Laundry Service on the American Queen??

andio2of5

We just booked our first American River cruise....the 23-day Mighty Mississippi Voyage next Aug, 2017. One of the inclusions is "Complimentary laundry services" yet in their Travel Guide they state "Due to the size of the vessel, dry cleaning, laundry and ironing services are not available onboard" So, how does this "Complimentary laundry services" work??? :confused:

We just booked our first American River cruise....the 23-day Mighty Mississippi Voyage next Aug, 2017. One of the inclusions is "Complimentary laundry services" yet in their Travel Guide they state "Due to the size of the vessel, dry cleaning, laundry and ironing services are not available onboard" So, how does this "Complimentary laundry services" work??? :confused:

Your dirty laundry will go off of the boat at a longer shore stops with the boat's laundry to land based dry-cleaners/laundry service. Later in the day it is returned to the boat. I used this service many times with the old Delta Queen Steamboat Co., with good results.

Your dirty laundry will go off of the boat at a longer shore stops with the boat's laundry to land based dry-cleaners/laundry service. Later in the day it is returned to the boat. I used this service many times with the old Delta Queen Steamboat Co., with good results.

OH...that sounds like a much better option :D.....I'm on vacation, don't want to deal with washing machines!!

BTW: Calliope....we were in your fantastic city for a few days last year....lovely place. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

My recollection from december 2015 is there is no off boat service offered New Orleans to Memphis. We used the free onboard machines. In fact we met all Australians and New Zealanders in the cruise in the laundry room!

We just returned and the only thing I saw about laundry involved the self-service machines on deck 4. They are free and the soap is included. We never used them because I would not seriously suggest to my wife that she do laundry on any cruise. :) I wonder what would happen if I did??? No, don't think I will try to find out.

We are booked in August in an AAA cabin which is considered a suite. This comes with "Commodore Services" which include laundry and pressing. Our reservations agent said it would be done on the boat, but it will be interesting to see how it works. I will report back.