Live: Amazon River, Caribbean, Many Pix’s, Terry/Ohio

TLCOhio

At the top of these boards, it says “write a review”, so here goes, again, in live, blogging style. Later, you can see links to our last three cruise blogs. One is over 193,000 views from the Med/Italy, while the July 2010 Norway coast review is at nearly 170,000 views. Our early 2014 Australia-New Zealand-Hawaii adventure is approaching 100,000 views. It seems that the visuals make a big, interesting difference, sharing the beauty and drama from these wonderful areas. Tell me what you like, any questions, suggestions, etc.

Our past cruising?: We have done just five cruises. Late June 2006 on 204-passenger Seabourn Spirit, Athens to Istanbul, enjoying these Greek-Turkish areas. Late July 2008 on the 940-passenger Crystal Symphony, Dover to Stockholm, for the Baltics and Russia. July 2010 on the 296-passenger Silver Cloud from Copenhagen seeing the dramatic Norway coast, above the Arctic Circle, Land of the Midnight Sun, etc. June, 2011 from Barcelona for Italy, the Croatian Coast on this same 2850-passenger Celebrity Solstice that we used for two weeks from Sydney to Auckland. All four lines are different and excellent with great service, fellow passengers, staff, etc. What’s best? The honest answer is . . . “It depends!!!”. Ports, schedules, timing and prices vary much, especially right now with this economy, high airlines costs, etc.

OVERALL SCHEDULE/PLAN:

For these twenty-six total days of sailing, it is two different cruises, back-to-back, same ship and room. Departed Saturday, Jan. 24, Columbus to Atlanta to Barbados via Delta, missing the air security mess there that hit in the afternoon. Then, it was Jan. 25, Sunday, Bridgetown, Barbados, boarding the ship a little after 2 pm with an 11 pm sailing out time.

Jan. 26: Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, 8 am-11 pm

Jan. 27: St. George's, Grenada, 7 am-4 pm

Jan. 28: Sea Day, sailing south

Jan. 29: Devil’s Island, French Guiana, 1-6 pm

Jan. 30: Sea Day, sailing south

Jan. 31: Macapa, Brazil, 7-10 am to start up Amazon River.

Feb. 1: Santarem, Brazil, 8 am-7 pm

Feb. 2: Boca da Valeria, Brazil, 8 am-5 pm

Feb. 3-5: Manaus, Brazil, 1 pm arrive. On Feb. 5, 6 pm departure

Feb. 6: Parintins, Brazil, Noon-7 pm

Feb. 7: Alter do Chao, Brazil, 8:00 am-1:00 PM

Feb. 8: Macapa, Brazil, 11:30 am-1 pm

Feb. 9 & 10: Sea Days, sailing north

Feb. 11, Wednesday, arrive 5 am at Bridgetown, Barbados

Barbados to San Juan, PR, nine days:

Feb. 11: Bridgetown, Barbados, 7 pm depart

Feb. 12: Sea Day, sailing southwest

Feb. 13: Willemstad, Curacao, 8 am-11 pm

Feb. 14: Oranjestad, Aruba, 8 am-11 pm

Feb. 15: Kralendijk, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles, 8 am-6 pm

Feb. 16: Sea Day sailing north east

Feb. 17: Roseau, Dominica, 8 am-6 pm

Feb. 18: Gustavia, St. Barts, 8 am arrive, next morning 6:30 am depart

Feb. 19: Philipsburg, St. Maarten, Neth. Antilles, 9 am-5 pm

Feb. 20, Friday: 7 am arrive, depart ship at San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Feb. 23, Monday: Depart by air from San Juan to Columbus.

We had a super lovely day BOTH on Barbados and to start our Amazon River-Caribbean combo adventure on the Silversea Silver Cloud. WOW in so many different ways!!

Below are just a few of my quick visual samples as "evidence". Got to have PROOF in today's world, right? We are having a busy period today in Bequia/St. Vincent & the Grenadines. Then, tomorrow, it will be St. George's, Grenada, with a seven-hour “research” project involving spices, nutmeg and rum. It’s a tough “job” and somebody has to do this type of “work” in an environment that is sunny, warm and super pleasant.

The quick ship report is that there are only 179 passengers are on-board for this 17-day sailing with three island stops on the way to and 900 miles up the famed Amazon River. Then, back along this famed waterway and returning to Barbados on Feb. 11. That follows with a nine-day Caribbean cruise on this same ship.

Lots of super nice passengers on this ship and cruise. The two biggest groups of passengers are from the USA and the UK. Compared to the potential ship maximum capacity of 296 passengers, the crew of 222 will be able to give us great service and attention. We have felt and experience that wonderful level of friendly attention in just our short time time yesterday and today.

The Internet sign-on worked very well. When I was up early morning, the crew were around polishing things up, getting the pool filed, etc.

Here was the lead headline in our Columbus newspaper this morning: "Falling snow, temperatures make roads slippery, delaying classes" with these details: "As snow blanketed central Ohio early today, temperatures were falling well below freezing, making roads treacherous and prompting many school districts to delay the start of Monday classes." Are we in the right place now?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 95,241 views for this posting.

Here is the exterior view of our ship, the Silversea Silver Cloud. It is tendered nearby to Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines. Notice the large cloud hanging above the ship in this scenic location?:

Jan15SCStartA10_zpst7d7spih.jpg

When we arrived Saturday in Barbados, this was the scenic beach and sunset view near our hotel. Look good? Like being the Caribbean for the first time?:

Jan15SCStartA17_zpsy9gbilmw.jpg

Before boarding the ship, we did a three-hour private tour with Barbados cab driver. He took us to the top of the island where the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea met. Is this dramatic?:

Jan15SCStartA18_zps3ohbqq6l.jpg

For our Sunday departure, Barbados was busy with five ships in port, including three very large ships. Below shows the rainbow, the Celebrity 2,850 passenger docked next our much smaller ship, etc. It's fun doing these sail-away to start new adventures!:

Jan15SCStartA28_zps9nlve1kc.jpg

During our Sunday tour of Barbados, here are two examples of the shopping options available. Nothing hit my eye or wallet that really needed to be purchased. Got to save money for more shore excursions!!:

Jan15SCStartA26_zpsmj4lkrxx.jpg

Jan15SCStartA19_zpsg2pxa273.jpg

From our shore excursion in Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, we did a sailing “adventure”. There were 26 of us from the ship with many wonderful options, including seeing more of these islands, doing snorkeling on the reef areas with colorful fish, sailing near massive rock formations, lunch on the beach, etc.

Our beach home for part of this shore trip was Princess Margaret Beach. As the pictures below show, it was very scenic, not crowded, etc. The weather? Perfect!! About 84F with a nice breeze, etc. Could things be better, especially compared to the bad storms that hit Ohio, plus what is heading towards the USA's Northeast? You can answer that easy question!!

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 169,840 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Our sailing day samples, proof for the nice weather, sunshine, fun, etc.!:

Jan15SCStartA14_zpsof6lhlkj.jpg

Jan15SCStartA12_zpslsvneohv.jpg

Jan15SCStartA9_zpsrsbju9et.jpg

Jan15SCStartA8_zpsml0rji42.jpg

Jan15SCStartA11_zpsexb1gjnz.jpg

Jan15SCStartA7_zpsjwommo9i.jpg

Did they feed us on this ship for our first night here? Here is a little sampling from that first night in the main dining room. Was it good? Service? Yes, yes! Both excellent.

More on Barbados to come!!

Let me know any questions, special requests, etc.

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 95,241 views for this posting.

Here are a few visual samples with a special; shrimp first course, bread, excellent wine wine from Chile, our pre-main course treat with wonderful Italian style and taste, dessert, etc. Get the idea that things were good? The staff were extreme responsive, helpful, friendly, etc. Got to get ready now for dinning tonight. More pictures and details in the coming days:

Jan15SCStartA1_zpsb4x16vdq.jpg

Jan15SCStartA15_zpsnbcwewnk.jpg

Jan15SCStartA3_zpsj0pbtmnj.jpg

Jan15SCStartA2_zpsx4kqj8yu.jpg

Jan15SCStartA16_zpsbdpb8xdx.jpg

Thanks for starting this, Terry! Looks like you're having a great time and especially looking forward to the Amazon portion of your adventure.

It was a high of 18 degrees here in Albany today. The snow is starting; total accumulation is hard to predict. I'll send you a picture - maybe tomorrow? Wouldn't want you to miss out on all of the fun!

Hi Terry,

Great to see you up and running on another great trip! We had a wonderful 4 weeks down under doing many of the ports you went to in NZ. Did the bridge climb in Sydney after seeing your pictures and reviews and it was an incredible experience. We even managed to get the Celeb Solstice in the background! Planning our next big trip to the Far East later this year but will enjoy following your trip during the snow and freezing temperatures in Scotland!

Have a great time!

David and Kaye

Lovely start. And enjoying the picture. We have been to that exact spot in Barbados---except we took our lives into our hands and drove ourselves around the island.

Appreciate all of these nice comments and follow-ups. YES, for RachelG, we felt very fortunate to have our driver, and a good one, for this great introduction to Barbados. With its population of 280,000, it has a fairly large-sized number of people for its land size. By going all along that Caribbean side up, north, up to the top of the island gave us a wonderful sampling in a fairly reasonable period of time. We will still have many potentials to consider for our full day on Feb. 11 to do more on Barbados. Part of the "fun" and interest on this island is its long, long history, especially involving the British.

Our ship is docking right now in St. George's, Grenada. It will be a busy, busy day with our seven-hour ship tour, seeing the various spice and local stops/sights. Our ship departs at 4 pm, so not much time for independent exploring. That's fine, however, as we will have many other such opportunities at other, future Caribbean islands to check out shops, etc.

Tomorrow is a sea day and that will allow more "catching-up" with added photos, details, etc. Dinner last night in the Italian-theme dining location. Good food, but not quite up as high in service and quality compared to our first night in the main dining room. BUT, lots more time to sample and test the various ship options. Had a nice magic-and-Hollywood performer in the theater last night. Worked well. Pictures to follow.

Below is a picture from our stop at Barbados' oldest church, St. James. They were have a service this Sunday morning and their organ music/signing was magic and very moving from being outside and walking these historic grounds. St. James Parish Church, is located in Holetown, St. James, Barbados. It stands on one of the oldest parcels of consecrated land on the island, often called in Barbados as "God's acre". The first settlers landed on the island on February 17, 1627 at Holetown not far from the site where the church was eventually built. In 1628, the settlers constructed a wooden building on this site. After nearly 200 years the walls of the original stone building began to decay and were partly demolished and replaced by a larger, more substantial structure in 1874. Except for the sanctuary and north porch, added in 1900s, this is substantially the building still in use today.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 46,659 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Here are a few more visuals samples from our three-hour private tour around Barbados. This includes their Parliament building in main downtown, my wife loving this stop at one of their top beaches, visiting their historic St. James church, going through one of their older towns along the coast, and driving around Sandy Lane with their seal and main gate shown. Sandy Lane is the top local hotel (priced accordingly out our financial league). Saw their golf course, fancy clubhouse dining with its spectacular views, etc. Sandy Hill is where Tiger Woods got married, plus is home to many top, high-end visitors. It is now owned by five Irish businessmen. Looked lovely!! Lots of nice homes in this and many other areas of Barbados.:

Jan15SCStartA20_zpsfnqiknki.jpg

Jan15SCStartA21_zpsqwwe5utx.jpg

Jan15SCStartA24_zps8jpsbxj6.jpg

Jan15SCStartA25_zpsqxghrlxl.jpg

Jan15SCStartA23_zps6hlfq9oj.jpg

Jan15SCStartA22_zpss5xzcmgr.jpg

Terry, really enjoyed your West coast pictures and St James ......

When you are next in Barbados early February, you might like to have a cocktail or three at Sandy Lane. Sandy Lane is the next bay up from Paynes and if they still use the same cocktail manual the Planters should be identical to the SS Planters if they are sticking to recipe, We use to wander up the beach to Sandy Lane for our evening drinks from the place we use to rent - Old Trees - in Paynes Bay. The head barman was trained at the Playboy Club in Park Lane and both places were happy to teach me their Planters. That was then incorporated via me into the SS cocktail manual. So for one short time you could be sure of the same cocktail albeit with time lapse, in all three places. :eek:

Wifey and I were told that they would continue to welcome us at the Sandy Lane as long as we didn't bring the house guard dog with us who insisted on following us everywhere. He considered himself the senior house guard dog, he was very old and very very big, but sadly use to mark his territory by urinating on everyones bags and towels one after the other when Sandy Lane residents were on the loungers. I was once accosted by a now sadly deceased film director who loved the old Sandy Lane and who shouted at me "Oy you, your dog has just pissed all over my stuff" and I was able to reply in true Clouseau fashion, " But sir, he isn't my dog". The dog standing on it's hind legs and with his paws on wifey's shoulders was some bit taller than her, his name was Caribbee and he wasn't about to take instructions from me about where he could and couldn't go ..... and pee. He always use to seem to know when we were taking the mini moke out for a drive and would be sitting there patiently in the back seat and nothing would get him out.

:D

I'm so much looking forward to being with you through your great adventure ....

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Appreciate these wonderful, added details and tips from Jeff for Barbados. Just finished a wonderful breakfast served in our room.

In checking the weather, it is now 7F in Columbus. Then, I looked more at the national pictures. From AccuWeather, they said this: "An all-out blizzard will slam Long Island and New England into Tuesday, bringing many communities to a standstill. Flight cancellations are mounting and travel bans and state of emergencies have been issued due to the blizzard that will halt travel, cut power and endanger anyone who ventures out into the storm."

Wow!! Really glad that we here in the Caribbean and not in the NE United States.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 26,134 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

Here are some more of the shopping items we found at our stop at the top of Barbados. Really gives that "island flavor"!:

Jan15SCStartA27_zpsjpeilwmp.jpg

----------. We will still have many potentials to consider for our full day on Feb. 11 to do more on Barbados. Part of the "fun" and interest on this island is its long, long history, especially involving the British.

We seriously considered a cricket match- we got as far as looking on the Internet for a game. Sadly the Test match involving the West Indies had finished the previous week. DH had to make do with a post card of the ' Barbados Oval,' which he found in a bar opposite the church.

Edited by upwarduk

Thank you for taking us along on your trip. We did the same itinerary on the Cloud in 2012 and the ship was full. I'm surprised to hear that you only have 179 passengers on board.

When you return to Barbados, you might want to consider taking a drive over to Bathsheba beach if you didn't get the opportunity to see it this time. The Atlantic coast is rugged and beautiful.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

which accompanies the pictures of the WARM weather! It's still chilly here in south Florida.

Thanks for keeping us all up to speed on your trip.

I still have houseguests who were stranded due to Juno, the blizzard named after an ancient roman goddess who was the special counselor and protector of state. Seems like a misnomer to me!

(Houseguests just came back from many of the same islands you are visiting. They were on MV Ponant. Loved it. Only 30 pax and 60 crew)

Glad you missed the storm!

Thank you for taking us along on your trip. We did the same itinerary on the Cloud in 2012 and the ship was full. I'm surprised to hear that you only have 179 passengers on board. When you return to Barbados, you might want to consider taking a drive over to Bathsheba beach if you didn't get the opportunity to see it this time. The Atlantic coast is rugged and beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Appreciate these added tips, suggestions and comments! So nice to have others following along, offering kind wishes, etc.

To start our third day of cruising, there is so, so much wonderful to share from yesterday in Granada, our dinner and show last night, etc. And, the pictures? So many exciting visuals to share. If you are not liking these visuals from yesterday, we'll be happy to refund your money, double! What was not to like about yesterday. Hopefully, my pictures will prove it!

Grenada was where we did a ship tour called "Around The Isle of Spice" (GND-A1) that was seven hours and departed a little early at 8:00 am. Had a wonderful breakfast in our room served promptly at exactly 7 am by Nixon, our super Butler, Nixon. When we landed at their capital of St. Georges, there were 19 of us from the Silver Cloud doing a circling of the "Isle of Spice". Fortunately, I had the front seat, next to the driver who was expert with these curving, hilly roads. It was somewhat of a long journey with lots of bus riding, but it gave us an excellent sampling of the splendid beauty, vistas and historic estates here on this island. Our excursion explores the Dougaldston Estate, Gouyave Nutmeg Factory, 'Carib Leap', the 18th-century River Antoine Rum Distillery and Grand Etang, a volcanic lake.

From Frommers, they summarize well on this charming island: "The southernmost nation of the Windward Islands, Grenada (Gre-nay-dah) is one of the lushest islands in the Caribbean. With its gentle climate and extravagantly fertile volcanic soil, it's one of the largest producers of spices in the Western Hemisphere. There's a lot of very appealing local color on Grenada, particularly since the political troubles of the 1980s seem, at least for the moment, to have ended. There are beautiful white-sand beaches, and the populace (a mixture of English expatriates and islanders of African descent) is friendly. Once a British Crown Colony but now independent. Grenada's capital, St. George's, is one of the most charming towns in the Caribbean. "

From the Cruise Critic website, they offer this sampling of its history/background: "To the uninitiated, the Southern Caribbean island of Grenada is better known for its political history -- U.S. troops intervened in a coup during President Reagan's administration, at the time a controversial volley in the Cold War -- than it is for being a vacation paradise. But, for the tourists pouring in through the island's increasing cruise business (on a recent day, five ships were docked at the capital of St. George's) to explore its numerous beaches or hike its mountainous rain forests, such associations belong in the past. So, too, does Hurricane Ivan, which damaged 90 percent of Grenada's buildings, destroyed 85 percent of its nutmeg trees and left more than half the population homeless in September 2004. While you'll still see some lingering effects as you tour around the island -- churches without roofs, homes still being rebuilt -- St. George's is as colorful and charming as ever, and most restaurants, tourist attractions and hotels are back in business -- in many cases refurbished and looking even better than they did before."

The sail-away was a little before 4 pm from their scenic harbor here. Then, a 7 pm Captain's welcome and the first formal night in the main dining room. The food? You will see the pictures soon. After a Monday dinner in the Italian speciality location that was "good", but not great, things were super in the "excellent groove" for the dining quality. Wonderful dining fun, including being joined by Christine and Mark, from Philadelphia area (Bucks County).

Then, it was 10 pm show-time with the "Singers of Silversea"!! During our first shore tour, we met one of the six young singers in this group. Before the Captain's brief program, I had a chance to chat in detail with another of these fine voices. I will share more later for the switch to this type of entertainment.

This morning with the copy of USA Today printed out on the ship, the big, BIG headline is "Blizzard Pounds New England". They noted in the sub-head that Philadelphia and New York City got hit, but not as bad as had been predicted. BUT, for parts of Long Island, Conn, R.I, Mass., Maine, it was really, really bad. Very fortunate to be here enjoying the sun and fun!!

We are on our way to famed Devil's Island. It will be a busy sea-day with two different lectures by our two on-ship experts. Have met and talked with both of them. Very nice, friendly and approachable. One talk this morning will be on Devil's Island, its history, etc. Then, the second on . . . PIRATES!! On this discussion, we'll get lots of details for our two grandsons in Charlottesville, Va. They love stories and details about pirates. Especially from here in the Caribbean.

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 22,556 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

Here is a sampling for some of the initial sites as we traveled north from the port/capital. Notice the lush, green views? Second is a sample of the shore fishing action as people from the village there pull in the nets. Next, our excellent guide, Bertrand Antoine, who had the perfect island voice/style, plus lots of details, personality and sharing skills, took us to an old estate. He gave us background for the various spices and items from this island. Below you can see certain of the examples as he share more for how these are produced, processed. He passed around samples so that we could smell and feel these unique items. He also told us about the flag for Grenada, its color and design, etc.:

Jan15SCStartA39_zpsae3gnyiq.jpg

Jan15SCStartA34_zpsovcamo0i.jpg

Jan15SCStartA35_zpsecs1opkz.jpg

Jan15SCStartA36_zpsxsjovacv.jpg

Jan15SCStartA37_zpso4zlk2ug.jpg

Jan15SCStartA38_zpse4xet5el.jpg

Here is the next group of visuals from yesterday. More will be coming after we do breakfast in the main dining room and the 10 am program on what we will see on Devil's Island, its unique history and background. His title is something like "Hell in Paradise"!

Enjoyed a Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

From visiting a three-story nutmeg processing operation, we got to see of the hand-sorting that is required, then the drying racks and even an examples for some of the finished product uses.:

Jan15SCStartA40_zpsbakzxprx.jpg

Jan15SCStartA41_zpsjb0zxxir.jpg

Jan15SCStartA42_zpscgvpgxmw.jpg

Jan15SCStartA43_zps4sxn45hl.jpg

Here is an example for one of the small Grenada towns we traveled though at the top of the island where the Caribbean Sea meet the Atlantic Ocean. Next is a few of that town, its beach, coastal area, etc.:

Jan15SCStartA44_zps1lgwwwcp.jpg

Jan15SCStartA45_zpsto3n9o31.jpg

Always delighted to see one of your fabulous photo voyages - count me in for the trip! Especially as TRUEBLUE66 says in the cold brrrrrr in Scotland right now! We can only imagine the warmth of the sun on you as you sip yet another cold cocktail! ;):p:D. Not that we are jealous or anything! hahaha!

Your beautiful photos of the Norwegian fjords have encouraged us to take our first cruise there later this year. You somehow manage to take shots that bring where you are and the people in them to life - your photos truly are worth a thousand words. Just fabulous.

Have a wonderful trip. :D

I bought some nutmeg in that same processing plant, Terry. Am still using it, and every time I grate it, the smell transports me right back to the cruise you are on which we did in 2012.

fairbourne: Always delighted to see one of your fabulous photo voyages - count me in for the trip! Especially as TRUEBLUE66 says in the cold brrrrrr in Scotland right now! We can only imagine the warmth of the sun on you as you sip yet another cold cocktail! . Not that we are jealous or anything! hahaha! Your beautiful photos of the Norwegian fjords have encouraged us to take our first cruise there later this year. You somehow manage to take shots that bring where you are and the people in them to life - your photos truly are worth a thousand words. Just fabulous. Have a wonderful trip.

Appreciate these nice comments and follow-ups. Glad to get such an international audience/interest. I shared these notes with my wife while we were waiting for the start of the 10 am program on Devil's Island. Good luck with your upcoming adventure up the Norway coast.

More pictures below from Grenada. Plus' date=' later today, I will have the rest of my pictures of Silver Cloud food, entertainment, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/font']

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 169,840 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From the rum distilling operations, here are three of my visual samples. This plant dates back to 1785 and still uses that same type of water wheel set-up to power the crushing of the sugar cane. You can see a sample of that cane and then the area where the liquid is heated, etc. They produce a product that comes out at 75% alcohol or 150 proof. Yes, we sampled and it was really burning in going down. Their rum with a fruit version went down much easier!! Very educational and interesting stop.:

Jan15SCStartA47_zpsjhjapprf.jpg

Jan15SCStartA48_zpsmxqcm9xa.jpg

Jan15SCStartA50_zpss0vhbpmr.jpg

Below are a couple of flower examples from this island, plus a unique of a view of bird sitting on top of a cow. Don't often get this mixing of wildlife sitting on an animal.:

Jan15SCStartA46_zpsjtosire3.jpg

Jan15SCStartA51_zps76pgyo08.jpg

Jan15SCStartA49_zpsxsxwmmg8.jpg

Terry, why can't I see your pictures? I can read all your commentary but can't see any of the pictures.

Not sure for Rachel as to why the pictures are not coming up on your web browser. These visuals show up and work fine with my Safari web tool. You might check your browser settings and/or do a re-start on your computer. In some cases, that will clean up any "loose ends". Good luck!!

More fun and excitement below from Grenada.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 46,659 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Here are some more visual samples to share from Grenada. Here is a typical local town view of the small-scale market/street action there. Notice the sign for their upcoming Independence celebration on Feb. 7? It will be a big PARTY on that day here and the night before.:

Jan15SCStartA52_zps8itebgjm.jpg

From the old airport on Grenada, here are two “antique” aircraft. One is from Russia and the other a Cubana Air plane that got left when the U.S. forces arrived in 1983 to stop any threats of military base being placed here. Then, here is a wall graphic in St. George that reflects how happy were the people here to be rescued from their government battles at that time in their young history.:

Jan15SCStartA53_zpsax5ul0ko.jpg

Jan15SCStartA54_zpszhaodq6p.jpg

This is the view down one of the super steep streets of St. George as we were heading back to the Silver Cloud. You can see the ship in the distance. On the left sides are some of the school children in their uniforms after their classes were completed for the day.:

Jan15SCStartA55_zps6gaxdr01.jpg

As we did our sail-away, here was the final view of St. George and lovely Grenada from the top of the Silver Cloud. It rained a little during part of the afternoon driving, but things were very clear and sunny by this time of the day.:

Jan15SCStartA56_zpssbkwxje9.jpg

The sun sets early at this time of the year. This picture was taken a little after 6 pm showinging the sunset from our balcony on the Silver Cloud. Nice?:

Jan15SCStartA57_zpsf5jhk4l5.jpg