Informaiton about the Jewel of the Seas

Wife and I were in grand suite 1600 on Serenade last year to Norway. We’re in the same suite on jewel later this year. We never heard anything from the windjammer either early or late but maybe we’re not light sleepers. Serenade was fab and jewel will be the same I’m sure. Found the shape of the room fine and it does seem to be slighter bigger than the standard grand suites on the ship. However you only have a single set of balcony windows/door unlike the other ones who have more glazing. One benefit is if you book a suite you get access to the concierge lounge on I think it’s deck 12. It has outdoor seating and a lovely view unlike some of the other lounges which have no windows and are located on deck 9.

• 1 month later...
We had 9256 on our Western Med cruise and it was amazing! Quiet and the balcony is huge! Jewel is a great size ship and has an outdoor area at the Windjammer which is great.

Any noise from the Centrum area? Does the music "flow upwards"??

I booked cabin 1554 for a Mediterranean cruise next year and our friends cabin 1526. I hope the Windjammer noise is not as bad as they say.

Hi,

We're just off Jewel OTS after it's TA in May '18, and we had cabin 1528, because it's at the front of the ship, we heard no noise from above, during our 14 night cruise, and it's very close to the front elevators.

We stayed in cabin 1094 on the November TA on Jewel and that was excessively noisy, we had carts trundling all day & night, to the extent I eventually went to guest services, and they moved us to cabin 1054, which is opposite cabin 1554, and we heard no noise then. The Windjammer closed every night at 9pm apart from people getting access to tea & coffee machines in an area outside the windjammer, but it was covered. Our friends had 1100 & 1102 on our May TA and they were never bothered by noise nor soot during our crossing.

The staff on the ship are great and help to make a great cruise.