High Seas round trip from Singapore, before a 7 night to Hong Kong via Vietnam.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive

You're welcome, glad to see someone posting heh! Yeah it's sad it got deleted, not sure why. Also never had any replies to emails asking to change the thread title, lift the Dream url ban/censorship.. oh well.. ;) Glad you joined the party, I am really curious what Genting will do with her outbound cruise(s)!