Questions for Seaside YC Cruisers

helenb

Anyone who has sailed in YC on Seaside (or will be doing so in the next few weeks), I would appreciate answers to the following questions.

- Does anyone have pictures of the 3rd/4th/5th berths in YC balcony cabins? I heard that these cabins do NOT have the bunk beds, Is this correct?

- Do YC guests have special seating at shows? Do they have to 'reserve' shows like Bella/Fantastica/Aurea do?

- Can anyone post YC menus, including the 'always available' menu?

- What is the functionality of the MSC For Me App/Band? What does the band do for you? Is there anything you need the cruise card to do (that the band iis not capable of doing)? Is the cruise card required to have the lights on in your cabin? Or will any card do?

Thank you for any information anyone can post!

Inline below

Anyone who has sailed in YC on Seaside (or will be doing so in the next few weeks), I would appreciate answers to the following questions.

- Does anyone have pictures of the 3rd/4th/5th berths in YC balcony cabins? I heard that these cabins do NOT have the bunk beds, Is this correct?

4 person room is a double sofa bed, recommend requesting a second duvet if you have 2 kids sharing to cut down on the fighting over covers, there are no bunk beds in YC at this time (would be nice for them to consider)

- Do YC guests have special seating at shows? Do they have to 'reserve' shows like Bella/Fantastica/Aurea do?

None at this time, must reserve the shows each day the same as rest of passengers

- Can anyone post YC menus, including the 'always available' menu?

- What is the functionality of the MSC For Me App/Band? What does the band do for you? Is there anything you need the cruise card to do (that the band iis not capable of doing)? Is the cruise card required to have the lights on in your cabin? Or will any card do?

Only need the card when leaving the ship, but if you leave one in the slot in the room the stewards will use this as an excuse to skip servicing cabin - the occupied light was on and nobody answered when knocking on door. It must be a ship card, believe it uses the NFC in the card to turn the lights on....not the presence in the slot. The band opens YC doors, cabin door, lets you into thermal area in spa, locks/unlocks locker in spa changing rooms, locates pictures on the photo kiosks, can be used for any onboard purchases, drinks, gelato, etc (outside of the YC you will have to tap the band or a card on one of the tablets and sign the zero dollar charge that is noted included in package for included drinks/gelato). Very convenient and nice to have. Also helps in first couple days to identify that you belong in YC as they learn who is a YC guest they do check to ensure there aren't extras in the area.

Thank you for any information anyone can post!

Thank you for the information, Cp1824!

I have another question: are (nice) shorts allowed in the YC dining room for lunch? Obviously they won't be for dinner.

They didn't turn anyone away for tshirts and shorts at lunch in the YC restaurant. The YC restaurant is not crowded for lunch as many opt to eat the steak and rotation of lobster and lobster sized shrimp at the grill on deck.

Inline below

Hey, someone posted a review on YouTube and it said people had to purchase the armbands. Is there a fee for them or will they be provided free of charge? Assuming, there is a fee ... do you know how much it is?

Hey, someone posted a review on YouTube and it said people had to purchase the armbands. Is there a fee for them or will they be provided free of charge? Assuming, there is a fee ... do you know how much it is?

Included in Yacht Club and provided with cruise card at check in for those ages 12+, not sure if included in any other level of service other than for children.

Children who were 11 and under were also free, but had to get a red or green kid band (colors indicated age grouping, red for younger, green for the older - not sure the specific grouping). This required signing a form (MSC has a paper waiver/form to sign for everything it felt like) to get the band for each child and could be done once on board.

With the app on your phone/tablet or on any of the screens located around the ship - very easy to do....just have to remember to do each day.
Had read that starting with the Caribbean only sailings, BeerProv comedy show was held 6 evenings per week in the Metropolitan lounge at 11:30 PM. Is this a walk in situation or are reservations required?

Included in Yacht Club and provided with cruise card at check in for those ages 12+, not sure if included in any other level of service other than for children.

Children who were 11 and under were also free, but had to get a red or green kid band (colors indicated age grouping, red for younger, green for the older - not sure the specific grouping). This required signing a form (MSC has a paper waiver/form to sign for everything it felt like) to get the band for each child and could be done once on board.

We have never sailed MSC, it will be in the YC on the Seaside in June. Do these wrist bands just function like a ship keycard? Is the benefit in not having to stow them in pockets, etc.? Do they take the place of your keycard while on the ship? Are there any pics of the wrist bands?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

can't do it through the Concierge?

These aren't NCL concierges....to be honest I couldn't figure out what value they did provide as if we asked a question they seemed to try and give the answer that you wanted to hear even if it was wrong. We quickly stopped trying to use them and our cruise experience went up. It was simply faster and more accurate to book a restaurant or show on the screen or app than to waste time at the concierge desk and then have to verify that what they did was done correctly.

We have never sailed MSC, it will be in the YC on the Seaside in June. Do these wrist bands just function like a ship keycard? Is the benefit in not having to stow them in pockets, etc.? Do they take the place of your keycard while on the ship? Are there any pics of the wrist bands?

Thanks!

See the last picture here: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/MSC-For-Me.aspx

Pretty much what they look like, small changes to how to fasten on the Seaside version. See my first response in this thread for details on what they can do.

Hmmm. If there are no bunk beds in YC on Seaside, I'm wondering how they have given us a cabin for five? I understood there was a sofa bed plus a bunk for our 3 kids.

Maybe they'll put up hammocks? ;)

Hmmm. If there are no bunk beds in YC on Seaside, I'm wondering how they have given us a cabin for five? I understood there was a sofa bed plus a bunk for our 3 kids.

TWO is right. If you check out the 2,700 picture thread here on CC for YC deluxe you'll see the spot in the ceiling for the pull down bed.

A few questions... What time of day/night is there live music in the Yacht Club Lounge and Pool area?

Are the in-cabin movies complimentary in Yacht Club?

Is there decaf espresso/cappuccino in YC restaurant?

Have shade umbrellas been added to YC poolside now that she is sailing in the Caribbean?

Thanks in Advance!

TWO is right. If you check out the 2,700 picture thread here on CC for YC deluxe you'll see the spot in the ceiling for the pull down bed.

I have been looking for that picture also for the 5 person YC deluxe. If you have a link that would be great. We are only 4 booked in the 5-person suite but will be using the pullman.

I find it interesting that video that they released walking through a YC deluxe mock up (the actual room, not a rendering) had bunk beds. but now I'm hearing that none of the YC deluxe rooms have bunk beds. I would like to get the real story.

I have been looking for that picture also for the 5 person YC deluxe. If you have a link that would be great. We are only 4 booked in the 5-person suite but will be using the pullman.

I find it interesting that video that they released walking through a YC deluxe mock up (the actual room, not a rendering) had bunk beds. but now I'm hearing that none of the YC deluxe rooms have bunk beds. I would like to get the real story.

We're in the same boat (ha ha... bad pun)! 2 adults and 2 adult-sized teens booked in a 5-person room. That's why I wanted to see the pics. I'm still debating how to get the fifth 'phantom' person off of our reservation. My TA suggested canceling at the time of final payment. We could keep the phantom on the reservation (it's only about $100 difference, which in my mind is well worth the money to guarantee 2 separate beds for my 2 teens) but I have heard stories of penalties being imposed if you have no-shows (other than no refunds of the cruise fare). Also, since the fifth person is a phantom, we would be unable to complete check-in online before we arrive.

If they had the bunk-bed style sofa beds, I wouldn't worry about it and just cancel the phantom child now. But I'm worried that if we cancel that person too early. MSC will move us to a 4-person room and my teens will be sharing a tiny sofa bed...

When I originally booked our upcoming cruise this March, the YC was full so we booked an Aurea aft suite for 3 people. We were put on an automatic upgrade list if a YC room came open.

I happened to be looking last October and all of a sudden, 2 rooms available in YC, both 5 person suites.

Called my TA. Of course, we had not been automatically upgraded. Typical MSC. But TA switched us in.

I guess they hold these rooms out looking for a 5 person booking but at some point they get released to anyone.

So I think you will be ok with 4.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app