Aft-balcony vs. midship minisuite - Norwegian Breakaway

theifinn

Hey everyone, my wife and I are planning our first cruise together to Bermuda on the Norwegian Breakaway. We want a room that is quite (not above or below public areas). What I've nailed it down to is an aft-balcony (13904) or mid-ship mini suite (11202).

I like the idea of awesome views from the back of the ship, but in reading over a lot of the posts here, it seems like many people get the chance to upgrade their room. If the price was right, I would upgrade to a Haven room. However, the aft-balcony is >2 levels from Haven and it seems like that would not be an option.

If it was not for the upgrade option I would choose the aft-balcony. What does everyone think here?

I book an aft balcony for May 14th to Bermuda. I booked cabin in the begining of Dec. and am a latitude member and have not gotten any offers of a upgrade. I did receive an offer to bid on a higher level of cabin which I didn't bid on any cabins.

From what I have been reading on CC upgrades are few and far between now with the new bidding process.

• 5 months later...

Book the cabin you want TODAY. If, against the odds, they call with an upsell offer for a mini-suite, ask what the rate for the Haven Spa Suite is at that time! Problem solved!

Also, be aware that half of the Spa Suites are NOT under other staterooms and about a third of them are under the FITNESS CENTER. Not quiet.

Hi theiffinn. We have recently return from a cruise on sister ship Getaway. We had a mid-ship balcony cabin on deck 11 (I know this is not the type of cabin your asking about) and we found that as far as noise levels go it was fairly quiet unless one of our neighbours, rather inconsiderately, used the toilet. Being airline style suction type they make a hell of a noise. This was mainly a problem early morning when everyone was getting ready for their excursions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...