Where to find help? Allianz Insurance.

masterty

Dad had a stroke. Cruise and Airfare paid in full. At this point it looks like we will not be traveling due to the severity of his stroke. We all purchased "cancel for any reason" cruise insurance through Princess. We also all purchased airfare separately for a flight from SFO to FLL. Myself 2 tickets, my parents 2 tickets and my brother 4 tickets. Also with our airfare we all purchased the insurance option JetBlue offers through AllianzGlobal Assistance at time of ticket purchase 8 months ago. They do not offer cancel for any reason. They do allow one to cancel "if you or a traveling companion is seriously ill or injured."

Are all family members considered "traveling companions" even if we are not listed on my Dads policy? Myself, my brother, and my dad all have the same policy to cover each our own tickets.

My mother does not drive and is too frail to care for my father 24/7. Both my brother and I will be part time care takers for him. More me than he but none the less both of us will be needed in the early months of recovery and rehab. There is language that also says.

"A family member who isn’t traveling with you is seriously ill or injured."

Although we are not traveling with him (not listed on their ticket) we all are on the same flight.

"Specific requirement:

The injury, illness or medical condition must be considered life threatening, require hospitalization, or he or she must require your care."

I am hoping we are covered under my fathers policy as a caretaker or our flight insurance coveres us as "traveling with".

I worry if I call I might say something that disqualifies me. Any advice?

Dad had a stroke. Cruise and Airfare paid in full. At this point it looks like we will not be traveling due to the severity of his stroke. We all purchased "cancel for any reason" cruise insurance through Princess. We also all purchased airfare separately for a flight from SFO to FLL. Myself 2 tickets, my parents 2 tickets and my brother 4 tickets. Also with our airfare we all purchased the insurance option JetBlue offers through AllianzGlobal Assistance at time of ticket purchase 8 months ago. They do not offer cancel for any reason. They do allow one to cancel "if you or a traveling companion is seriously ill or injured."

Are all family members considered "traveling companions" even if we are not listed on my Dads policy? Myself, my brother, and my dad all have the same policy to cover each our own tickets.

My mother does not drive and is too frail to care for my father 24/7. Both my brother and I will be part time care takers for him. More me than he but none the less both of us will be needed in the early months of recovery and rehab. There is language that also says.

"A family member who isn’t traveling with you is seriously ill or injured."

Although we are not traveling with him (not listed on their ticket) we all are on the same flight.

"Specific requirement:

The injury, illness or medical condition must be considered life threatening, require hospitalization, or he or she must require your care."

I am hoping we are covered under my fathers policy as a caretaker or our flight insurance coveres us as "traveling with".

I worry if I call I might say something that disqualifies me. Any advice?

I agree with rugrats.

This is precisely what travel insurance is for, based upon what you have written (in terms of the health/family situation and the policy).

Why are you asking here instead of just contacting the two insurers?

Is the underlining about requiring care your underlining or from the policy? If yours, you should mention the emphasis is added. I'm guessing that you added that.

But note the "or". There doesn't seem to be a requirement that a family member be the one to care, although that *could* be one of the reasons for insurance to kick in.

This doesn't sound like a situation for CFAR, so I'm not sure why you are mentioning that. CFAR is more likely for when one decides to attend a family member's graduation or if one just changes one's mind, such as due to general security concerns, etc.

Also, CFAR usually has either less reimbursement or some restrictions (such as a credit rather than cash back), so again, I'm not sure why you are focusing on that.

I'm assuming you have the "regular" travel insurance, and not only the usually more limited CFAR coverage...?

But ONLY the insurers can answer you questions, and they can't start the process of paying until you contact them.

And we also hope that your father has a good recovery!

GC

Call the insurance company with all pertinent information readily available.

\Don't even mention the Cancel For Any Reason yet. That's your hole card should trouble arise.

It sounds to me like everyone has a valid claim to cancel and receive all monies back.

I guess there is a covered reason for you to file a claim from the insurance companies of your cruise line and airline. You need to call them for their claim processing requirements. Your ability to provide these will confirm your coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My adult son who was not traveling with us had a cancer diagnosis and all we had to do for Princess insurance, was download the paperwork, have his doc fill it out and within one week we had port charges and taxes and within two weeks the rest of the payment. We got the money for our future cruise credit and Princess was kind enough to let us get back the lost obc from those, on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums